3 replies to this topic

#1 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

Ok, so we've all had PLENTY of time to adapt and get used to the game change that ECM was. Nowadays, it's not such a big deal. I still want to point out that the current implementation of ECM breaks lore. Question is, is it necessary to nerf/itemize ECM anymore?

ECM as implemented in MWO actually does the jobs of 3 different pieces of hardware.
1. Guardian ECM, protects the equipped mech from weapon locks and jams enemy mechs within a radius (as translated into MWO).
2. Angel ECM, protects friendly mechs within a radius (as translated into MWO).
3. Null Signature, hides equipped mech and friendlies within a radius (as translated into MWO).

So the idea is to either break current ECM into it's three components for 2 crits and 1.5 tons each OR turn the current ECM into a 6 crit 7.5 ton piece of hardware.

Personally, while I prefer to follow lore as much as possible, I do not think this is necessary anymore as there are many counters to ECM. I have seen some recent posts about LRMs and ECM though so wanted to put this back out there to the community.

#2 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

Remember that information warfare pillar we were promised?

I'd love to see ECM broken into 3 parts (Guardian ECM, Angel ECM & Null Sig), if only to add more variety on the battlefield.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 21 April 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#3 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

ECM needs to be nerfed for 5 reasons:

1: To do its real job (Counter Tier 2 tech, not Tier one) like it was in Lore.
2: So it isn't a weapon on/off switch- it just becomes a part of the Information Warfare we were promised.
3: So players don't need to devote all of their attention to countering it, just so they can use weapons.
4: So it can appear on more than a few variants out of more than 100. (This is why it doesn't seem like a big deal- it's so incredibly rare when compared to all other equipment..)
5: So there will be a point to Angel ECM, and Stealth Armor when they eventually arrive. (With their respective drawbacks- Stealth Armor = Heat)

#4 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

As it goes I do not expect to see any changes for things like this before the revamp of the module system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users