Bug Report

6 replies to this topic

#1 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

First, apologies to Jade Falcon Warrior...

This has been happening to me, more and more often, where friendlies are missing their blue 'dorito' indicator.

PGI, fix this!

Usually when you see someone without a blue 'dorito' overhead they're an out of range, or ECM'd enemy.

Unfortunately, this can (and regularly does) cause some confusion.

Note that in this vid, he's not showing up in the minimap, nor in the strategic map, and other friendlies in front and behind, have the 'dorito', and it's only after about a minute the 'dorito' FINALLY shows up.

Yes, I normally shoot anyone without a blue 'dorito' above them. Even when friendlies are near and aren't shooting at them. I have no idea what the friendlies are seeing, if they're not blinded by the strategic map, or adv. zoom, or are even at their keyboard.

From that position I know the enemy has a lance that spawns close to ours, I was thinking we had at least one coming up behind our far lance, and those around him hadn't noticed it yet.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 16 July 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#2 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

Yep. I ganked the Hell out of 3 teammates the other day because of this issue. I'd have to add that the drop-points on Alpine Peaks were a major contributor to that, though - why would my teammates be spawning completely on the other side of the map from me?

#3 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

I believe this falls into the known issue category . . .

#4 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostMarvyn Dodgers, on 16 July 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

I believe this falls into the known issue category . . .

Is there a place where players/users/fans/etc can find a list of known issues? It would make it a lot easier to not post about issues which are already known if there were a public list we could all coordinate against.

#5 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostPanzerbjorn, on 16 July 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Is there a place where players/users/fans/etc can find a list of known issues? It would make it a lot easier to not post about issues which are already known if there were a public list we could all coordinate against.

Right, because nobody right now opens new threads without checking if his/her problem is, at the very least, already being discussed on the first page of this forum.

#6 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 16 July 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Right, because nobody right now opens new threads without checking if his/her problem is, at the very least, already being discussed on the first page of this forum.
And actually that's what I did, and at the time, I found no post, and even if I had, my experience is that the most common form of reporting a bug is very poor communication on the facts of what was experienced.

In my particular case, I posted a vid that very clearly demonstrates the issue, and maybe will provide the developers more data on how the problem is occurring, or, perhaps give them some ideas on how to try and replicate it.

#7 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 16 July 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

And actually that's what I did, and at the time, I found no post, and even if I had, my experience is that the most common form of reporting a bug is very poor communication on the facts of what was experienced.

In my particular case, I posted a vid that very clearly demonstrates the issue, and maybe will provide the developers more data on how the problem is occurring, or, perhaps give them some ideas on how to try and replicate it.

I was not aiming my snark at you specifically but rather at the general "population" of this forum. Appologies if that wasn't clear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users