What Clan Configs Are Timeline Appropriate?

7 replies to this topic

#1 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:26 AM

I want dat Dire Wolf B...

Would be nice to know some possible Summoner options before I consider buying too.

Edited by The Mechromancer, 02 May 2014 - 01:27 AM.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:41 AM

Thor prime, A and C are almost equal - expect them to be a faster mirrored victor....

Thor B is a missile plattform
Thor D is a energy plattform with targeting computer and 2 ballistic slots (machine gun)

It depends on PGI....what they will implement. Hope for Prime B and D

The Dire Wolf - originally only have the Prime, A and B.... although the MUL (master unit list) shows that the Dire Wolf - S is possible too....if PGI have a idea to what to do about A-Pods (anti infantry claymores)

#3 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

Some variants I would like to see. I have, for sake of argument, ignored the Prime, A, and B variants when compiling this list. Reference book each appears in appended.

Kit Fox C, everything you want to protect yourself against spheroid missile-spam. Per Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade (unfortunately the Devs would need to decide what to do with A-pods before we see this one)

Nova S: Medium lasers and machine guns done the right way. Per Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade

Stormcrow I; LRMs with a nasty surprise for anyone playing 'hunt the LRM-boat'. Per Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged

Summoner D, energy weapons, targeting computers, and machine guns, what is not to love? Per TRO:3050 Upgrade
Summoner G: Because six streak SRM launchers give spheroids a bad day, per TRO: 3050 Upgrade (unfortunately has a heavy small laser and those are not supposed to be in production until 3059, but we can hope)

Timber Wolf D: Even more fearsome if the streaks all face forward. Per TRO: 3050 Upgrade
Timber Wolf S: Because everything is better with jump jets. Per TRO: 3050 Upgrade

Warhawk C: Energy weapons, targeting computer, and a flamer for adding insult to injury. Per TRO: 3050 Upgrade

Dire Wolf S: Jump jets? on a Dire Wolf? O_o Per TRO: 3050 Upgrade
Dire Wolf W: For the Wolf Dragoons (have to throw the dogs a bone) Per TRO: 3050 Upgrade

There are, of course others. I have been hankering for an underwater map (just to screw with everyone's weapon load-outs of course) and the Dire Wolf U has six SRT-6 launchers. And the Nova U for that deep-space boarding action map that we will not be getting anytime soon (sigh).

What we could (we hope) see in the future
Mist Lynx/Artic Cheetah/Fire Moth--the Mist Lynx is widespread in the Clans, the Artic Cheetah would give us something that could pace most IS light mechs, while the Fire Moth could outstrip anything the IS can currently field (once it gets MASC, Um, 110% of 216 is...)
Ice Ferret--known to the IS as the Fenris, this is the major Clan medium that we have not seen.
Hellbringer and Mad Dog--both are fairly famous Clan heavy OmniMechs
Gargoyle and Executioner--wide-spread Clan assault-class OmniMechs

#5 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

I am hoping to see the Nova S, one of my go-to 'Mechs on tabletop. Nothing says hello like a warm fuzzy 6 MPL 4 MG alpha to the back.

#6 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostKael 17, on 02 May 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

Some variants I would like to see. I have, for sake of argument, ignored the Prime, A, and B variants when compiling this list. Reference book each appears in appended.

Kit Fox C, everything you want to protect yourself against spheroid missile-spam. Per Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade (unfortunately the Devs would need to decide what to do with A-pods before we see this one)

Nova S: Medium lasers and machine guns done the right way. Per Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade

Stormcrow I; LRMs with a nasty surprise for anyone playing 'hunt the LRM-boat'. Per Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged

Summoner D, energy weapons, targeting computers, and machine guns, what is not to love? Per TRO:3050 Upgrade
Summoner G: Because six streak SRM launchers give spheroids a bad day, per TRO: 3050 Upgrade (unfortunately has a heavy small laser and those are not supposed to be in production until 3059, but we can hope)

Timber Wolf D: Even more fearsome if the streaks all face forward. Per TRO: 3050 Upgrade
Timber Wolf S: Because everything is better with jump jets. Per TRO: 3050 Upgrade

Warhawk C: Energy weapons, targeting computer, and a flamer for adding insult to injury. Per TRO: 3050 Upgrade

Dire Wolf S: Jump jets? on a Dire Wolf? O_o Per TRO: 3050 Upgrade
Dire Wolf W: For the Wolf Dragoons (have to throw the dogs a bone) Per TRO: 3050 Upgrade

There are, of course others. I have been hankering for an underwater map (just to screw with everyone's weapon load-outs of course) and the Dire Wolf U has six SRT-6 launchers. And the Nova U for that deep-space boarding action map that we will not be getting anytime soon (sigh).

What we could (we hope) see in the future
Mist Lynx/Artic Cheetah/Fire Moth--the Mist Lynx is widespread in the Clans, the Artic Cheetah would give us something that could pace most IS light mechs, while the Fire Moth could outstrip anything the IS can currently field (once it gets MASC, Um, 110% of 216 is...)
Ice Ferret--known to the IS as the Fenris, this is the major Clan medium that we have not seen.
Hellbringer and Mad Dog--both are fairly famous Clan heavy OmniMechs
Gargoyle and Executioner--wide-spread Clan assault-class OmniMechs

The Fire Moth would literally break the game servers with MASC, you do know that right? Still, it would be awesome to see players go OMGWTFBBQ as you run away at an asinine amount of speed.

#7 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

I just want to see a Firemoth blow its leg actuator out at full speed and tumble end over end from one side of the map to the other before coming to a screeching halt in a furrow dug from the now twisted and shattered armor and structure of the mech.

Not because I dislike the mech. Oh no. No.

Because of the same reason people watch Nascar and hockey.

#8 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

Gentlemen,
always try to make it simple. Since nobody provided the list, I feel voluteered/bored enough to do it myself.

List of Clan OmniMechs configurations actual for MWO*
* - I also included some configurations appeared after 3052, but technically possible at 3050 - present time in MWO.

denotations:
Spoiler

Kit Fox
Spoiler

Adder
Spoiler

Nova
Spoiler

Stormcrow
Spoiler

Summoner
Spoiler

Timber Wolf
Spoiler

Warhawk
Spoiler

Dire Wolf
Spoiler

Edited by Featherwood, 02 May 2014 - 02:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users