Cw Suggestion & Mech Restrictions Per Faction

No replies to this topic

#1 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

For a while now I was thinking how PGI will be able to clear up the mess, that we are already collecting all kind of Mechs before CW came out.
And the Clan Mechs will make it even worse. If I remember correctly, wasn’t it planned that depending on the faction we are will have access to different Mechs (or easier access at least).
But when it comes to Clans and Inner Sphere Mechs, there definitely should be a divider. But a lot of us will soon end up having both IS and Clan Mechs.

So I was thinking. I currently also enjoy playing War Thunder. And not sure if any of you guys have played it, but they do have a nice way of dividing the nations (it’s a WW2 multiplayer game for people not knowing it and currently mainly featuring planes, but ground forces are in beta).

In there we can choose to play each nation at any time we want and we level them separately. Each nations gives us access to certain planes (some planes are shared).
The way I see it, this could work for MWO as well. All our Mechs get divided in 6 IS States and 4 Clan Factions and assigned to the States/Clans that would use them historically. Then we could also get States &Clan specific liveries.

Now, this doesn’t mean that certain Mechs are exclusive to certain States/Factions.
So if you for example want to play a Timber Wolf as a Jade Falcon with Jade Falcon livery, you can, but you need to pay a little more extra C-Bills to get that Timber Wolf that if you would buy it for your Wolf Faction.
You should not be able to have Clan Mechs within any of your IS States and vice versa.

Hope this makes all sense. I’m sure people who play War Thunder are getting where I’m going, but I’m happy to explain if anyone has any questions.

Advantage would be, that we don’t end up having mixed Mechs (IS and Clan) while serving Steiner for example.
Faction battles will be a bit closer to the lore.

Disadvantage would be, that due to the fact that we have access to all factions at the same time, you really don’t feel attached to any faction maybe? Wouldn’t be an issue for me.
I mean you could play exclusively Kurita for example to negate that, still.
Also, how would someone solve the whole Mercenaries thing? No game inside the BattleTech universe can’t be without Mercenaries for sure.

Anyway, just a thought I had and a bit of spare time to write this down.

Feel free to any criticism just stay constructive like Elwood suggested to Jake:

Elwood: We'll be all right if we can just get back on the expressway.
Jake: This don't look like no expressway to me!
Elwood: Don't yell at me.
Jake: Well whadda you want me to do, Motorhead?
Elwood: Try not to be so negative all the time. Why don't you offer a little... constructive criticism?
Jake: You got us into to this parking lot, pal. Now you get us out!
Elwood: You want outta this parking lot?... O.K.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users