General

29 replies to this topic

#21 RetroActive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 25 April 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

I actually have to work, which makes money, which I don't spend on this game. Want to know why?

First off, doing the test now, basically means that if they do find a problem, they can't fix it before the patch on Tuesday. Unless they've magically gotten better at that, which I've seen no indication that they have.

Secondly, running what I consider to be a major patch on the test server during a time when a large majority of us can't even test. It's stupid and caused what looked like a ton of issues with people getting into games. Why even bother?

Wow....should change your name to 'Debbie Downer' or perhaps 'Wah Wah'.

Your post is the epitome of overreacting before you know all the facts. The test server was open until 1 a.m. EST/10 p.m. PST. Plus, it was going on during EURO prime time. The VAST majority of players had the opportunity to test.

Only occasionally did I have issues getting into a game. Toward the end, the wait times were down to around 30 seconds.

#22 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

View PostThat Guy, on 25 April 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Secondly, running what I consider to be a major patch on the test server during a time when a large majority of us can't even test. It's stupid and caused what looked like a ton of issues with people getting into games. Why even bother?

It's so they can say they tested it and didn't get a significant number of complaints... IOW its o they can say "Yeah we did that."

#23 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostRetroActive, on 25 April 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

Wow....should change your name to 'Debbie Downer' or perhaps 'Wah Wah'.

Your post is the epitome of overreacting before you know all the facts. The test server was open until 1 a.m. EST/10 p.m. PST. Plus, it was going on during EURO prime time. The VAST majority of players had the opportunity to test.

Only occasionally did I have issues getting into a game. Toward the end, the wait times were down to around 30 seconds.

There are a whole lot of people posting a very different experience from yours. And they extended it after the fact, at which point meant I had no intention of changing my plans to download the test server to test. Especially when I know nothing is going to be done based off of the test.

Let me ask you this...there was a major, MAJOR bug found. More than one premade was dropping on a side.

Do you expect them to be able to fix that in time for the patch on Tuesday?

Edited by Nicholas Carlyle, 25 April 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#24 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

I expect them not to give a "explicit content".

#25 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostGraugger, on 25 April 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

I expect them not to give a "explicit content".

Why would you want them to cuss and use foul language? :P

#26 Cannydog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

I did my "time" on the test server. And while there I heard a rumor about SRMs "working". So I tried a build with some. They were just as unreliable as on the live servers.

Now I didn't consider that to be a "bug" per se. It is SNAFU but apparently that's how the Devs want it to be. But I did mention it in my feedback.

It was also my impression that "Tonnage Matching" was SNAFU. The matches I was in still came down to some "relative player skill" and lots of luck. They were all "pug stomps" in the true sense of the phrase. Its just that you had to wait a lot longer to get into a match.

They tried the same idea, as "Tonnage Matching", before of course. It was a bust then. And its my opinion that it will fail again. But I guess it weeds out the really casual players. You know... the ones with really high paying jobs that can afford to spend lots of money on MC and stupid crap like "gold mechs". So eventually PGI will be forced to change the system yet again. Big Surprise huh?

#27 RetroActive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 25 April 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

There are a whole lot of people posting a very different experience from yours. And they extended it after the fact, at which point meant I had no intention of changing my plans to download the test server to test. Especially when I know nothing is going to be done based off of the test.

Let me ask you this...there was a major, MAJOR bug found. More than one premade was dropping on a side.

Do you expect them to be able to fix that in time for the patch on Tuesday?

Notice I didn't comment on the timing of the Test. I agree that it should've been at least a week in advance of the patch. As I don't have any programming experience, I can't attest to how long the "two premades on one team" bug will take to fix.

So you're saying you knew about the extension AND you chose not to take advantage of it? It is your fault alone that you didn't get to test.

Early on, the wait times were excessive. Later on, I'm guessing after word got out and North American people got home from work, the wait seemed to be the same as it is on the live servers. I bet the people who had bad experiences were on early and gave up.

#28 Jack Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSwimming in the lava pools of the Pug Zapper of Mordor, Planet Terra Derpa

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, I ran a few matches. Six, I think? Wait times for mediums were pretty awful for me, I only got one in. Lights and assualts were much faster, but still several minutes. Offered what little feedback I could, didn't see any bugs.

#29 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

I played a few matches on the Test Server and posted in the Feedback section. I didn't really notice any Bugs. So, I didn't post anything there.

Only things I noticed worth mentiong are: Cancel Button for serching for Matches and wait times of up to 6 minutes for a Heavy Mech (Less for an Assault Mech. Didn't have time to try Medium and Light).

#30 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostRetroActive, on 25 April 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

Notice I didn't comment on the timing of the Test. I agree that it should've been at least a week in advance of the patch. As I don't have any programming experience, I can't attest to how long the "two premades on one team" bug will take to fix.

So you're saying you knew about the extension AND you chose not to take advantage of it? It is your fault alone that you didn't get to test.

Early on, the wait times were excessive. Later on, I'm guessing after word got out and North American people got home from work, the wait seemed to be the same as it is on the live servers. I bet the people who had bad experiences were on early and gave up.

Two things:

1) It helped cancelling the drop/launch and switching mechs to "improve drop times". However, I heard there was a drop bug where the person hosting the launch (in a premade) would be "locked out" while his teammates dropped into a match.

2) I heard VERY LATE (8PM-ish EST) that they were extending the PTS... which gave me the opportunity to test the private matches feature.

The worst part of the test was actually towards the BEGINNING. The PTS server wasn't "operational" until 3:10PM EST, as files had to be updated (so, everyone had to patch ontop of previous patches) and I don't know when exactly the server was up for patching prior (I suspect sometime between 1PM and 2PM where it was made available - a few hours before the original PTS launch hour), so very little went smoothly between the entire session. The original PTS time was 3PM EST for reference.

Trust me when I say... there were more bugs added from the test as a result of the Launch Module.

Edited by Deathlike, 25 April 2014 - 10:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users