Screenshots Of The Puma

BattleMechs

92 replies to this topic

#61 Daekar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 23 April 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

They managed to get the Adder correct, but not the MadCat. At this stage any 3d model is hit or miss.

Can't wait to see the devs and players complain about getting stomped on twitch in slow Light 'Mechs against thousands of 150 km/h light mechs easy mode streaks and lasers. Because obviously the Inner Sphere are the Clans now.

Just wait until we see somebody mount some SSRM6s on one of these bad boys. Any IS light without double ECM will vaporize before it knows what hit it.

#62 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostDaekar, on 23 April 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Just wait until we see somebody mount some SSRM6s on one of these bad boys. Any IS light without double ECM will vaporize before it knows what hit it.

they'll be fired in streams, giving AMS a chance to act, unless at PBR. Even then, the damage will be highly randomized. Still should put some proper fear into Spiders. :unsure:

#63 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 23 April 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

The Puma looks nice, but it also looks pretty big. I don't know if it's the angle of the shots, but it looks to be as big as a Catapult. PGI is probably going to mess up the scale like they have with the other mechs.

The size comparison that Jin Ma did make it look just a little taller than a Jenner, and it seems to have a much better CT to ST ratio. Sure it's gonna be only as fast as a medium mech, but it's much smaller and it looks like you can spread damage well.

#64 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostDiablobo, on 23 April 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

The Puma looks nice, but it also looks pretty big. I don't know if it's the angle of the shots, but it looks to be as big as a Catapult. PGI is probably going to mess up the scale like they have with the other mechs.

doubtful. Lights have universally been too small, actually. No reason to think otherwise as yet.

#65 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 April 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

they'll be fired in streams, giving AMS a chance to act, unless at PBR. Even then, the damage will be highly randomized. Still should put some proper fear into Spiders. :unsure:

Remember beta when people were scared of the SSRM-12 Catapult? Let's see how they like a SSRM-18 Adder with an added ER medium laser. :D

Edited by Gigastrike, 23 April 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#66 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Well, this is a pleasant surprise. My faith in the modellers at PGI has been restored! Love, love, LOVE this model; it's really close to the original art and they've scored a very alien/Clan look through its fuselage.

I usually preach doom and gloom, and I made a fuss over the Wolf... but this, this one has rekindled my interest. Top work PGI!

#67 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I'm trying to decide if this little guy is sexier than the old-geometry Catapult K2 or not.

#68 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 April 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

I'm trying to decide if this little guy is sexier than the old-geometry Catapult K2 or not.

Hard choice isn't it?

The grandpa - Catapult with its golden/yellow standart skin and the shiny big K2-Tubes... That thing was gorgeous...

Posted Image

#69 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostIqfish, on 23 April 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Hard choice isn't it?

The grandpa - Catapult with its golden/yellow standart skin and the shiny big K2-Tubes... That thing was gorgeous...

Posted Image

Naw...not that hard. If the canopy and CT was a little more angular, maybe, but those soft lines just don't give ti the armored hunter look if the old K2.

It IS the best looking light, yet, though.

#70 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 April 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Naw...not that hard. If the canopy and CT was a little more angular, maybe, but those soft lines just don't give ti the armored hunter look if the old K2.

To be honest, these lines and the Griffin cockpit are the only "non-edgy" parts in the game, which lets me hope that the Clan 'Mechs could maybe be designed a bit differently (more smooth lines, more curves).

I really really like that idea and I hope we get more curvy designs in the future.

Real 'Mechs have curves!

Edited by Iqfish, 23 April 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#71 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostIqfish, on 23 April 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Hard choice isn't it?

Posted Image

IS mechs are supposed to be broken down mechs, but i wish we could buy fresh skins for our IS mechs that look like beta/clan mechs.

#72 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostInRev, on 23 April 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

Edit: The best part is how sleek and aerodynamic the CT/Cockpit area is. No legos were used in this battlemech.

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!

PLEASE DEVS - LISTEN TO THIS!

The design is gorgeous and it is coincidentally (if not) one of the sleekest & curviest mechs on the block! The small detail on such a small mech is just fantastic, you guys could be gods in the eyes of your fans if you got the mech designs as well done as this!!

All it takes is less lego, more curves!!

#73 Durandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 227 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

The first thing I thought when I saw it was "Oh look, it has a pretty little bonnet on!" Now I can't unsee that.

I like the design overall...but it's pretty slow for a light, IMO. Will have to give it a shot later.

#74 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

View Postdurandal, on 23 April 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

The first thing I thought when I saw it was "Oh look, it has a pretty little bonnet on!" Now I can't unsee that.

I like the design overall...but it's pretty slow for a light, IMO. Will have to give it a shot later.

[Malcolm_Reynolds]
I swear by my pretty little bonnet, I will end you.
[/Malcolm_Reynolds]

#75 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 23 April 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

I'm hoping the ability to switch out specific body parts on clan mechs will help with the hardpoints. Sure the prime only has the 2 energy hardpoints and fixed flamer, but you can take the left and right torsos from other variants to give the mech a couple extra weapons.

And don't forget, the Prime variant has that one right torso with quite possibly the sole ability to mount a Targeting Computer much like a fixed ECM mount. :unsure:

(Their marketing team had a goof-up with listing it as CT. No way a 3t 3c piece of equipment would be able to fit there. Especially with a locked Flamer and Endo Steel crit taking up the only two slots possible.) :D

The other side torso of course would be a no-brainer unless they did something unique for that side like give it the only AMS mount for the entire chassis (which I think is what they're going to do with that side).

Then you'd have to choose. Targeting computer or an additional weapon mount? AMS or an additional weapon mount? Obviously I feel a lot of players will go for the TC torso and the other weapon mount side. But there might be some players who'd be willing to give up a weapon for the ability to mount AMS for more protection. Especially in the face of massed LRM fire, Streak boats, and even Narc users to an extent. :D

Edited by Mechwarrior Mousse, 23 April 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#76 PACoFist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationThe Eye Of Chaos

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostIqfish, on 23 April 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks much better than the Timberwolf. I hope the Nova will be looking as good as this little mech.

Did anybody notice the different "hips" in this two pictures? Is that a hip-mounted missile launcher? :unsure:

#77 Jenkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

That actually looks really good. Almost makes me want to go and buy a clan package.

But I think $55 for just the Adder or $100 for the Adder + 1 is crazy.

Edited by Jenkss, 23 April 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#78 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

Now... THIS is a real clan adder...
Love the looks... the looks alone is shouting "Yes... i'm your nightmare" :D

I just wish the timber wolf could have this kind of sleek design for its legs instead of thunder thighs... :unsure:

Edited by Navid A1, 23 April 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#79 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Anyone remember the UI bug, where all the display elements would be locked on? The same bug that revealed that there were paper-doll elements for shoulder pod hit locations?

Now this is just me having a brainwave, but what if they use the same separate shoulder hit location that the Timber Wolf will REQUIRE for the Adder's shell?

Again, just a random brainwave before nightly unconsciousness.

Edited by Firelizard, 23 April 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#80 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

View PostPACoFist, on 23 April 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

Looks much better than the Timberwolf. I hope the Nova will be looking as good as this little mech.

Did anybody notice the different "hips" in this two pictures? Is that a hip-mounted missile launcher? :unsure:

Looks like Operation Revival Omnis get custom geometry to go with their camo as per usual with preorder packages. It also has rails going over the "hood".

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 April 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

I find it appropriate that it looks sleek like a serpent as befits its name. I bet it will look amazing in Cobra camo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users