Matchmaker Hangs And Wait Times

289 replies to this topic

#281 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

you all realize that 4x3 is not on currently, right? You are talking like the MM is holding you back

#282 Voodoomancer

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

Without 3/3/3/3 it is just a freaking LRMpocalypse. Ragequitting for the night, probably the weekend, maybe a full week. No more premium time for me. Fix the freaking matchmaker!

#283 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostVoodoomancer, on 02 May 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

Without 3/3/3/3 it is just a freaking LRMpocalypse. Ragequitting for the night, probably the weekend, maybe a full week. No more premium time for me. Fix the freaking matchmaker!

It'll still be one with 3/3/3/3, just that we'll laugh harder because everyone who likes LRMs will probably start spilling over into the heavy/mediums to get faster games.

#284 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:38 PM

View Postwanderer, on 02 May 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

It'll still be one with 3/3/3/3, just that we'll laugh harder because everyone who likes LRMs will probably start spilling over into the heavy/mediums to get faster games.

Ya know I keep trying to decide I have a heavy mastered, currently working on mastering my assault , whether to go medium next if lrms are viable on a medium trade off rawt power for better positioning speed , meh , On topic 3/3/3/3 the sooner it gets here the better.

#285 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Meh, Have fun now. Will probably have fun later with 3/3/3/3. But all of y'all will still be whining about can't play this, can't play that later like you are now. I have good chassis in all the weight classes. And can rack up good kills in any of them. No matter what is on the other side. So blah....

#286 Mark I3

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

massive ping signitures....... 'searching' for 5-8 mins

seriously, get it sorted... the match loadup times have been getting longer and longer and i dont just mean in the recent few weeks.... i mean months and months.

its starting to get a little old.

#287 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostMaxxeh, on 04 May 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

massive ping signitures....... 'searching' for 5-8 mins

seriously, get it sorted... the match loadup times have been getting longer and longer and i dont just mean in the recent few weeks.... i mean months and months.

its starting to get a little old.

Higher ELO + many better players moving into private matches = publics are the realm of the steering wheel underhive horde.

#288 Mark I3

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostBlack Ninja, on 29 April 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

HOTFIX?!

barely lukewarm...

matchloads have been getting longer and longer for a while now

#289 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostMaxxeh, on 05 May 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

barely lukewarm...

matchloads have been getting longer and longer for a while now

Can't hotfix low population, low player retention or boredom.

#290 Finster

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 01 May 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

This is speculation, the reason we disabled 3/3/3/3 on Public Test temporarily was actually to confirm that we could actually disable 3/3/3/3 if we needed to for any reason.

The MM never hung during the public test, the issue only presented itself for larger queue sizes.

I participated in the public test and there were MASSIVE delays for popular weight classes (like assault) as well as lots of other problems reported on forums and in the chat rooms for various twitch streamers. There was also a PGI dev in the chat room for one of the streamers who reported on and gave updates on the status of 3/3/3/3 (up-down-sideways-etc.)

Now, there might have been OTHER issues besides 3/3/3/3 itself, but are you really claiming that 3/3/3/3 was shut off "for funsies" just when people reported massive issues with matchmaking?

That's very difficult to swallow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users