Need Target Nearest Enemy, Target Enemy, New Keybinds

6 replies to this topic

#1 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

Need to update new key binds from Mech Warrior 4, like target next enemy or targest nearest enemy. Toggle forward/reverse and a TRUE battlegrip/minimap that moves and smaller!

1) a Target Nearest Enemy, Targest Next Enemy, Target Next Friendly, Target Neareast Friendly keybind
2) A "true" toggle forward/reverse that throttles you BACKWARDS, even if you hit "100% full throttle" because it is TRUE toggle like in MW4 Mercs + Veng.
3) A true mini-map that moves on the screen and rotates per mech position. Also , it lets you move the mech still even though it is open. And it should be smaller i.e. CSGO /Battlefield 3/4

*Also a "store" option like on STEAM where users can sell mechs to each other and choose price.

Edited by 3N3RGY, 11 May 2014 - 08:29 PM.

#2 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:19 AM

I've seen a fair few of your posts here now, 3n3rgy, and all they seem to go on about is changing MWO into a different game. MW4 was one of the worst MW titles, and CS, BF and Steam have little relevance here. If you like those games, go play them. Steam is not a F2P platform.

Yes, the game could use a few more binds. However, there are bigger issues that need addressing first - matchmaking, Clan implementation chief among them right now. A forum search will also tell you why they won't add a 'Target Friendly' option.

#3 Kain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationZenith-Jumppoint, Tukayyid

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:48 AM

View Post3N3RGY, on 11 May 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

*Also a "store" option like on STEAM where users can sell mechs to each other and choose price.

No, you don't want an auctionhouse...just imagine the "opportunities".... ;)

View PostArnold J Rimmer, on 12 May 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

MW4 was one of the worst MW titles

Yes, yes it is.

nevertheless, "target nearest enemy" though would be a nice improvement.

#4 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:23 AM

yes some target changing would be nice, its a bit annoying when you wanna lock your SSRM's and pressing R just circles through spotted opps on the other side iof the map. maybe a "Lock on crosshair" keybinf locking what you aim at.

What I would really love to see is the MW3 Demoversion cockpit controls. For some reason it was different to the MW3 controls. in the demo you could freely move your arms and when you were hitting the visual edges, then the Torso started turning.

I cna with ctrl now move my arms freely too, but when releasing ctrl the torso doesnt catches after the mouse.

#5 Jagsmar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:55 AM

It suppose to be a "thinking man's game" not who can write the best macros. I'm all for improving the behavior or hitting "R" like targeting enemy under or closest to crosshairs but to add "nearest" and "next" means you don't have to maintain situational awareness.

#6 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:41 AM

View PostJagsmar, on 13 May 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

It suppose to be a "thinking man's game" not who can write the best macros. I'm all for improving the behavior or hitting "R" like targeting enemy under or closest to crosshairs but to add "nearest" and "next" means you don't have to maintain situational awareness.

Obviously, you've never had to press "R" a lot of time to pick the right ennemy in the middle of a brawl. Well i have, and very often.

I don't care about OP's 2) and will stand against his 3), but the targeting in MWO is absolutely broken: you can't even target one of your friend to see his loadout and/or damages!
"Thinking Man Shooter" implies you have things to think about. Negating the ability to select the target you want or check your teammates state during a match is rather far away from that.

#7 Kahoumono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

The key binds are necessary since there in no in game voice and not everyone wants to bother with teamspeak. Could they add one button for a distress/assist signal? Something that marks where you are on radar and which direction you are facing for those moments when you round the corner into an enemy lance and don't have time to type a detailed report. Conceptually not too much different than putting an attack/defend marker down from the mini map. Limit it to one a minute so you can't spam it and of course it shouldn't work when around enemy ecm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users