11 replies to this topic

#1 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

Im still up in the air as to what house Ill want to work for and starting threads to ask WHY I should work for (or pledge to if I decide on one house over another)

SO... WHY Davion?

#2 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Question is what do you care about?

If you dont care about background history, give each house a number roll the dice, and re-roll on 4.

If you want to join the "good guys" go with Steiner or Davion, if you want to play the bad guys play Kuria or Liao, if you totally dont care for either then join Marik. Yeah yeah i know im over simplifying it.

Go to Sarna.net and read up on the Houses their history and if you think, hey i like those guys then go for it.

Go now little grasshopper and find your path :)

#3 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

Make the wise decision, make the Steiner decision
Posted Image

#4 aDuck

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOne of Australia's pond's

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Haha, ok, Ill try saying something WITHOUT the bias :)

Davion's are the warriors. Crusaders. They want to own the IS through sheer strength, and have started a war with the ultimate goal of uniting the IS under a single banner, hopefully creating the new Star League (respectable, but is this what you are looking for in a house?)

They are known for being cunning, but aren't known for pleasing the people well. Do you care about your people? Or the greater plan?

And, of course, they see themselves as noble fighters. They have a cause, and the people that stand in their way will be trampled under their feet. Most (if not all) of their leaders have been fighters, and great strategists.

So if you are a warrior in the IS, Davion's would be a good choice. Kuitra are also worth a look (they are very honour based), but Davion's have a more western view.

#5 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

Bias is fine, I meant it more an IN chacter type question than anything really (kinda why I made multiple threads asking) but Ill look at sarna as well

The idea of if youre proud of your faction, show why lol

Edited by 514yer, 19 June 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#6 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Because Davion will be first to fight those hated, despicable, boogey-men GOONS.

Or if you like Arbies, poor healthcare and education standards for the masses, huge industrial military complexes, being the protagonist faction of many novels, swords, Imperialism, sunbursts, being a member of Space Brittan/France, being commonly mistaken as being Space America, uniforms ripped from the pages of GI JOE (though that is the whole innersphere really), the color red/orange, autocannons, and so much more!

But seriously, love those threads:

Posted Image Posted Image

#7 aDuck

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOne of Australia's pond's

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

View Post514yer, on 19 June 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Bias is fine, I meant it more an IN chacter type question than anything really (kinda why I made multiple threads asking) but Ill look at sarna as well

The idea of if youre proud of your faction, show why lol

No worries. I'm more of a Davion than anything else (maybe Kurita?), but I'll always be Clan Wolf first. I'm also always trying to put non-bias arguments in because I hate it when people say "I'm right no matter what I say". I'm fine with bias, but its the stubbornness that irks me :)

#8 Mercnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 622 posts
  • LocationATS Dropship

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Davion; the Sword of the Stars.

#9 Tango Zulu

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostQin, on 19 June 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Question is what do you care about?

If you dont care about background history, give each house a number roll the dice, and re-roll on 4.

If you want to join the "good guys" go with Steiner or Davion, if you want to play the bad guys play Kuria or Liao, if you totally dont care for either then join Marik. Yeah yeah i know im over simplifying it.

Go to Sarna.net and read up on the Houses their history and if you think, hey i like those guys then go for it.

Go now little grasshopper and find your path :D

Or is you want to be a spoiler king 3-5 years ahead of the story, you should side with Davion or Kurita for the next couple decades.

#10 THE 4thbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 67 posts
  • LocationN.Y.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

I personally chose them because of there military dominance, but then they just started to grow on me.

#11 Kalain

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Has it been confirmed that the House will make no difference to the availability and cost of various mechs and load-outs? I assume not, but don't know how carefully they're modelling TechManual and other BT tomes on this point.

#12 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

More like you can get everything everywhere, but some mechs/items will cost more as they are from another House.
So a Davion type atlas would cost less then a Kurita or Steiner one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users