- - - - -

Loadout Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 NAZGUULL

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSc

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

Hello Gents. although I am no stranger to battle tech and previous MechWarrior games, I have a question, to which I have been unable to locate a solution in the forums as of yet. When purchasing a new mech, is there a way to view the load out on the mech before you buy it? I may be missing something if so any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:15 AM

Welcome to the game.

Probably the best way to decide which Mechs you want, without digging around in the rather confusing MWO Mechlab UI, is to go to the excellent "Smurfy's" website, and look at all the Medchs and loadouts there.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

Smurfy uses real game data, and keeps his site up to date. He show you loadouts, hardpoints, prices, and you can even configure optimal loadouts in a "Mechlab Simulator" so that you can see what's possible, and how it will cost you in the end.

I've being playing the game for 18 months, and every one of the 40 Mechs I own was first reviewed and configured in Smurfy's MechLab.

Edit: Your question reminded me that should make a donation to him to express my appreciation of his work. Done!

Edited by Appogee, 28 April 2014 - 05:26 AM.

#3 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:17 AM

In game, I don't think so.
However, there is this site, which is awesome and should be in your favorites list: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

#4 NAZGUULL

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSc

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:21 AM

thanks fellas.

#5 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

Mechlab > Filter: Purchasable > click the mech > Mech Details or hover over mech

#6 Harmless01

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:31 AM

Yes you can, select mechlab, purchasable from the filter and then click the mech details button bottom right. But smurfy is better.

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

Don't look in the Store tab; that's fine for mechbays, premium time, and checking sales.

The Mechlab, after changing the pulldown from Owned to Purchaseable, gives you a few different ways to view a mech loadout. Mouseover the mech for a brief overview, or select the mech and press Mech Details near the bottom/right for a complete breakdown of slots, equipment, and hardpoint location.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users