23 replies to this topic

#21 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

View PostDeadlyNerd, on 27 April 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

And then you both get reported, with a screenshot of you doing the kill and the other guy taunting in chat. Best 2 birds with 1 stone if I've ever seen one.

As for OP, you'll just get legged mid fight and left to die. Nobody will be held to blame and you'll still have a very unpleasant match.
Whoever TKs is pretty dumb, because there are a lot of other ways to make a player's life harder, that go around the CoC.

Enjoy your tramp stamp.

Sure... feel free. I'm expecting PGI to come down just as hard on me as the other TKers I used to report too.

#22 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

I really really hope - that PGI is looking for their "Gold" Customers - seriously i would add a "overwatch" procedure that - will send a Alarm- Email every time - a Gold Mech got TKed.
They should answer the "Gold" Customer - on their own - that they will sanctioned the TKler (with name) - if the situation is clear.
And PGI should handle TKlers in this time without impunity.

TKs may happen as an accident - (I have only 4TKs since i started playing - and i only recognized one (trampling over a Jenner) one was Friendly Fire because of bad angle for incomming LRMs, and the last an Ember - i didn't even recognized - it in the thick of a fight)
But I'm sure that not accidental TKs could be seen in the server data.

(Althouhg I admit that on Canyon Network - i have much more Blue on Blue - thanks to the blue sky and the blue triangle about an friendly Mech (can't see a difference)

#23 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostNauht, on 27 April 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

If I see a guy intentionally TK someone I let the victim know who did it. Up to the other guy to decide what to do to the TKer.
If the victim decides to return the favour then fair enough. If it turns into a firefight, which it does more often than not, then I'll help out the victim in blowing up the pos TKer.

Now that sounds like Wasteland Justice.
And what are the rules regarding TK-ing a TK-er?
For example, one drop about 3 months when I was new a guy in a Trial Dragon on my team starting shooting me in the back so after typing a quick hectic, "WTF u doin???" I didn't get any reply other than more shots to my torso so I returned fire and killed the guy.
Was that the right course of action or was I supposed to let him kill me or...?

View PostSephlock, on 27 April 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

I'd worry more about lag (Japan?! Why are you playing laggy MechWarrior when you could be playing near-lagless Gundam Online?) if I were you. I'm betting most of these guys are all talk.

TBH I've got no interest in Gundam.... because the only big mecha I like are the ones in BattleTech :D

View PostFirelizard, on 27 April 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Likely for the same reason I dont play Titanfall or Hawken. Different pacing from MWO.

+1 to this!

View PostHillslam, on 27 April 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

Meh,
I'm already driving my $499 Baron of Boullion Gold Edition Founder's Atlas and nobody is shooting me.

Posted Image

In fact they all drop to their knees in awe.

...for only the most dedicated....

That is one Coool Atlas. Thanks for sharing a pic of that beauty :P
Let me guess... this mech's name is Bad Muth*^f^(kƏŕ?

View PostDavers, on 27 April 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

Ever notice when people get mad about something they create bogus accounts to TK instead of saying 'I will kill the other team's X'?

Speaking of that I noticed that the guy who was trying to TK me had a name that was obviously bogus: the name itself was actually an insult to anyone who read it.
Hard to believe that the account creation software can't filter out obviously racist words ^_^

View PostRiptor, on 27 April 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

But OP heres why people want to Kos goldmechs:

People want to TK gold mechs because those who bought these overpriced virtual toys, because its those people that give PGI/IGP the impressions that they where right to half ass it for 2 years now (or rather aproaching 2 years). You are rewarding them for delivering a more then subpar experience and constantly breaking their own promises and deadlines. Bravo.. talk about trying to get them to concentrate on actual content instead of monetizing the shit out of their little deathmatch simulator.

That driving this IP into the ground so hard it makes the baringer crater look like a sinkhole was the right decision to do and that focusing on monetization over actuall content is the way to go and that aslong as they have their couple hundred "whales" they can ignore the majority of the people getting bored to tears by the game.

You know.. the same stuff that happened to age of wonders online... but theres a point where the whales will move on to the next big thing they can waste more money into then i make in a month for shits n giggles and then theres no one left that wants to pay for your group hating deathmatch simulator.

Will I do it? Maybe.. depends if goldylocks behaves like an idiot. Also from the screenshots of the madcat the thing has more of a yellow paint scheme then actually being made out of gold and doesnt look any more golden then the atlas shown in this very thread.

So i guess your 500 bucks where spend on catgold im afraid.... what a rip off in the end.. but hey.. what do you expect from PGI? Actuall metallic color? Heavens sake that would take more effort then they are willing to do for a 500 dollar " limited collectors item" (limited as in because pgi says so and theres nothing in reality that keeps them from pushing the limit then their own word that they wont do it)

God's honest truth: I love MechWarrior as a franchise so much I'm willing to spend on it, even though some of the deadline's haven't been met.
I try to drop an hour a day (PUGs only) and every time I do I have a blast :rolleyes:
All the "up and coming" additions are just something to look forward to for me, and I still have faith that the game will just improve more.
So you see, the whole Gold Khan thing to me is just a fundraiser -- a fundraiser for keeping alive the BattleTech sci-fi/wargaming franchise that I've loved since 1998. So I completely support it.

View PostMystere, on 27 April 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

That's 2 trinaries of golden goodness and an entire galaxy of Clan Omnimechs!!! :P :D :mellow:

To see two WHOLE Trinaries of Clan piloted Omnimechs racing across the battlefield:
OMG what a sight that would be!! :lol:

#24 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

Closed!

Please read up the rules for MWO once more and make sure you understand them, if you believe TK Gold mechs is fine.

Goldmech owners, please read them if you want to know what you can do if it happens to you.

Edited by Egomane, 28 April 2014 - 12:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users