• Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 08 May 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

it looks so beautiful..
sound ,brawling and pew pew lasezorz

it did have its bugs though but that video looks better then what we have now

What made me set on dropping the money into a good computer was when I saw video footage with the Atlai an those glowing eyes. Was so blown away. Watched a couple videos now and am totally surprised PGI moved away from that. They were really onto something back then, what happen?

#162 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

View PostKyle Wright, on 08 May 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

What made me set on dropping the money into a good computer was when I saw video footage with the Atlai an those glowing eyes. Was so blown away. Watched a couple videos now and am totally surprised PGI moved away from that. They were really onto something back then, what happen?

they lowered their standards of grapihcal and sound bells n whistles to make the game faster/cheaper?

but i don't understand why they REMOVED those settings which could have been completely optional

#163 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 08 May 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

they lowered their standards of grapihcal and sound bells n whistles to make the game faster/cheaper?

but i don't understand why they REMOVED those settings which could have been completely optional

It almost seems as if they lost their passion and creativity. Just watching those videos the game looked just so much more. Hell almost had me playing mwo for 3rd time today though I'd be sadden that the game now isn't the same from when the founders guys started.

#164 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:08 AM

With 3/3/3/3 the Awesome is dead, like many other Mechs.

#165 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 09 May 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

With 3/3/3/3 the Awesome is dead, like many other Mechs.

Hadn't actually considered that but you're probably right. At least it'll live on in Stock matches.

#166 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:01 AM

I mastered the Awesome, back in the day, hoping that the Pretty Baby would be a good mech. I have sold em all off. The Awesome is horribad. PGI probably thinks it is the best mech ever.

#167 Monkeystador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostDavers, on 07 May 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

It was pointed out that a change like this would make Awesomes almost immune to LRMs and have unparalleled survivability that the Centurion would drool over.

WTF! They changed the ARM hitboxes of the AWESOME, it says that in an older patch not.
THEY CHANGED THE CENTS hitboxes too. Sidetorsos are smaller now. More damage to CT

So much blah foo here. Here is the text from the patch notes:

Awesome:
  • Head hitbox reduced by 35%.
  • More of the shoulder regions now apply damage to L/R Side Torsos rather than Center Torso.
  • Pelvis split to apply damage to Left and Right Leg instead of Center Torso.
  • Center Torso has been reduced by approximately 15-20%

• Centurion

• There were 2 sections on the side of the Centurion's head that were applying damage to the Left and Right Arm. These have been corrected and now apply damage to Center Torso.
    • The Front Center Torso of the Centurion was very narrow. The upper section of the Front Center Torso (hips and above), has been widened by approximately 10%.
    • Pelvis has been adjusted so that a much smaller section of it applies damage to Center Torso with the rest of it going to Left and Right Leg.

Edited by Monkeystador, 09 May 2014 - 05:22 AM.

#168 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

Anyone dumb/brave enough to pilot one of the Awesome deserve a reward.

A CT blowout, not exactly what you expected...

#169 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

View PostKyle Wright, on 08 May 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

It gave away your position at long range. it was also a great big shoot me to a little to the right marker. That's my opinion.

#170 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

View PostMonkeystador, on 09 May 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

WTF! They changed the ARM hitboxes of the AWESOME, it says that in an older patch not.
THEY CHANGED THE CENTS hitboxes too. Sidetorsos are smaller now. More damage to CT

So much blah foo here. Here is the text from the patch notes:

Awesome:
  • Head hitbox reduced by 35%.
  • More of the shoulder regions now apply damage to L/R Side Torsos rather than Center Torso.
  • Pelvis split to apply damage to Left and Right Leg instead of Center Torso.
  • Center Torso has been reduced by approximately 15-20%

• Centurion

• There were 2 sections on the side of the Centurion's head that were applying damage to the Left and Right Arm. These have been corrected and now apply damage to Center Torso.
    • The Front Center Torso of the Centurion was very narrow. The upper section of the Front Center Torso (hips and above), has been widened by approximately 10%.
    • Pelvis has been adjusted so that a much smaller section of it applies damage to Center Torso with the rest of it going to Left and Right Leg.

What does this have to do with the proposed changes I was referring to?

#171 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

Both the Awesome and the Catapult need some Buffing from PGI, both will be ignored.

Our Catapult A1 Missile pod thread is over 30 pages, it could hit 100, and PGI will never even notice or care it exists.

I hate to say it, but the Awesome has been, is, and always will be in a bad place. Hopefully I am wrong, but probably not.

#172 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

View PostTimePeriod, on 09 May 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

A CT blowout, not exactly what you expected...

I was hoping for an awesome BJ... or was it an Awesome getting blown out by a BJ...

#173 Tarzilman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Didn't read everything, but what I think the awesome also needs (at least some variants) is a higher engine cap. If you decide to take weaker energy weapons with you instead of PPCs because of ghost heat, there's so much tonnage left you could use for a bigher engine.
I personally like the awesome and am still driving it sometimes with pretty solid results. Allthough you can't play it very well in short distance and that's sad for an assault mech.
Devs should have another look at the hitboxes or at least give it a heat specific quirk, like less heat for grouping energy weapons since these are the main weapons for the awesome.

PLEASE SAVE THE AWESOME AND MAKE IT A VIABLE MECH!
(Also please have another look at the Quickdraw, but thats another story... I will look for a QKD thread and post there. ^^)

Edited by Tarzilman, 02 June 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#174 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

There is a concept that would save the Awesome.
The armor concept. It's still be worked on, but look at the stock armor of a Victor and then the stock armor of an Awesome.
Notice something?
Victor 9B.
Awesome 8Q.
Victor 9S.
Awesome 8T.
Victor 9K.
Awesome 9M.

Talk about some huge armor differences!

Now imagine an armor concept that allows you to add armor, but will keep the "difference" in stock armor values even at max.
Right now the difference between the Victor 9S and the Awesome 8T is 144 points of armor. What if when you max them out, the 8T would still be 144 points superior?

The armor concept aims to do that, preserving all stock ratios. Obvious exceptions on hero mechs that are not built to the lore (the Dragon Slayer for example. Most canon hero mechs are not blatantly superior in armor).

Give us some time to work out the little details for a big presentation. :)

#175 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

View PostKoniving, on 02 June 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

There is a concept that would save the Awesome.
The armor concept. It's still be worked on, but look at the stock armor of a Victor and then the stock armor of an Awesome.
Notice something?
Victor 9B.
Awesome 8Q.
Victor 9S.
Awesome 8T.
Victor 9K.
Awesome 9M.

Talk about some huge armor differences!

Now imagine an armor concept that allows you to add armor, but will keep the "difference" in stock armor values even at max.
Right now the difference between the Victor 9S and the Awesome 8T is 144 points of armor. What if when you max them out, the 8T would still be 144 points superior?

The armor concept aims to do that, preserving all stock ratios. Obvious exceptions on hero mechs that are not built to the lore (the Dragon Slayer for example. Most canon hero mechs are not blatantly superior in armor).

Give us some time to work out the little details for a big presentation. :)

I could really get behind that. Designs that were built with paper thin armor in order to carry the big guns should retain that. It would give a meaningful difference to the Variants beyond hardpoint placement.

#176 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:23 AM

I agree that max armor should be based on the stock armor values for each mech. Its always bothered me seeing Jagermechs with full armor when its supposed to have paper thin armor.

#177 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

View PostKhobai, on 03 June 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

I agree that max armor should be based on the stock armor values for each mech. Its always bothered me seeing Jagermechs with full armor when its supposed to have paper thin armor.

Lights might actually go back to scouting and spotting if we had it too. No self respecting Light would brawl with the armor they get as stock.

#178 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

View PostReitrix, on 03 June 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

Lights might actually go back to scouting and spotting if we had it too. No self respecting Light would brawl with the armor they get as stock.

Actually there would be.
The Raven 4X and Jenner F have more armor stock than some 40, 45, 50, and 55 ton mechs.

Most of the slower light mechs also have major armor.
It's the fast ones that typically do not.

The Raven 3-L for example... would never do its usual "stunts" that we see here. Though that ER LL thing would still be pretty popular for it.

It's just that most lights won't be doing that.
But you bet your ass there will be an Urbanmech brawling. :)

#179 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:39 AM

View PostKoniving, on 03 June 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

Actually there would be.
The Raven 4X and Jenner F have more armor stock than some 40, 45, 50, and 55 ton mechs.

Most of the slower light mechs also have major armor.
It's the fast ones that typically do not.

The Raven 3-L for example... would never do its usual "stunts" that we see here. Though that ER LL thing would still be pretty popular for it.

It's just that most lights won't be doing that.
But you bet your ass there will be an Urbanmech brawling. :)

Not saying *all* Lights were under armored, just that we'd see less max armor Spiders and such making brawl runs with packs of Assaults and Heavies, since a single lucky shot would ruin them.

Although, i did have a match on Caustic tonight in my K2 (2xPPC 2xUAC5 - never alpha, consistent heavy damage) against a team consisting of five Spider 5Ds, two Raven 3Ls and a Commando.
That was probably the most fun i had in a match in a LONG time.

#180 Tarzilman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:39 AM

Hm, I think I know what you mean.
But at the actual point of your concept I also think, it's just like an armour boost. You'd have to allow to do this with every mech and then it would be obsolete, don't you think?
Also it wouldn't change the hitbox problem. Bigger shoulders, smaller CT and ST plus a unique quirk that would compensate the heat problem should be a good start.

Compensate the weaknesses and strengths with quirks in general would be a good way to improve balancing.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users