Suggestion: Private Match Tickets

9 replies to this topic

Poll: Private Match Tickets (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Private Match Tickets are a good alternative to premium time for private matches?

1. Yes (5 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. No (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Other suggestion (please explain below) (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

I just recently had a bright idea, or a really stupid one, which it really is I would like to open for discussion here.

There are some functions on the premium private matches that make it really attractive, but PGI is requiring that we have 2 people with active premium time to make use of these options.

I rarely if ever make use of premium time. I have tons of C-Bills and have Mastered all of the mechs I care to own, so why buy/use premium time?

It would be better IMO if there were something like “private match tickets” that you could buy and use to start a "premium" private match instead of premium time. You only get your “money’s worth” out of premium time when you play longer/regularly and premium time earns you +30% of zero in premium private matches, which is a waste in every sense.

PGI could retroactively award Founders / Phoenix pack / Clan pack holders with a number of private match tickets based on the $$ value of what they bought already as a THANK YOU for prior support while still keeping the "cash register open" for further ticket purchases. Have only 1 person need to have a ticket per match to run a premium private match OR 1 person with Premium time active. Make the option of buying private match tickets available as well instead of just premium time.

Those of us who have spent $$ get to use private matches for a while "for free", but PGI still gets the revenue potential of selling premium private match tickets separately.

What do you guys think about that?

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:06 AM

They already said that they plan to transition to somkething other than premium time, although exactly when and how much is not determined.

A ticket system is a great idea, I agree with all the points you've outlined. I don't know how much I would pay for a ticket, but I don't know how much it actually costs for them to rent x number of servers for x number of average matches.

#3 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:07 AM

I voted for all three.. because I could.

(Yes because it allows non-prem to control private matches)
(No because it's more monetization- and we all hate that, duh.)
(Don't care because yes and no)

#4 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 30 April 2014 - 04:06 AM, said:

They already said that they plan to transition to somkething other than premium time, although exactly when and how much is not determined. A ticket system is a great idea, I agree with all the points you've outlined. I don't know how much I would pay for a ticket, but I don't know how much it actually costs for them to rent x number of servers for x number of average matches.

Well, I can't answer the when, but maybe my post is the answer to what. ^_^

Yes, that is a good question, how much it costs to run this show. I saw some figures that PGI earned an average revenue of 3mil/year. For 40 guys and a place to work, some servers, and a bunch of software licenses, that is not much.

Hopefully the pricing will be fair for all involved, the players AND the developers.

#5 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

This is a great idea, but I'd like 2 conditions put on it:

1. We can buy tickets in bulk. More MC spent on tickets means more tickets per package.

2. We are allowed to give our tickets while setting up a lobby so that our friends aren't also forced to buy tickets. Tickets will still get used up at the same rate.

#6 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

View PostTechorse, on 30 April 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

This is a great idea, but I'd like 2 conditions put on it:

1. We can buy tickets in bulk. More MC spent on tickets means more tickets per package.

2. We are allowed to give our tickets while setting up a lobby so that our friends aren't also forced to buy tickets. Tickets will still get used up at the same rate.

#1 was assumed on my part, but no harm in spelling it out.
#2 is a great idea, thanks for that!!!

I was also wondering if PGI would allow us to "ante up" with such tickets. I duel a buddy and we both "bet" 3 tickets, winner takes all. Would be interesting.

#7 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

The current arangement is fine with me, (if you will usualy be dropping with the same 6 per team a full year would cost about $30 each for premium time)

Something along the suggested lines would be a good idea, prehaps charging 30mc per match or 100MC per hour for unlimited matches (41 matches/12 hours premium lobby time for $6.95 of MC, sounds expensive but remember this is for up-to 24 people) if teams do not have premium time.

#8 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

Currently, you only need 2 people with premium to get the full lobby options..

#9 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 30 April 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

Currently, you only need 2 people with premium to get the full lobby options..

Yeah, but when you read the forums it seems to be too much for most people. I am not sure if the are just arguing out of principle or if it is a real issue. I guess for somebody like me that has no real use for premium time (e.g. has enough C-Bills, mastered all mechs he cares to have, etc.) needing PT seems like a bit of a "waste".

For now it's the only thing they have to offset whatever cost/value imbalance tons of 1v1 or whatever matches would create.

#10 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostMagnakanus, on 30 April 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

Yeah, but when you read the forums it seems to be too much for most people. I am not sure if the are just arguing out of principle or if it is a real issue. I guess for somebody like me that has no real use for premium time (e.g. has enough C-Bills, mastered all mechs he cares to have, etc.) needing PT seems like a bit of a "waste".

For now it's the only thing they have to offset whatever cost/value imbalance tons of 1v1 or whatever matches would create.

Yeah, I don't have PT either. (Haven't had it in almost a year...but if SRMs/ACs get fixed, I might get it again.) But the people I play in private matches with tend to have a few PT'ers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users