Good Hbk-4P (C) Build

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a19bc0cb144bd03

6 lasers are concentrated on a single piece of armor, to reduce a mech to scrap in a short time. Your goal is to attack the enemy when they least expect it, preferably from behind or behind a teammate. You hunch is the most vital part of the mech, but the flamethrower attached to the head can still change the tide of the battle by simply using the terrain layout and forcing enemies to shoot their teammates. Turning the upper half of your mech the moment after you fire can reduce damage to the hunch considerably. (Your hunch is your right torso, where your lasers are located.) This mech works especially well with certain skill upgrades. You have the option of switching back to the trial mech if the one you bought is decimated, allowing you to gain exp quicker than normal. I have dealt a maximum of 600 damage with this mech, with 3 kills and I am usually the last surviving mech (Aside from those straggler light mechs). Remember to upgrade the medium laser range as this has helped with enemies with long range weaponry. Chase down weak mechs and aim for the weakest vital parts for the best results. Lrms? An upgraded hbk-P is just quick enough to deal a blow and still escape missile bombardment.

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

ferro over endo? Fail.

#3 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

if you say so bro.

Adding Endo takes up more slots, try adding it and see what happens. Endosteel = more weight.

Edited by TechWalrus, 04 May 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#4 crossflip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSouth India

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

Your understanding of this game is twisted to extremes. The question is whether you're just bad or if you're good enough to sound bad. Some would call it sarcasm, but on the internet trolling is the more acceptable term.

#5 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

Learn to read. I said OR not AND.

I'm only a founder who has been playing since beta. I guess I don't know anything.

#6 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

Endo and ferro both take up 14 slots.
Endo provides 2x the weight saved compared to ferro ( this is IF you have maxed your armour, lower armour makes ferro even worse)

#7 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Here is the same build with endosteel. If you removed some armor from your legs, you could slap on 2 more medium lasers or flamers if you wanted to.

#8 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

Really? I was convinced that ferrosteel weighed less. Thanks for the advice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users