I Quit The Match Every Time Terra Therma Is Loaded.

Maps

48 replies to this topic

#41 Madw0lf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

View Postoneda, on 20 April 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

Hey, if he hates those maps then that is his opinion. I personally dont abort on those maps but I dont enjoy them. Only because I love shooting big badass weapons though. I like it when things explode and ppl shout "CALL 911" so thats my overriding enjoyment.

That's fine its his opinion, but that doesn't excuse dcing every time he gets it.

#42 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

Funny, the matchmaker always drops me on the worse map for the build I am piloting. I never disconnect as this is against the terms.

#43 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

I like some maps better than others, but I never disconnect because of it. I cant wait until the Devs implement the lobby so I can choose a map and select a mech with the loadout I want to use on any particular map!

#44 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

I do it too, cuz I learned one important thing - some maps are just waste of my time and nerves. I quit some maps instantly. I quit some maps, if they're appearing in map rotation too many times in a row or too often. I quit some maps, if I'm being dropped on the same drop points several times in a row on unbalanced maps, like Alpine Peaks and Crimson Strait (I agree to have 50/50 chance to be dropped on the bad side, but not 100%).

If developers want to avoid it and stop me from wasting my time having my mechs locked and putting my team into disadvantage, they should do the following things:
1) Implement "Ban map" feature, which will allow me to skip invitations to at least 3 maps, I'll quit anyway.
2) Stop putting some maps into rotation too often. You know, having the same map 3-5 times in a row isn't look like random event.
3) Make chance to drop on certain drop point on the map truly random.

Or they make just fix some maps instead.

#45 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

Mordor might be a terrible map, but DC'ing and reducing your team's likelihood of winning is a terrible behavior. Your actions are bad and you should feel bad.

#46 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts
  • LocationHall of the Valkyries

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 20 April 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

I do it too, cuz I learned one important thing - some maps are just waste of my time and nerves. I quit some maps instantly. I quit some maps, if they're appearing in map rotation too many times in a row or too often. I quit some maps, if I'm being dropped on the same drop points several times in a row on unbalanced maps, like Alpine Peaks and Crimson Strait (I agree to have 50/50 chance to be dropped on the bad side, but not 100%).

If developers want to avoid it and stop me from wasting my time having my mechs locked and putting my team into disadvantage, they should do the following things:
1) Implement "Ban map" feature, which will allow me to skip invitations to at least 3 maps, I'll quit anyway.
2) Stop putting some maps into rotation too often. You know, having the same map 3-5 times in a row isn't look like random event.
3) Make chance to drop on certain drop point on the map truly random.

Or they make just fix some maps instead.

Its monkeys like you who shouldn't be allowed to pilot mechs. One rule for video games is to learn how to adapt to all sorts of situations. There have been many times that I dropped on a map with a terrible build for it but I simply just adapted to it.

Why should your team suffer because of your inability to adapt to poor environments?

#47 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

If you don't know how to fight on TT, or use weapon groups so you don't constantly overheat on it.

Rather than Disco like a giant ***.

Do everyone a favor and uninstall, I'm sure there are plenty of heat friendly environments on Farmville.

#48 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

I couldn't care less if people dc. Maybe in premade 12v12s being down a mech or two makes a difference but in pug matches it just doesn't.

#49 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

Wait, PGI hasn't installed an "EASY" button yet?

C'mon; suck it up, fight hard, then move to the next match. You may have a long wait until MWO meets all your criteria.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users