The (Un-)Official Mechcommander 2 Thread!

99 replies to this topic

#41 ZizZazZuz

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 52 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationin the r/OutreachHPG Discord server

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

...OK, I'll cave. I have no clue how to do that.

#42 Raven IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostZizZazZuz, on 16 June 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Thanks, but I don't need the code, just the art (and sound) files. And I know I have them, because I own the game. I just don't know where they are.

The package isn't just the code. It contains everything that Microsoft used in game (or most of it, at least).
There are audio files (.wav), textures, .ase model files, among many others. You'd just need to do a bit of searching.

Sorry about the communication error.

#43 ZizZazZuz

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 52 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationin the r/OutreachHPG Discord server

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

Thanks, I'll see if I can use it!

Also, more gameplay related, is there a way to force MechCommander 2 into an aspect ratio/resolution? I remember you could with Homeworld 2 using command lines, but I haven't been able to find anything similar for MC2.

#44 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

Just as a quick update to MC2X and Warlords of the Rim Colonies (sorta what David posted though I'm not sure where he went for a while). MC2X revision 30 will be soon be out at the end of this month (July 30th), so look forward to that Mechcommanders and Mechwarriors! Definitely worth a try to see of how it'd be! ;)

Edit: XNA build also not needed anymore for that new update. Just a quick note.

Edited by luxebo, 10 July 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#45 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

Does this work with Windows 7?

#46 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

Soo... got a lot done on MC2.

If you know how to make AI brains (or if you just use the tool), pay attention to this. You are going to learn custom tactical orders.
  • Find the brain file (\data\missions\warriors)
  • Open the brain file in Notepad.
  • Find this line (it will not be exactly the same as this, but it should be similar):
//// BattleTactics
tacticalParams = 0 + TACORDER_PARAM_PURSUE;
  • Go to the end (before the semicolon) and add a space, plus, and another space ( + ).
//// BattleTactics
tacticalParams = 0 + TACORDER_PARAM_PURSUE + ;
  • Paste in your new TACORDER_PARAM code.
//// BattleTactics
tacticalParams = 0 + TACORDER_PARAM_PURSUE + TACORDER_PARAM_OBLITERATE;
  • If you wish to add another, add another space, plus and space.
Full list of available tactical orders (remove the "//" and text after it to use!)

Spoiler

Edited by DavidHurricane, 30 July 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#47 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

I'am still able to play this game not with my current PC but I also have others :P ! The movie sequences are still awesome and don't trust mercenaries! They will shoot you in the back, like they did to almost every one in MC2. Long live the poptart Atlas!

#48 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:20 AM

Never trust Steiner. They put cooks in charge and honor them as heros :P.

#49 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

Social standarts are not everything I know!

Edited by LiGhtningFF13, 02 August 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#50 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

So I have a few missions packaged. Anything you'd recommend I'd upload them to?

#51 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

From this list of missions, which missions should I upload first:
  • Heartlands
    • Move deep into enemy territory and destroy heavily guarded installments
  • Operation Smokey Bear
    • Find and eliminate the leader of the dangerous Black Bear Militia
  • Tourmaline Tropics
    • Take on a contract to defend a series of tropical bases
  • The Jettisoned
    • Defend a prison from a hijacked convoy
  • Rim World 224
    • Eliminate a large accumulation of enemy Mechs

Addendum: No one wants any missions?

Edited by DavidHurricane, 04 August 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#52 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

I do! ;) Glad you are back David (haven't been really active lately on forums)! But I suggest waiting for the end of August in which MC2X is supposed to be released with Revision 30. I posted before that it would have been released at the end of July but Wolfman delayed to August 31st. Can't wait on my end, and it's gonna work well in tandem to MWO's Community Warfare release too! :o

From that group of released missions, I suggest maybe taking a look at R30 first and updating all the missions to work with R30 of MC2X, as that allows many extra coding options and additional tools and inventory options (want 300x300 maps?) But if you are releasing before grabbing MC2X then releasing all of them at once in a campaign file would be neat. :D

#53 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

Starport

A MechCommander 2 mission designed for Wolfman's Unofficial expansion pack (revision 35) or Wolfman's MC2X Stand Alone (revision 29)

Prepare for the most epic mission of your life! You and your allies control the east side of the Grande River. Your enemies control the west. Your industry and the enemies industry are competitive. The once magnificent city in the middle has become a battle ground. Whoever controls the river will gain a huge advantage thanks to the planet's convenience for space traffic. Although out gunned, you and your allies are now preparing to attack. It is up to you to secure the Grande River Starport!

Mission Data:
Spoiler

Variants included in this package:
Spoiler

(Some variants are hacked. You have no obligation to use them).

What happens:
Spoiler

Downloads:

For Wolfman's unofficial expansion pack (revision 35), click here!

For Wolfman's MC2X Stand Alone Game (revision 29), click here!

Installation:
Spoiler

If you have custom made content, back it up before you install!

Revisions:
Spoiler

DISCLAIMER(Read this! For your own sake!):
Spoiler

For the record, this mission is possible. Just... hard. Also, this mission is designed for unlimited ammunition set to on. By the way, if you don't read the disclaimer published on this post, you can't hold me accountable for anything that screws up (it shouldn't, but there is always a chance). Feedback is always welcome!

NOTICE:

Do not, I repeat do NOT screw up which download is which. If you use the expansion, download that one. If you use the stand alone, download that one. If you screw the downloads up, you take ownership of that. Not me.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 16 August 2014 - 05:06 PM.

#54 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Of everything I did expect, no feedback at all wasn't one of them.

#55 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

Nice work David! Will definitely play through it sometime today. :ph34r: Maybe later on you can update to MC2X R30, though it might take a lot of effort to work it through.

#56 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

View Postluxebo, on 17 August 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

Nice work David! Will definitely play through it sometime today. :) Maybe later on you can update to MC2X R30, though it might take a lot of effort to work it through.

All I have to do is never assign PBrain as the player brain file. Because it glitches. Other than that, all I have to do is make sure it runs as intended.

For the record, no matter how hard it may seem, this mission is in fact possible. Planning to upload some more soon.

#57 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

Cool! Yeah PBrain is a derp warrior file iirc. It doesn't work at all.

At the moment, I have my loadout as this: 2 Dire Wolves, 1 Cyclops, 2 Mad Cats, 2 Summoners. Both Dire Wolves are Alpha Wolves (if this isn't allowed then I'll change it to Dire Wolf Z or another custom loadout), the Cyclops is filled with SSRMs and Pulse Lasers with X-Gauss, 2 Mad Cats with dual CERLPLs and dual Firewalls, and 2 Thors with dual CERPPCs, 1 X-Gauss, and 1 HFD. My pilots for this operation are Gunner and Wolfman for the Dire Wolves, Ghost for the Cyclops, Nail and DeathFX for the Mad Cats, and Rooster and Volaris for the Summoners. I was tempted to change out Volaris for Psycho, as Volaris has a tendency to go rouge on my troops lol. :) I know that Volaris should never be given Quake, ever.

So yeah I'm running the mission now. Just looking from the tac map, it looks quite tough and similar to other missions I've played on, like in Mechcommander Omnitech's Exodus (the final mission on Exodus, and also the toughest.)

#58 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

View Postluxebo, on 17 August 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Cool! Yeah PBrain is a derp warrior file iirc. It doesn't work at all.

At the moment, I have my loadout as this: 2 Dire Wolves, 1 Cyclops, 2 Mad Cats, 2 Summoners. Both Dire Wolves are Alpha Wolves (if this isn't allowed then I'll change it to Dire Wolf Z or another custom loadout), the Cyclops is filled with SSRMs and Pulse Lasers with X-Gauss, 2 Mad Cats with dual CERLPLs and dual Firewalls, and 2 Thors with dual CERPPCs, 1 X-Gauss, and 1 HFD. My pilots for this operation are Gunner and Wolfman for the Dire Wolves, Ghost for the Cyclops, Nail and DeathFX for the Mad Cats, and Rooster and Volaris for the Summoners. I was tempted to change out Volaris for Psycho, as Volaris has a tendency to go rouge on my troops lol. :) I know that Volaris should never be given Quake, ever.

So yeah I'm running the mission now. Just looking from the tac map, it looks quite tough and similar to other missions I've played on, like in Mechcommander Omnitech's Exodus (the final mission on Exodus, and also the toughest.)

Actually, it is just a multiplayer map I ripped. Alpha Wolfs are allowed., I would like it if people explored the variants I included. Also, the Alpha Wolf has many more weapons than what shows in the Mech lab.

#59 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

Finished the mission. :) But at the end, for some reason a salvagable mech wasn't recognizable (might be because it's the first and last mission of a campaign with salvage allowed), so this error showed up instead of the menu:
STOP : [ASSERT 0] couldn't find the variant of a salvaged mech
I'm guessing it's just a slight bug with campaigns and stuff. I ran it with my MC2X R20, though can't wait for R30.

The Alpha Wolf is really powerful, but the Quake was a bit annoying. ECM was also quite annoying. A lot of the variants are indeed hacked/added on with tons of weaponry, but at least it wasn't as bad as when I put 30 CERPPCs on a Locust with the editing of mech variants. :ph34r:

Overall, keep up the good work David, can't wait for additional released missions!

#60 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

View Postluxebo, on 17 August 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Finished the mission. :) But at the end, for some reason a salvagable mech wasn't recognizable (might be because it's the first and last mission of a campaign with salvage allowed), so this error showed up instead of the menu:
STOP : [ASSERT 0] couldn't find the variant of a salvaged mech
I'm guessing it's just a slight bug with campaigns and stuff. I ran it with my MC2X R20, though can't wait for R30.

The Alpha Wolf is really powerful, but the Quake was a bit annoying. ECM was also quite annoying. A lot of the variants are indeed hacked/added on with tons of weaponry, but at least it wasn't as bad as when I put 30 CERPPCs on a Locust with the editing of mech variants. :ph34r:

Overall, keep up the good work David, can't wait for additional released missions!

Most of my Mechs are overboard with the weapons because ti gives me the ability to make you be outgunned even more so than normal. They really remove the asset of "walk, shoot"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users