159 replies to this topic

#41 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

1) What is it that you like about the Launch Module? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)
The cancel button for the matchmaking at the very lower left corner.

2) What do you like least about the Launch Module?
Exceedingly long search times (exceeding 5 minutes) but you can cancel and re-search and get in faster, so that's OK.

3) What are your impressions of the Weight Class Restrictions?
Doesn't seem to affect gameplay. Still get rolled or do the rolling.

4) Any other comments, concerns or suggestions?
The test window needs to be extended for a longer period of time to allow a greater sample/pool of players.
Cancel button needs to be bigger or in a more noticeable location.
Private match setup screen should scale with screen resolution.
The offer for 1 day of premium should be lowered to just participating in a single public match due to the long wait times. I waited longer just getting into a match than it actually lasting.

#42 Bogdan Kobzar

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 23 April 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

This thread is to cover any qualitative feedback regarding UI 2.0. If you would like to report specific bugs with the preview, please use the New Issues thread.

Please follow the questionnaire provided. This is to help us better organize and process your feedback after the test.

1) What is it that you like about the Launch Module? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)
The cancel button for searches
nothing that was already an issue

3) What are your impressions of the Weight Class Restrictions
Public match, all modes, going in solo. so far, 3 matches in a row the team I was on was killed off quickly with final standing beint 12 to 2, 12 to 3, and 12 to 1

not at this time

Edited by Bogdan Kobzar, 24 April 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#43 Taifune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

1) What is it that you like about the Launch Module?

- Games feel more balanced in public single player drops.
- I Like the lobby (private matches) and the ability to create any kind of game.

- Search time. Hope this is just because not enough people on the test server, but I was not able to get a single game for over half an hour...
- The lobby and the way you could choose/modify your mech from there is not consistent with the rest of the game.

Great! feels absolutely great now (when you manage to get into a game).

- Add two things to the public queue: an indicator how long you are searching (clock counting up) and a hint for the average search time per mech class averaged over the last 5-10 mins. Gives you at least a hint how long you might have to wait and possibly lets people select mechs in classes with lower wait time.
- Why not have the same lobby window for public and private matches, where the public one is just being populated automatically and the options are missing? Feels a bit strange to have two different screens for similar purposes...
- Let us make private open lobbys anyone could join...

#44 Oggelboggel

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

1) Cancel option- thank you!

2) The return of the ambigiously captioned "Not Ready" button (this time in private match lobby). Yet another design choice suggesting PGI should assign someone with experience of HCI design and/or implementation to the UI development team - or perhaps listen more to the ones (presumably) already on the payroll?
*) non-floating social functions, GUI sounds, number of mouse clicks to do just about anything, etc.

3) Biased impression was "better", from a match perspective, but the PTS-sessions varying search-times gave an ominous reminder about the ideas suggestion being able to ready up multiple Mechs and being able to see the current weight class que sizes/times when doing solo PUG:ing. When the test started, the search times gave the impression that there was a lot of Assaults trying to drop, later on I tried and gave up on running Lights (but at this time launching an Assult had practically no search time).

See 2 and 3 above.

#45 RayBotiiC

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

What is it that you like about the Launch Module? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)

Cancel button.

What do you like least about the Launch Module?

Too many popups. If a public match you could pick type of match without another popup.
10 attempted public solo drops that included lights, medium, heavies and assaults.
I cancelled more than 50% of attempted public solo drops after 10-16 minutes of searching.
Cancelled a search in each weight class after failing to find a match for 10+ minutes.
Never got a match in a heavy (3 attempts, ~ 40 minutes in queue total).

What are your impressions of the Weight Class Restrictions?

Hard to say, didn't get very many matches.
The encounter seems to start much more frequently.
Fewer long range snipe-fests.
Generally speaking matches aren't any more competitive than normal. It's usually a 12-4 or worse drubbing on one side or the other, at least they seem to end quicker however.

Any other comments, concerns or suggestions?

Test Server I know so take this with a grain of salt.
Some indication of wait time or perhaps position in queue would be nice.
Having the ability to switch to a needed weight class to get more matches and help others get more matches would be great.
I don't have a whole lot of time to play and spending more than half the time I have available "searching" will lead me to find other more effective means of scratching my gaming itch.

Edited by Waurgrim, 24 April 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#46 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

The only positive thing was seeing icons showing that players are in a group and who is the leader of said group (well, assuming you are in a unit, you would be able to figure that out).

The Cancel button for stopping the drop is nice.

I could not test the Private Matches function thoroughly w/o Premium Time. Would've been nice to be given said thing in order to test it.

It's OK and it seems to work. However, all matches seem to be much easier due to overall less "bulk" on the field.

I'm unsure if what I saw will carry over to the main server with the full population though.

However, matching still seems to allow MORE THAN ONE PREMADE on a team than Paul's stated numbers.
I don't have issues with it, but it would need to be clarified if that was to be implemented on the server.

Also, the wait times were kinda problematic at times. Cancelling and switching out to a different weight class helps out the situation. I'm unsure if this is going to be a problem when put into the main server, but it bears watching. Implementing "weight class needs" would actually be helpful.

Additionally, the broken chat with other people HAS NOT BEEN FIXED YET. This bug was part of the current patch and is still lingering out there.

There were some greater lag-warp issues in this test. I'm not sure if the code has changed, but it's a lot more messy when collisions occur (warp/teleporting). I'm unsure if it's just the PTS or something else... it also bears watching.

Edited by Deathlike, 24 April 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#47 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

That you didnt build in a Failed to find a Match thing, It realy makes me laugh much. You Guys are awesome in making Things wrong. Imho.
The clean Optic in the Private Matches section.

That you didnt build in a Failed to find a Match thing
That nowhere is described that you need two leaders with Premium to geht this Teamsizething to work. Anoyin if you try and dont know why its dont working.
A bit to much to click in to much Screens, Imho
No Lobbys to search for PPL Online to make Groups (not the Friendlist) for Private Matches. Seriously?
No Chatrooms.

I guess the diversity will maybee dropp duo this, We will see. Gamesduration seems to be shorter, We will see....As Always

Good Luck with this. Good Luck for the Community as well. :lol:

Edited by Revorn, 24 April 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#48 Wayreth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

cancel is nice
2) What do you like least about the Launch Module
Unable to launch for any games, waited 1 hour for assualt, 1 hour for med, and another hour for light; No matches
good if it actually lets us play
As mentioned before if this availability issue is a part of the new release you will lose any remaining customers you had

Edited by Wayreth, 24 April 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#49 DasProjektil

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Private Matches look great.

There is no explanation for anything

Everyone was trying out strange builds/mechs. Hence I can't say if the gameplay will change much.

Searching for a game took ages sometimes.

#50 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

-Cancel button.
-The look of the lobby.
-Nice friends list.

-Waiting times. Will probably not play "one game" any more, as I don't want to waste the time if i happen to pick wrong mech.

-A bit boring already.
-Life in lights is a little bit easier.

-Add more weight distributions to mix things up and help the matchmaker cut queueing times.

#51 Jay Corbett

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

1) What is it that you like about the Launch Module?

After seven drops, I've not had a single item stand out as a noticeable positive change. I'm sure there are some UI points, but they blend into the 'should always have been there' category that they are hard to really notice.

As 1), nothing stands out as spectacularly bad either. It all feels like stuff that should already have been in the game.

It is the single worst change brought up for implementation. Without exaggeration, this will kill off whole groups of players by forcing them to play what you want them to play, rather than balancing around what they're choosing. The queues on the PTR were awful and I can only imagine how bad they will be for lance groups with a trio of lights (or assaults, or heavies). It's horrible. I cannot express this strongly or loudly enough.

The changes are going to pigeon hole every class of mech. We'll see match after match where LRMs and ECM reign supreme even more heavily than they can do now. ECM Lights will essentially turn the tide of battle with far, FAR too much emphasis on how well they and their paired LRMs do. I don't see any fun coming from future matches (and I saw absolutely none from the PTR games, which followed this exact pattern to a miserable conclusion).

Teamspeak is abuzz with comments on how this will virtually kill off enjoyment for many of the people I know playing this game. Quite honestly, with the foreseeable future being LRM dumps and light rushes, I'm feeling very glad I didn't prepurchase anything to do with the clans. I don't see any more money being directed to this game. You had my legendary founder cash and I'm still waiting to get value from that.

#52 Hurrey

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 29 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

What is it that you like about the Launch Module
3/3/3/3 and private matches. Editing a mechs modules from lobby. Cancel search button.

Can't see friends or team / lobby chat when you “invite to lobby by player name”

Really good for medium pilots. With the exception of the medium wait times. They seemed extended for some reason. That may have been bad luck though.

A quick run down of the 10 drops I did when loading in for the first time.

1st Drop solo 15 mins with no match – manually cancelled (Medium)
(Noticed chat still showing envelopes but when clicking to open conversation box messages not there to be seen.)
2nd Drop solo 15 mins with no match – manually cancelled (Medium)
Relogged
3rd Drop 4 man Less than 1 min wait Mixed lance, all modes 12-9, forest colony (Medium)
4th Drop 4 man cancelled after three mins as assault mode was deselected. Mixed lance.(Heavy)
5th Drop 4 man 2 mins to drop, Mixed lance , all modes, 6-12, HPG (Light)
6th Drop 2 man 5 mins with no match – manually cancelled (Medium)
7th Drop 2 man 2 mins with no match – manually cancelled. (Heavy)
8th Drop 3 man 3 mins to find a match, mixed lance, all modes 11-9 HPG (Medium)
9th Drop 3 man Less than 1 min to find a match, Mixed lance, all modes 12-4 Forest Colony (Heavy)
10th Drop 3 man Less than 1 min to ind a match, Mixed lance, all modes, 12-6 Terra Therma (Medium)

We then tested the use of the lobby for even and uneven drop weights and players. No issues encountered and had a great time doing 1v1s and 2v2s. All options selected seemed to work. Overall no real bugs were encountered and the module seemed stable and functional. It seemed like there were less 12 – 0 stomps which was good. Not sure how that will translate on live. Here's hoping for the best!

#53 Warrior UK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 142 posts
  • LocationUK South Coast (Sussex)

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

1) What is it that you like about the Launch Module? (Please enter as many items as you wish.) NOTHING!, To many bugs, Dropped six times in a light mech and all I could do was turn on the spot left as if my A key was stuck which it wasnt, restarted client, same result, changed keyboard, same result, nothing I could do to resolve this matter, I could go forward and backwards so long as I turned left sharply, no right turn!, yes I even went into settings, What do you take me for, fhick!?......

Your dumb 3/3/3/3 rule

Rubbish!, In MechWarrior weight class restrictions mean, weight of mechs of the whole unit, not class of mech per four/three grouped
Get rid of the 3/3/3/3 rule and base the balance/weight restrictions to the whole group of twelve, say 750 to 800 tons [max] with no minimum limit or even with a minimum lmit. I feel that many die hard fans and founders would agree that this is a better way to go forward on this matter.

My concern is that if the 3/3/3/3 rule stays in game many more players will leave due to trying to find a mech to drop with when playing with friends and then not getting a drop untill the right balance is found which I feel will create a lot of frustration for players in general, also for new players joining, remember that your player base is the key factor of your games survival, tho I am sure that you are aware of this fact, which brings me to another point about this rule, and that is, at this point in time many players do not bother with doing 12v12 due to the hassle and frustration that it creates, this will not change even when the new launch module comes out, yes some will pay for prem time but then the novalty will ware off due to money needed elswhere or have had enough of giving it to you for lack of return.

Edited by Warrior UK, 24 April 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#54 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

For whole 4 question there is one answer! I LOVE IT ALL! :lol:

#55 DarkMetalBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

First off, I definitely like the fact that you can cancel a search at any time, which is very handy if something comes up & you need to back out at the last minute while it's still looking.

Also, the fact that there is some semblance of balance in each game is surely a sight for sore eyes.

Wait times were a bit lengthy when I first started - I wound up fielding my Yen Lo Wang before I was able to find a match. But once that finished, I started getting into subsequent matches in a matter of about 30 seconds. I just needed to mix things up & swap between weight classes for best results.

Another important thing is, it still doesn't take into the times when a player fails to connect altogether & replace him with another person that can fill in that space.

Other than that, it works like a charm.

I was skeptical at first about 3/3/3/3, but as I've begun playing around with it, some of my doubts fell silent. Again this has established a semblance of balance between the two teams. However, it doesn't stop some matches from becoming ROFLStomps one way or the other, but still, the much sought-after nail-biter matches where it comes down to the wire have become more prevalent, thanks to this system. Another thing that might be an issue with some of the new players & the strict F2P crowd is that it may force them into investing their limited amount of mechbays in one of each class, to optimize their wait times.

I do have a few things: First & foremost, you guys really should make an actual public lobby, in which they can prepare beforehand.

More importantly, you can keep this 3/3/3/3 system intact for the next patch, but at the same time, implement an actual weight-balancing system for the next one, which a lobby is a must-have. My suggestion for such a system, is that once the lobby is full, give one of the teams the chance to choose their mechs first, & once they're finished, the other team is given a range in which their load must meet in order for the match to commence. The weight differences between the two teams can't exceed 120 tons either way, however, the optimum differential is around 70 tons or less. That way, it'll retain the players' freedom to choose whatever mech they want, while at the same time, keeping the teams as balanced as possible. This is, of course, going to require an actual lobby implemented first.

So, I'm hoping that you guys will listen to this carefully.

#56 rhilir

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 40 posts
  • Locationmilwaukee

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

you need a lobby for public que to let people know what in que atm. That way you can see, what you have the best chance for weight to get in with. Also being able to chat with people would be nice out of battle like when you waiting on a match. Like all other games out there.

#57 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

What is it that you like about the Launch Module

3/3/3/3
Cancel search button.

Only played 5 Matches and only had issue with the Medium Mech Launch times. (weird, as word is no one plays Medium Mechs...right) ;)

For those who "have to" drive one weight class maybe not so good. For those who can select a variety, it works.

A quick run down of the 5 drops I did when loading in for the first time.

1st Drop solo <2 min. to Launch – 12-8(L) (Assault)

2nd Drop solo <2 min. to Launch – 12-7(L) (Heavy)

3rd Drop solo (cancelled x 2 with >5 min. waits) – (Medium) (want to play not wait) :wub:
(switched to Light) (<5 seconds to launch) 12-0(W)

4th Drop solo <2 min. to Launch – 12-6(L)(Medium)

5th Drop solo <1 min. to Launch – 12-3(W)(Assault)

Hope to try Private at a later time. Groups loads at 9:00pm est :(

Over all. Not bad. ;)

Edited by MaddMaxx, 24 April 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#58 Tanzor

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

1) What is it that you like about the Launch Module? (Please enter as many items as you wish.

cancel button

I don't think there should be weight restrictions. It's not like any one class is being overused and steamrolling all others. There are plenty of counters to not need a weight restriction.

Not a fan of your business model (recently returned after testing during Beta). You should not have to use MC for most of the things you are currently charging for.

#59 STR4NG3R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationKamloops,BC Canada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Can't answer ... spent 2+ hours trying to connect to a match 15+ minutes each time spent searching before hitting the cancel button (like that btw)
tried various combo's of all assault only , conquest only etc.
I'm a little disappointed but not overly surprised ,glad to see some of us were able to get in .
I think that it would be a nice jester if PGI gave all who TRIED the free day of premium time as a sorry we will get it right the next time ..but hey thats just the opinion of someone who has been playing since day 5 or 5 of closed beta LOL

#60 Fallzdown

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTraveling

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Did all 5 drops in less than an hour in:

Medium = 6 minutes in que
Assault = 2 minutes in que
Heavy = 5 minutes in que
Medium = 1 minute in que
Trial light = instant load

I really enjoyed the match ups, having more lights running around was strangely fun (annoying little sh*ts).
Graphics sucked but I wrote that up as a test server thing so nbd.
Loaded a different map for each match which was REALLY nice. No 5 match runs on the same map expecting to see my old mech corpses.
Overall great experience minus the weapons groups resetting each drop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users