- - - - -

Less Green More Mean.

15 replies to this topic

#1 Mainerd

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationon a reclining chair so don't ask me to type

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Do you need to get your first five wins or just five wins in a trial mech?

If you purchase a trial mech can you use that mech to achieve this or does it need to be a un-owned trial mech?

Thanks.

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

Just five wins in trials in total. If you buy it it's no longer a trial Mech.

Edited by Appogee, 01 May 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#3 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostAppogee, on 01 May 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Just five wins in total.

You sure about this? I've had way more than 5 wins since Achievements were released and still have not obtained this one. Pretty sure it has to be 5 wins in trials.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

What's the "deal" today for 5 wins?

"There are no current challenges. Check back soon." is under my challenges.
So...what are you trying to get for 5 wins?

Edited by Koniving, 01 May 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#5 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostKoniving, on 01 May 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

What's the "deal" today for 5 wins?

"There are no current challenges. Check back soon." is under my challenges.
So...what are you trying to get for 5 wins?

It's an ingame achievement for getting 5 wins in trial 'Mechs. I haven't bothered to get it myself yet since the introduction of achievements but I see no problem getting it later.

Just play trial 'Mechs till you get the Achievement notification. If you want to run 25 games for the complete cadet bonus first prior to investing into any 'Mechs, you'll get that one anyways.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 01 May 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

Oh that thing. Got it pretty early as I do the "5 win" challenges with trial mechs for fun.
Posted Image

But honestly as far as these achievements go, I've got...
Posted Image
(Add the achievement name to my sentence for an awesome joke; but if you had to read this to get it, well, heh.)

Edited by Koniving, 01 May 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#7 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 01 May 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Pretty sure it has to be 5 wins in trials.

Yes. In Trials. He was asking about Trials.

#8 Mainerd

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationon a reclining chair so don't ask me to type

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

Thanks guys. I asked because it does say "Get your first five victories in trial mechs.". I thought that if you had a victory in any other mech you might not get it.
Should maybe read "Get 5 wins in trial mechs.".

Thanks again for the fast replies.

Edited by Mainerd, 01 May 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#9 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostMainerd, on 01 May 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Thanks guys. I asked because it does say "Get your first five victories in trial mechs.". I thought that if you had a victory in any other mech you might not get it.

Aye, I can see how that'd be confusing.

#10 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostMainerd, on 01 May 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

AH, I see where you're confused. You know I didn't even think about it like that, but you're right, the grammar leaves something to be desired.

#11 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 02 May 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

AH, I see where you're confused. You know I didn't even think about it like that, but you're right, the grammar leaves something to be desired.

On the other hand - "perfect" grammar and word usage gives us lawyer speak.
I kinda doubt we want that ;)

#12 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

View Postsneeking, on 02 May 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

I finally cracked out philanthropist today on river city night ( gotten so close so many times ) one time I accidentally killed one and got 11 assists.

I was not happy !

Did you get "Seriously?" yet? You need to get top damage without getting any kills. The match I got it in, my team lost, we didn't even kill anyone. The achievement perfectly describes how I felt at the time.

#13 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:54 AM

I actually got 'Less Green More Mean' yesterday myself. When grinding mechs for XP I just like to get the x2 bonus each day. So right now I'm grinding 3 Locusts, and those free TDR-9S and Champion Centurion.

So I swap mechs after a win, but also after a loss because I want some variety when playing. With only 1 XL190 that means the Locusts are usually the last to finish getting their x2's and when the TDR and CND are done I swapped over to the Trials. I must say I manage to do quite well in that Trial Victor. multiple kills, 400+ damage, maybe he's trying to tell me something.....

No, no, no!!! I'm still C-bill grinding for a second Atlas and will probably grind CND's or TDR's while saving for the 3rd one, only then will I start looking at other mechs. Unless, you know, something really cool is released.

#14 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

I'm not swimming in GXP unfortunately. I don't really take the DDC out that often (mostly when grouped with friends and we feel like stomping) so I don't feel a big urge to Master it really, I think it plays fine with just Basics unlocked. Then again I just can't stand one of my 'keeper' mechs not being Mastered. :)

I'm actually saving for the AS7-K because I want another 300XL and it's cheaper than buying a D or RS + an XL300 (and I've got a Standard 300 lying around to put in that K). So that's 13,7M I'm needing. About 1M left to go...

#15 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 07 May 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

I'm actually saving for the AS7-K because I want another 300XL and it's cheaper than buying a D or RS + an XL300 (and I've got a Standard 300 lying around to put in that K). So that's 13,7M I'm needing. About 1M left to go...

I am looking at doing that for mastering the Stalkers, Awesome, and Orions.....

It is a lot of Cbills :o
(even if less than the sum of the parts)

#16 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

The Orion trial mech is pretty solid for anyone interested in getting the achievement done. Easy to play and good for new players learning to manage different weapon groups. No ridiculous heat issues, or hard to manage weapons, etc. I played 2 games to finish my achievement. Between those two games, 1k damage and 4 kills. Not too shabby.

Couple tips:
-The streak missiles require a lock to fire and have a short max range of 270m. To get a lock, you have to target the enemy (default key r) and maintain line of sight. Be aware that you can achieve a lock on enemies that are seen and targeted by your allies, and many times this may be out of your range or obstructed.

-The AC/10 attached to your right hip and the lasers in your arms are fairly low slung. This may cause your shot to be blocked if have hilly terrain in front of you.

-The engine is a standard engine, meaning that you can lose your side torsos and still live. You can attempt to mitigate damage by torso twisting if you know you are about to receive heavy fire. I recommend twist right to preserve your AC10. Some players feel the Orion's center torso is very hittable, though YMMV.

It's a little slow for me but I will probably go back to it for a few more runs.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users