Random Observations As A New Player

25 replies to this topic

#21 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

Again, thanks for the feedback and taking the time to vocalize it, I find it interesting and hope PGI takes stuff like this into account for development. I imagine you'll get lots of feedback in this thread as well from experienced players.

Happy hunting!

#22 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

use XL300 that is used on a lot of builds and will fit dragon very well (all hits are in CT anyway).you can use it on almost every medium and heavy and some lights and even on some lrm boat assault so it's great money spent.

Then I'd run something like this :

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...95bc6d310d14aa2

Stay in the PPC range (500-300meters ideal) and backup with the UAC5(spam it only in close range situation, in not rather fire all the 25 damage in their center/side torso and don't jam), stay in the second to third line, but always have someone behind you (check map), you have very low back armor to survive longer up in front and you are quite fast (medium like) so have someone to protect your back !

that should work even on hotter maps thanks to a lot of heatsinks.

And since you said you aim sux, 2 PPC will force you to train aim :P

If you find you die too early to use all ammos, take out one ton, and mount a tag, so you will get exp and money for assist and tags and help your lrm boat (and this helps you indirectly, cos if they shake shake shake they can't hit you as good as they can normally)

Edited by fx8320, 30 April 2014 - 01:42 AM.

#23 Running Scared

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:39 AM

Thanks for the input. I've been mulling over two PPC's, but can't squeeze one in without dropping a heat sink in my current loadout. Granted I have 4 double heat sinks, (two in each side torso) which is probably overkill, but i'm a bit trigger happy, so I probably need them. :P

On a side note with the Mechlab UI, i just remembered two other things that I disliked:

1. When outfitting parts I already own, i have to scan over this large page of items looking for the ones that say "quantity 1". It would be much easier if i could filter out the parts i don't own, and only look at the parts I do own.

2. Mech lab has a few bugs in it. I noticed when swapping out parts, sometimes parts I know i removed, stayed in the mech for some odd reason, only to have the games checksum scream at me later. Also, sometimes its putting ammo in places I didn't put them. For example, I may not have played a MW title in a long time, but somewhere in the foggy recesses of this empty gray matter between my ears, i vaugley remembered something about ammo explosions. I verified that information and started moving all my ammo to my mechs legs like intuition was originally telling me to. Later on, i start dying from ammo explosions, only to discover the mechlab left some ammo in the right torso that I know i didn't place there. Has only happened once, but it's happened. *shrug*

#24 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

In the loadout 2 DHS are in the engine slots ^_^

what is your current loadout?

#25 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:11 AM

If you like that chassis, look to complete 3 different ones. The difference when you elite them are big. Look up the link at my sig, the details and explanation are there.

#26 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostRunning Scared, on 30 April 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Thanks for the input. I've been mulling over two PPC's, but can't squeeze one in without dropping a heat sink in my current loadout. Granted I have 4 double heat sinks, (two in each side torso) which is probably overkill, but i'm a bit trigger happy, so I probably need them. :D

On a side note with the Mechlab UI, i just remembered two other things that I disliked:

1. When outfitting parts I already own, i have to scan over this large page of items looking for the ones that say "quantity 1". It would be much easier if i could filter out the parts i don't own, and only look at the parts I do own.

2. Mech lab has a few bugs in it. I noticed when swapping out parts, sometimes parts I know i removed, stayed in the mech for some odd reason, only to have the games checksum scream at me later. Also, sometimes its putting ammo in places I didn't put them. For example, I may not have played a MW title in a long time, but somewhere in the foggy recesses of this empty gray matter between my ears, i vaugley remembered something about ammo explosions. I verified that information and started moving all my ammo to my mechs legs like intuition was originally telling me to. Later on, i start dying from ammo explosions, only to discover the mechlab left some ammo in the right torso that I know i didn't place there. Has only happened once, but it's happened. *shrug*

I've gotten those bugs too.

Yeah, UI 2.0 is relatively new (February) and it's worse in some regards to the old one, most notably, in building mechs. It is more uniform and consistent overall, and the great thing about it is, they say it is considerably much easier to change. The old one was a fixed windowed screen, lacked organization, and the buttons were basically hardcoded to program code so any change to the game required a change to the UI logic. The mech details screen is supposed to become interactive in the future. Probably, what will happen is when you click on a section on that page, it goes into edit that section. then you can go back to the overview. For anyone who has played old mechwarrior games, the details screen is what we want to see and work with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users