You Can Now Purchase C-Bills For Mc!

104 replies to this topic

#41 Altheia Kerensky

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

The problem is they know that MechWarrior fans have been waiting so long for it's return ... they think it gives them the right to milk you for every penny [dollar] you own to enjoy it.

Kinda reminds me of what George Lucas did to Star Wars fanbase .. 'you want it? .. you can pay for it!'

For something you don't even get to own .. it is depressing .. personally I am waiting for the Clan Mechs arrival ... but sadly will not pay $55 for something that if the game folds due to lack of people paying, makes it worse ... I paid £120 for the TOR collectors box [felt robbed then aswell!] but at least if the game folds .. or walk away [which I did] I still have something to remember my time with, ... this goes ... all I'll have is an empty gb space on my hard-drive .. and yet .. PGI want you to pay $500 for a limited 'on screen' mech ... I feel sorry for parents who have kids that want to play and have their 'Gold Khan' Timber Wolf .... I bought a REAL motocycle for less than this.

Sadly I will stick to my 'whatever' Trial Mech and the mistakes I paid for [ Ilya Muramets, Jester, Atlas AS7-D, 1 Mech bay and Black recolour paint] ...

#42 B4BYR4C3R

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationKalgoorlie, Western Australia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

You want me to do what for how much.....?!?!

Posted Image

#43 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

I guess the player base is dropping off rapidly for MWO if they are getting this desperate.

This is what happens when you fail to release things like community warfare inside of 2 years.

Edited by NextGame, 22 April 2014 - 10:18 PM.

#44 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

I'll post in a different thread soon about "the math" as this is a terrible system.

#45 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

Whatever, at least it hasn't turned into a real p2w yet.

#46 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

LOL this was already discussed and obliterated a week back and only now we get the forum advert? lots of rethink needed here.

#47 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

LOL I come back after 3-4ish months to see how this game is going....

for me at least coming back after hiatus
-new moon map = great map and sounds
-new game mode = great
-defense turrets = great
-music = just muted it and play my own as usual but hey its advancement
-stable UI2.0 = little bit overwhelming and some text is small but still great overall
-new mechs = sure that's good I guess
-working ingame store = sure that's a good thing free to play games gotta make money somehow
-bundles in store = great for new people
-MC to Cbills in the store = sure I guess that's ok but defeats the purpose of "playing" the game and gaining skills

I thought everything was slowly going the right way until I found these threads and realized how the bad pricing of these MC-Cbill packages are...

#48 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:36 AM

The best redeeming quality this game had was being NOT a Pay to win game. I don't care that the values are bad, the fact that this package exists is making me lose hope that it will stay that way. I might end up losing my "White Knight" ribbon in my signature because of this.

View PostDarth Futuza, on 22 April 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

Whatever, at least it hasn't turned into a real p2w yet.

Yeah, it's not a real pay to win game, yet, but it's close for those dumb enough to try:

1-Grind one mech with tons of XP (real easy, I got over a mil XP on my COM-2D just waiting to be converted, and I play that mech just a bit more than casually, it's also not a big damage breaker (over 500 per game), with better mechs I can easilly get that and more).

2-Buy MC,

3-Buy C-Bills with MC,

4-Use C-Bills bought with MC to buy and upgrade a mech

5-Use MC to convert XP to GXP

6- Fully master new mech without playing a single match.

There are those with more money than brains, and even this kind of thing (bad rates, intentionally bad I hope) won't stop them.

Thankfully, unlike most pay to win games, in this one skill is still the biggest factor, and most of us don't field a mech until they've fully, or almost fully, customized it.

EDIT: because additional quotes and stuff.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 23 April 2014 - 01:42 AM.

#49 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:51 AM

you cant be made at this because at the end of the day; If someone used MC to get C-bills they wont be guaranteed a win.

#50 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:00 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 23 April 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

you cant be made at this because at the end of the day; If someone used MC to get C-bills they wont be guaranteed a win.

True, that is my greatest solace when it comes to these packages.

Although I gotta say, if people buy them, I'm not gonna stop them, they chose to do that.

#51 DrainAtlantis

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:02 AM

This is just to low. I will get it if you get 6,500,000cbills and 4000mc voor a prise of 25dollar but not this 4000mc is 6,500,000cbills that's just not right

#52 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

View PostDrainAtlantis, on 23 April 2014 - 02:02 AM, said:

This is just to low. I will get it if you get 6,500,000cbills and 4000mc voor a prise of 25dollar but not this 4000mc is 6,500,000cbills that's just not right

I think they wanted to put those packages to save people ~some~ time, without making it Pay-to-win. So if you're really desperate for those extra few million C-Bills, you can spend the MC to get them.

#53 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

Boring.

That sale is not enticing whatsoever. Most C-Bill purchases will be from players getting drunk on a weekend and losing proper judgement.

Would be nice if you sold us something more interesting.

#54 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:32 AM

Its not meant to be best value. If you could buy it for same as the mechs cbill to mc ratio, there would be no point selling the (hero) mechs for mc.

You paying extra for the ability to buy whatever you want, as opposed to specific mechs. Use your heads guys...

Edited by Chavette, 23 April 2014 - 02:33 AM.

#55 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:04 AM

View PostChavette, on 23 April 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

Its not meant to be best value. If you could buy it for same as the mechs cbill to mc ratio, there would be no point selling the (hero) mechs for mc.

You paying extra for the ability to buy whatever you want, as opposed to specific mechs. Use your heads guys...

I am using my head, and since I can buy Hero mechs with less MC and sell them for more C-Bills... :P

#56 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:06 AM

For the record:
1) Pay To Win: You can buy power that is not avaialble via in-game means. Like the only 105 ton mech is avaialble for MC, or a PPC that deals 20 % more damage available only for MC.

2) Bad Deal: You buy somethnig that is not worth the price. Worse even if there is a way to get the same with less money expenditure.

This is clearly 2), but not 1), since you can make C-Bills in game - just keep playing.

#57 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 23 April 2014 - 03:06 AM, said:

For the record:
1) Pay To Win: You can buy power that is not avaialble via in-game means. Like the only 105 ton mech is avaialble for MC, or a PPC that deals 20 % more damage available only for MC.

2) Bad Deal: You buy somethnig that is not worth the price. Worse even if there is a way to get the same with less money expenditure.

This is clearly 2), but not 1), since you can make C-Bills in game - just keep playing.

Wow, that is the best argument on this thread (no sarcasm or jokes, I am 100% dead serious)

Also, best (at least most concise) description of pay to win.

#58 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 22 April 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

How the f@#K is it "pay to win"?

I have nearly 100M c-bills and I still haven't been able to buy this magical "pay to win" button that some of you people keep talking about.

Fine, maybe it's not 100% pay to win but surely it's one step in that direction. I mentioned it because you have to earn C-Bill in order to buy Engines/Weapons/Upgrades/Modules etc etc. It wasn't a big deal if anyone brought a mech with MC, fresh out from the store. Most of them are useless and need to upgrade it and put on better equipments. That now you can exchange C-Bill with MC, you're basically buying your way to the better stuff that will improve your game.

Or should I say useless pilots will able to get their hands on the good stuff without proven real testment of battle experence to gain those good parts? Not a very "warrior" way to earn respect, if you will.

Whatever, it's still one step in that direction of pay to win model.

They shouldn't have gone Free-2-Play route, it's biting them in the bottoms now.

#59 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:46 AM

I dunno...

While I appreciate everyone's opinion regarding the value or more correctly, the lack there of. At the same time I see "options" being a positive.

As alluded to by many there still exists greater value in the commodity of buying and selling certain mechs, but there is still need to have the option to exercise the exchange rate to buy that "one more thing" with c-bills to complete your upgrade that does not necessarily requiring buying a whole chassis.

I swear... this community is becoming so jaded that nothing PGI does is ever going to be good enough.

Which understandably is their fault... but still.

#60 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:51 AM

View PostNacon, on 23 April 2014 - 03:43 AM, said:

Fine, maybe it's not 100% pay to win but surely it's one step in that direction. I mentioned it because you have to earn C-Bill in order to buy Engines/Weapons/Upgrades/Modules etc etc. It wasn't a big deal if anyone brought a mech with MC, fresh out from the store. Most of them are useless and need to upgrade it and put on better equipments. That now you can exchange C-Bill with MC, you're basically buying your way to the better stuff that will improve your game.

Or should I say useless pilots will able to get their hands on the good stuff without proven real testment of battle experence to gain those good parts? Not a very "warrior" way to earn respect, if you will.

Whatever, it's still one step in that direction of pay to win model.

They shouldn't have gone Free-2-Play route, it's biting them in the bottoms now.

I was thinking the same thing you are thinking when I first read it, but now that I have taken another look at the numbers, I do disagree with you.

First of all, No matter how much they allow you to buy things with MC, that will never replace skill. Skill has been so far the only deciding factor in this game.

Also, every single one of us(players who have been playing for longer than three months) practically never runs a mech without having it fully kitted.

The players are spending crazy amounts of MC for little return in C-Bills. (About 9 gazillion players have already mentioned you could probably make more C-bills by purchasing hero mechs and selling them)

There is nothing that they can buy with these packages, that you can't buy yourself. (I make little money, and I would make over a million per day easy, some of my friends make over 5 mil a day, with prem time of course)

The closes the game ever truly gotten to pay to win was hero mechs, and honestly non of them are super powerful, there's nothing they can do that a regular mech can't do. They just let you get C-Bills faster.

However, all of this C-Bill earning, depends on ONE factor, and it's not your mech, or what you have in it, but your skill.

I've used a locust to down mechs 5 times my weight, and all I had was 1 ML and 4 MGs.

A real pay to win game has no skill factoring into it. You just mash button and wait for your turn to end, then your pay to win opponent, brings out the big blingy boots of pay-DOM and splat you in one hit. THAT is real pay to win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users