Ams Not Working (At All?)

5 replies to this topic

#1 Vegex

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

So I don't use the forums often, I never really need to. I don't know where to post this, if anyone wants to point me in the direction (I've looked).

the Anti-Missile System has not been working at all since the patch. My friend has noticed it too, but it's way behind the missile. They slowed down the missile speed, but now the AMS isn't hitting a single missile that I've seen. So hopefully this will get fixed soon..

#2 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:00 AM

I've noticed this in a couple of matches
Like 6 layers of AMS, and LRM20 still getting through.

#3 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

I think you may be right, I was running an LRM30+Artemis medium mech yesterday and noticed that even with 2 enemies in the vicinity of the target each having dual AMS did not knock out many of my 30 LRMs if any at all.

#4 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

Umbrellas have been wildly variable on value this whole game. A lot of times I just take it off, unless I'm rolling with three bros I can't guarantee I'm not just spitting bullets away. Even then, AMS can only do so much since every system is acting as a standalone.

Some kind of C3 network that let AMS units coordinate instead of all shooting the same missile would be great, or AMS affecting the "cloud" of missiles instead of individual warheads. As it stands, all AMS will do is shoot the closest missiles targeting YOU, or the closest missiles in general, and every unit is doing that. I'd suspect that ends up with a LOT of overlapping "AMS shoots the same missile" when six people are blobbed.

#5 Vegex

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Even when my own AMS is not within range, watching a mech that has AMS and/or close by of the LRM volley and still not seeing a single missile being destroyed. I know it's not suppose to hit and stop /every/ lrm, but it seems to not be stopping any.

Are players able enter Testing Grounds with friends etc? Well, I can't really check untill later when my friend gets on. If I'm able to versus him it would make it easier to see if I'm missing some or all completely. I know they're also going to implement the custom games sometime, but that options not in yet. Well either way I'll just keep looking at it when I play. Just I've noticed a considerable change since the patch.

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

AMS IS working, but it's a bit slow at reacting to LRMs initially. Even then, it's more effective for bigger volleys to attack even a dual AMS target (having used the Thunderbolt-9S still gives me that opinion).

Just because you have AMS, doesn't mean you want to just let the LRMs hit you. YOU STILL NEED TO GET COVER BY MOVING OUT OF LINE OF SIGHT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users