Like To Join Ghost Bear "reserves"

34 replies to this topic

#1 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

I love all the Clan interactions but looking for a laid back unit of CGB to join. One where I wont be kicked out for not playing for a day or week or month. Sure kick me out if I do something BAD but not cause I am not playing every day.

If I need to I will make this Clan myself. Love playing on comms but not all the time. Want a Clan that don't cry if I want to just PUG sometimes to burn of steam of life yah know with the option to log in and play on coms in serious battles etc...

Any CGB team out there like that?

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Yep. Link in my sig. We have both competitive and casual in our unit. Very flexible. Check us out, always enjoy new cubs in the ice dens. We will help you improve your game.

Come chill.

#3 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

I will let you know we prefer our bears to be on comms if they want to join on team plugging, but if you are just solo dropping no one will QQ if you are not on comms. Hard to join a team anyways if you are not on comms.

Most of the time, you will enjoy being on teamspeak as your game improves and the drop is more enjoyable with friends.

#4 Xeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

Yeah... have no problem being on comms when playing in a premade. Just sometimes like to get home from work and drop as a pug with no commitment but there are times I like to be part of team and tactical games on coms too.

In a previous group I joined I got hate emails from leader with threats to be kicked out because I sometimes like to just PUG. PUGGIN is relaxing to me but there are times when I want to play with a cohesive unit too.

Edited by Xeven, 25 April 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#5 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

I hear you. Sometimes other unit members may make a joke of why is such and such not on comms, I clearly see them in game. But no hate mail, haha. I sometimes do the same, kids are awake and I jut have time for 1 drop and want to just get a match in. Our CGB unit is a very nice den to chill, we are fairly laid back, but our competitive team is also quite good, they have been participating in Run Hot or Die tournament.

Sent you a message via our forums.

#6 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hey Coffi,

Mind if the other Blood Spirits become your auxiliaries? There's prolly 5-6.

#7 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 25 April 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

Hey Coffi,

I think we could easily accommodate the other Blood Spirits. I am guessing Nekhron Kirov must have given us a good review, quiaff?

#8 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 25 April 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

Hey Coffi,

we could always take you on as bondsman if you were so inclined, we have ways that you could stay true to your heritage and bloodlines

#9 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 26 April 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

we could always take you on as bondsman if you were so inclined, we have ways that you could stay true to your heritage and bloodlines

In 3050-ish, Blood Spirits choose bondsref over bondsman any day of the year.

So no thankyou to becoming Bondsmen. We'd rather think of this as an extension of the Harvest Trials or just filling in on a specific battle position for you.

And it's more your reputation Coffi than anything else. Good enough for Nekkies, good enough for us.

#10 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

If you want to do it Harvest Trial style, then get your group together & send us a preemptive batchall. I would be glad to have you fight with us Grem. :)

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 26 April 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#11 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

welp, i walked right into a landmine there hahaha

#12 GZBLASTERMASTER

• PipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Was GB in MW2 Mercs ADL. I already decided to roll with the GBs close to Clan Mech drop date, I have also been designing and building a stealth mechpit in my studio office in preparation for committed practice and campaign schedules. Comms ready. Still not back on my game 100%, this pug life to match my work hustle makes me want to kick the lcd off the desk like Leonidus sometimes, but I already know it's mostly due to me not participating with a team effort. About to sign up and get in line...

I am really hoping PGI releases a Kodiak.

#13 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 26 April 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind wearing a blue and white bondcord would look pretty stylish :(.

I would commit Bondsref i were to be a bondsman for jade falcon, smoke jag or steel viper though...hate em

Edited by Grimwill, 27 April 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#14 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 26 April 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

If you want to do it Harvest Trial style, then get your group together & send us a preemptive batchall. I would be glad to have you fight with us Grem. ;)

I'll get with Ryu, Trooper, OfTheDark, and Sparkie to get them more comfortable with the game, then we'll see about doing a Star vs Star eh? 300-350 tons? Limit to one scout or we could go medium/heavy star. Or all go Jenners configured as close as we can to a IIc w/jjz.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 27 April 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#15 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

You do know how a Harvest Trial works quiaff?

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 27 April 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#16 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 27 April 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind wearing a blue and white bondcord would look pretty stylish :D.

I would commit Bondsref i were to be a bondsman for jade falcon, smoke jag or steel viper though...hate em

Doesn't Bondsref have to be granted by the victor?

I thought it was an honourable option granted to, not taken by the one who was captured.

If they don't offer it, I think you don't get a choice?

#17 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostCraig Steele, on 28 April 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

Doesn't Bondsref have to be granted by the victor?

I thought it was an honourable option granted to, not taken by the one who was captured.

If they don't offer it, I think you don't get a choice?

I thought you could ask it to the victor and he would have to grant it. It should work like Seppuku.

#18 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Neg, as far as I know it does not need to be requested. It would just be performed, sometimes the pilot may do so in the Mech Cockpit. Possibly it would be requested by someone who needed medical attention and was unconscious. Though I do not see it being denied very often.

#19 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 27 April 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

You do know how a Harvest Trial works quiaff?

of course I do, and I did state that it would be harvest trials -like. By the time of the Harvest Trials, mechwarriors from other Clans would ostensibly compete to be taken into the IS to join the invasion. By that time, CBS would likely have seen this as an acceptable alternative to losing in a regular Homeworlds battle with a competing Clan, making it Bondsref-light.

It is a matter of perspective.

from sarna:

The Harvest Trials, also known as the Harvest Wars, were a series of Trials of Possession conducted by Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon to skim warriors and other martial assets from other Clans in order to rebuild their toumans after the Refusal War.

and:

While the Home Clan Coalition Crusaders bemoaned the loss of troops to Wolves and Falcons, the ]Warden Clans viewed the trials in a positive light, allowing Clans such as the Diamond Sharks to rid themselves of conservative troublemakers.

I would see a trial as a way to let you see whether we can outfit a binary or trinary under your Totem.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 29 April 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#20 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 29 April 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Neg, as far as I know it does not need to be requested. It would just be performed, sometimes the pilot may do so in the Mech Cockpit. Possibly it would be requested by someone who needed medical attention and was unconscious. Though I do not see it being denied very often.

I am not sure, but i said it remembering what i read on Sarna (if there is more accurate info anywhere please post it!)

Bondsref[color=#000000] is ritual suicide to prevent becoming a Bondsman. The person performing Bondsref must have the permission of their Bondholder and perform said act before taking a bondcord, otherwise the performer is considered [/color]dezgra[color=#000000] and their genes will not be used in the Clan breeding program.[/color]
[color=#000000]
[/color]
[color=#000000]What does tge second statement exactly mean in your opinion? ^_^ [/color]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users