#1 Anvil ZA

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

Greetings fellow warriors!

Just thought I'd see if I can get a few of the most exceptional stories out of you guys. I'm not interested only in huge dmg wins, or 12 kills or anything like that. I'm talking about the matches or even single moments that stick out as exceptional, moments when you think that it just can't get any better. Times when you survive impossible odds, when you pull off some heroic move, save a teammate and go down in a blaze of glory etc. PUGs, premades, whatever, as long as they trigger some deep primal emotion from the mechwarrior within your soul. I'll get the ball rolling with 2 of my own.

1: Not even my moment really, but I salute this hero of a pilot. Tourmaline Desert pugging away, and for a change actually had a pretty decent team that communicated well albeit through text. Unfortunately, the enemy out-tonned us by quite a bit, and pretty soon it was apparent that we were outmatched. Eventually the inevitable happened, and we were 11 dead (myself included) and the enemy had 7 still standing. The last standing was a twin AC20 BoomJager with no backup weaps. Normally I frown upon these builds, as they have limited usefulness in most situations, and I was sure this wasn't an exception. Then it happened... For 5 glorious minutes my team watched this pilot single handedly annihilate the remaining mechs. They tried one-by-one. 2 went down. They tried flanking. With his back to a wall 2 more went down. The last 3 (2 Vics and an Orion) tried to group rush. They lasted about 30 seconds. This pilot knew exactly where to position himself to protect his torsos, when to turn away from fire, and the precise moment to fire to inflict maximum destruction. It was fantastic to watch. He ended the match with 8 kills and deserved every single one. I could have watched it all day with a huge grin.

2: My own story, and although it may sound stupidly lame to a lot of you, it was my single moment of gaming nirvana. I doubt I will have a game like this where everything is just perfect and the timing is spot-on, for a long time. I normally have my music player on in the background while I game, and in MechWarrior I only have it playing in menus and spectating. Last night I had just dropped, and as my character started hitting buttons and flipping switches in my Jenner I reached for the pause button for the music. As the final button was pushed and "Weapons Online" had just finished, the opening riff from "Shoot to Thrill" started playing. (If you don't know it, it's the song Iron Man plays in The Avengers movie when he overrides the jet's PA system, blasts in and proceeds to give Loki a good beatdown). I thought it was fitting and left it on. I will admit that our team would probably have pulled off a ROFLstomp regardless of what music was playing, but dodging left and right at 150 Kph, smashing assaults in the back with SRM, the whole team working together perfectly, while listening to AC/DC is definitely something I recommend you try at least once! The final amazing moment came when a friendly Oxide and myself found the last enemy, an LRM Catapult. The Oxide and I let fly with all our SRMs in perfect unison, and I took the final shot with my 4 ML. The mech exploded in a shower of sparks (killed by ammo explosion) at the EXACT moment Brian Johnson screamed SHOOT TO THRIIIIIIIIILLLL!!!! for the last time as the song ended. I would gladly pay any sum of money to have a recording of that match...

Hope some of you out there have similar stories of your own glorious moments, I for one would love to hear them.

See you on the battlefield
Anvil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users