Pgi, If Your Developers Are Bogged Down, Why Not Include More Player Driven Content?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

This is in essence a response to Paul's response in the interview recently done by NGNG that the reason CW is taking so long is because PGI has a small design team. Here's a link to Peiper's transcript, the response from Paul that I'm referring to is at the 48:10 mark: http://mwomercs.com/...15-paul-inouye/

If PGI is so limited because of their small design team, I'm proposing what many others have suggested in the past; allow for player designed content.

Recently I've been playing a lot of Neverwinter Online. One of the best features for me about that game is The Foundry; a toolkit that allows players to create their own adventures and stories for other players to take part in and enjoy. I've honestly enjoyed a lot of the player-made foundry storylines as much as and in some cases more than the vanilla games' storyline.

The benefit of having something like this is that it allows a constant stream of fresh, creative content included in the game that isn't relying completely on what the company behind the game is doing.

Why can't we have something similar in MWO?

I understand that balance is a major factor here, but at the very least, player made maps and or missions that could be reviewed by PGI and then adjusted as necessary before approval would bring SO MUCH life to this game, far more than any cheap marketing tactics *cough* gold clan mechs *cough.*

Mechwarrior Living Legends had some downright amazing maps, and all of them were completely player made. Why can't we do the same thing with the Cryengine 3 toolkit?

Also, consider that the many DROVES of people you would have coming back to play the game because of a feature like this would also mean more money, in that more players will be in the game purchasing hero mechs and skins.

PGI, please consider allowing something like this, as it would bring new life to the game and take a great deal of the pressure off of your developers.

#2 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

If I agreed more I'd create a causality distortion in the space-time continuum. :o

#3 Kaos Amalgam

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHuntley

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

#4 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold