Inner Sphere Wars New Season Up Now!

43 replies to this topic

#1 grayson marik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

Dear community, The Inner Sphere Wars planetary league started out to serve as a meta game, where planets could be conquered, mercs hired and great honor could be earned!

Since early April 2013 we started out with around 50 registered users in 3 major units.

Today, besides the heavy struggles with 12v12 among many units, we sport an overall population of around 800 registered users of which roughly 600 take part in the MWO part of ISW.
The rest are spread on the MWT section as well as the MW Living Legends section currently under construction.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all the nice people who play in ISW and who make it a place to have some really challenging yet fair matches!

As time goes, the league has evolved with a new command UI and and some big and small bugs where fixed.
We saw some epic battles and big struggles for some planets.
During all that time, I collected data about how fast the economical growth was for each faction, how many units where destroyed and salvaged etc etc etc. After all, I came to 3 conclusions:
  • There needs to be a cap to prevent units growing in mech numbers beyond some point, where they in fact could populate every planet in the IS with a full company of mechs. This is simply to much ^^
  • Some units where joining the league eagerly but where not yet at a point in training, where some of our "min-max-number-warrior-pro-units" are.

To challenge the pro units without utterly destroying average units, there must be something done.Lets name it some kind of group ELO ^^
  • Albeit the ~2450 planets are a nice toy to play with, it is simply to big for seeing fast action. Sometimes even to big to find the enemy ^^
for Nr. 1, there are some measures taken as such:
  • Every unit can buy up to a minimum of 120 mechs
  • Every unit can buy up to a maximum number of mechs that is calculated by star systems under faction control * 12
for Nr. 2 (MWO ), we will introduce some handicap system on a unit vs unit win loose calculation:
  • for MWO section there is to be a maximum drop weight of 750 tons imposed
  • winning units will face a drop weight restriction below that maximum as follows:
if unit a has won against unit b twice as often as unit b has won against unit a , unit a will have to drop with max 700 tons while unit b will have 750 at their disposal

if unit a has won 3 times as often as unit b, it goes down to 650 tons for unit a
if unit a has won 4 times as often as unit b, it is 600 tons for unit a
beyond that point, if you are unit b... consider hiring some mercs or do more training or something... ;-)

for Nr. 3:

The number of star systems will get greatly reduced. Also the map will undergo some heavy changing as you can already test with the link below. new map test

Posted Image
future map scetch -> Yes, I am fully aware that it looks like some kind of crazy bird ;-)
The head are the clan home worlds by the way :-P

Further game play changes

Economy Factory worlds:

Shopping will change to a system where some sectors hold factories and others do not.
New hardware will only be purchasable in systems with a factory.
So you better make sure such systems are well garrisoned! ;-)
Economy Capital worlds:

Some systems will be marked as capitals in the future. For example the New Avalon Sector of the Federated Suns.
Conquering such a system will reward some nice extra bonus to the attacker.
So you better do not loose such a system ^^.

And now, the changes are LIVE and a new season begins!!!!

The sector based map is still the early test map, but works good enough to release the changes and replace it with the nice and shiny final version later on.

All units have been reset to 1200.000.000.000 C-Bills but no equipment at all.

You should have enough money to buy a Jump Ship, some Drop Ships and Mechs to load and transport so all units start at the same starting line.

The fight history and unit statistics have been wiped as well, so we are all clean of shame or glory.

If you experience any problems like no factory to build stuff or something, let me know a.s.a.p by PM here or by mail!

Good luck everyone, may the peace of Blake be with you![/color]

And finally why do I post this news here? Because NOW is the perfect time for new units to sign up! Everyone is weak at the moment! If you join us now, you will start with the rest! :D
Wonder how this all works? Here is a short fly through tutorial.

Edited by grayson marik, 13 September 2013 - 04:56 AM.

#2 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

@ moderators For the rule to use the original thread, please delete the original thread it is so old and updating it after such a long time is senseless. Thank you

#3 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

View Postgrayson marik, on 06 September 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

@ moderators For the rule to use the original thread, please delete the original thread it is so old and updating it after such a long time is senseless. Thank you

Agreed... sorry for the misunderstanding. Totally my fault this time.

Good luck with new season!

#4 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

As you need more DCMS units i wrote a short message in our house forum. I hope i get some additonal regiments to serve the dragon.

#5 AV 4 T 4 R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Frati Mazzolatori Merc Corp is inside this League as 1st Lyrian Commonwealth :) Let's come in and show your skill with fire and blood!

Edited by AV 4 T 4 R, 07 September 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#6 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

Hey folks, since the reset went through rather nicely and only some minor bugs have made their appearance until now, I would like to try out MWO in a way only the German community did it so far ( with great success by the way)

From today until the 15th of October, ISW will go STOCK! Lets get a new view of
Also for this month, there will be a rule that only one chassis at a time is allowed. So only one CNT-LA or HBK-4H or what ever in a team.

Why do I do this?

Well, I am thinking about a stock branch or at least on including Stock matches in ISW on a regular basis next to the open customization ones.

Edited by grayson marik, 08 September 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#7 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

bump for this, been chugging along nicely, would really like to see some more units in to spice things up!

#8 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

Added some short fly through tutorial for unit setup and command center access: here

#9 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Postgrayson marik, on 13 September 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

Added some short fly through tutorial for unit setup and command center access: here

really good start on that tutorial

#10 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Great league, everyone should join up!

#11 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

I'll check it out- the 9th is looking for some 12 vs 12 practice, and this gives us a good framework. We'll see after the 26th- if no good info for CW comes out, I'll see about outfitting the 9th in ISW.

#12 Jarl Dane

• Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

No JarnFolk?!
What is this universe coming to...

#13 Jarl Dane

• Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

i get this Error whenever I try to login to the command area for MWO,

Fatal error: Call to a member function getUserPassword() on a non-object in /var/www/isw/league/commonFunctions.php on line 69

Edited by Mech The Dane, 24 September 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#14 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

yep indeed you get it. because your unit is not yet rdy to use. means you user account is not finished. i will set it up today.

hmm i should really put in a try catch block there to display a better info than the error...

Edit: You unit is rdy, you can login to command now

Edited by grayson marik, 24 September 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#15 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

Welcome to the 3rd Hussars

View PostLord Ikka, on 24 September 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

I'll check it out- the 9th is looking for some 12 vs 12 practice, and this gives us a good framework. We'll see after the 26th- if no good info for CW comes out, I'll see about outfitting the 9th in ISW.

The 36th Dieron awaiting you comrades. ;)

#16 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

Can someone tell me who are the current units playing/factions?

#17 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

Of course the ISA can ;)

Lyran Commonwealth
1st Lyran Guards
9th Lyran Regulars

Federated Suns
Davion Light Guards - 12th Donegal Guards
Davion Assault Guards - 12th Donegal Guards
7th Crucis Lancers

Draconis Combine
36th Dieron Regular
13th Sword of Light

Free Worlds League
1st Irian Knights

Free Rasalhague Republic
3rd Hussar - The Isengrim

Comstar
55th Armored Calvary

St. Ives Compact
2nd St. Ives Lancers

Circinus Federation
Black Warriors

Outworlds Alliance
Night Watch (usa/can.)

Clan Wolf
Beta Galaxy 13th Battle Cluster

Clan Jade Falcon
Beta Galaxy 5th Falcon Dragoons
Rho Galaxy Jade Falcon Eyrie Cluster

Clan Snow Raven
9th Raven Striker - The Snow Hunters

Mercs
Northwind Highlanders
Kell Hounds
Waco Rangers
1st Btl. Black Knight Legion
Gray Fox Inc.
Carrion Crows

#18 Sodapop

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

Stock planetary league? This looks awesome! ;) Big props to you, Grayson Marik. I don't suppose anyone knows if any of those teams listed are comprised of Aussies or Kiwis?

#19 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

Its actually not a stock league. ISW is a normal planetary league, which is currently testing a stock option for a future implementation as maybe a random rule for fights (you attack someone and the software tells you if the fight should be Stock, modified mechs or no ECM/no Missiles or whatever).

As for NZ/AUS teams, I dont think any have joined up yet, but they would be welcome any time... you just have to be careful when attacking someone that you take the timezones into concideration.

#20 Sodapop

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

Ahhh, ok. Cheers, Rushin, thanks for clarification. ;) Say, is the 331st playing in this league? I used to play for MT in MW4, but that was a long time ago. Great guys.

Edited by Sodapop, 25 September 2013 - 02:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users