Bloodname In Gbl

6 replies to this topic

#1 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

I really liked the fact that you did not earn the rank of Khan in GBL. Galaxy Commander is good enough for me. It was not like you could send 500 to activision to become Khan hehehe.

Anyway, did anyone else ever get the bloodname without "help", because I had to re-run like 30 times to get past the New Exford mission since the Dire Wolf ALWAYS blew up the building with the genetic material.

Also, Ragnarok was a surat spawned freebirth suckling idiot

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

I did. It took me a while to even discover the extra missions were even there, as I didn't have access to online play or any game guides or anything back then. And, of course, some of the missions were very hard to pass the first time through. But, eventually I discovered them, and after many more tries, got through them all. Was an awesome feeling.

I especially hated the underwater mission. Not being able to take my own customized 'Mech drove me nuts.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 26 April 2014 - 09:19 PM.

#3 Glxy Cmdr Jason Tseng

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 26 April 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

I especially hated the underwater mission. Not being able to take my own customized 'Mech drove me nuts.

I did as well. That is how I earned the Tseng part of my name here.. got the GCom in TT ;-D

But yes, the underwater mission was TERRIBLE. I had to restart that one I don't know how many times, but once I finally cleared that damn thing it is probably one of my favorite missions looking back.

And seriously... who mounts TORPEDOES on a mech?!

#4 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

I did! I got the bloodname and it's not easy cause the last wolf mission your GB dropship decides to do a jumpship hijacking in midspace on a clan wolf orbital platform! So you have to mech jump (the jump had to perfectly executed...one slip to the left or right and your dead) to the wolves dropship and the turrets hurts your mech bad and then you have fight several wolf mechs including a Stone Rhino. If you complete all missions without dying you can then go for the bloodname and you have to be a galaxy commander or above. And yes the underwater mission is hard too cause you onlu have a small amount of time before the water pressure tears your mech apart, i have to admit i cheated a bit by exploiting a bug in which you can hide behind a wall and if you mech was still moving could shoot through walls (got to love those buggy 90's games!). But how earning the Tseng bloodname as probably one of my greatest gaming accomplishments

Edited by Grimwill, 26 April 2014 - 11:18 PM.

#5 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

I was able to get through all the missions in all three MW2 games back in 98. I hated the GBL underwater mission. It took like 10 tries to get through it! It was for me the most difficult mission.
I started playing them again lately via MechVM because I still have the CD-ROMs :)

However, in GBL you can NOT used modified mechs. If you mod them in the mechlab and then "accept" the mech you'll always get a message that reads "exceeds weight limit." :wacko:

#6 Seeker Kirov

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

At the risk of sounding like an arrogant jerk, after watching MMPD Radick play GBL with just a Fire Moth. This inspired me to do the same. I managed it after a lot of trial and error, but it's possible. You have to use the Flamer a LOT. After that, I feel like I earned my Bloodname in that game.

And yeah the underwater mission was atrocious. Then again, all underwater missions are horrible.

#7 RealityCube

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

I didn't realize those were "extra" missions. I do remember the horror of the underwater mission and the ridiculous difficulty of the final mission in space. Amazing game 12/10, would be a space fascist again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users