52 replies to this topic

#41 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 26 July 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

True, but in Battletech aiming is less assured with Aces being the only pilots getting consistent hits to where they we aiming. It was even worse in the Innersphere where in some backwater planets the sights on some mechs were not even close to where the crosshairs pointed. Personally I wish that PGI made the hitboxes for the Timber Wolf close to that of the Catapult (old ones with the huge head) so that there would be less complaining of them being OP; and it would by me 27 extra points of armor on my center torso.

But then people would complain and want a refund because it wasn't living up to their expectation of the Clans. : /

#42 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostTezcatli, on 26 July 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

But then people would complain and want a refund because it wasn't living up to their expectation of the Clans. : /

Some did that anyways....

#43 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

personally i preferred the cauldron born (ebon jaguar) over the timber wolf simply because it looked more sexy

#44 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:15 AM

I always preferred the vulture(second favorite) over the Madcat (least favorite) the summoner on top of that (being my third favorite) and the atlas being my top favorite mech.

#45 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostFelio, on 05 May 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

It seems to be the big draw in the clan packages. I'm asking here because I assume it gained its popularity in other Battletech-licensed products.

It's one of the best "jack of all trades' mechs, and not just here. It was like that in TT as well.

It's also symmetrical and has a very balanced "giant robot" look that is also non-humanoid. So it looks like a giant robot and not a guy in a suit.

#46 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:57 PM

I think one particular reason why the Timber wolf is such a big deal: It's one of the only truly iconic mechs of the franchise that isn't one of the unseen.

#47 MoonfireSpam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

Inner Sphere fighting! Madcat begone.

Edited by MoonfireSpam, 06 October 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#48 TheKIps

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

Dont forget once upon a time the marauder and vulture were once at the madcat's status.

And the Atlas has been up there too. Infact the atlas is currently the cover for Strat Ops int he most dynamic way.

#49 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

View PostFelio, on 05 May 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

It seems to be the big draw in the clan packages. I'm asking here because I assume it gained its popularity in other Battletech-licensed products.

because it is popular by the other games
because it is one of the best mechs laodout and hardpoint wise in MWO.

wanna boat misseles, works
wanna boat ballistics, works
wanna boat lasers, works

wanna mix that works
wanna be rather quick, works
wanna have JJ's works
Even has some great high mounted Sidetorsi Weapon hardpoints.

I wonder if there is any other clanmech having these abilities at all.

#50 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:33 AM

View PostMoonfireSpam, on 06 October 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

Inner Sphere fighting! Madcat begone.

If I had been in that Timberwolf then none of those Inner Spheroids would have escaped.

Damned incompetent pilots.

#51 CrazyWorm9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:52 AM

be thankful IS poster child is not in the Maurauder would be just as popular if it wasnt for the HG fiasco im sure we would see alot of complaints about the MAD and all her opness

#52 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

View Post101011, on 05 May 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Honestly, the Timber Wolf is pretty overrated. I would take my Summoner over the Timber Wolf any day. Moves just as fast, but with jumpjets, and it can be turned into a wicked brawler. Think UAC/20, SSRM 6, and a LPL (C variant, by the way, with a little tweaking).

Speaking of Summoner/Timber Wolf comparisons, Clan Jade Falcon is famous for favoring the Summoner & one of the most iconic figures in Battletech (Aidan Pryde) used them in his two Trials of Position but he made his heroic last stand in a Timber Wolf. Keep that in mind. ;)

#53 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 03 January 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Speaking of Summoner/Timber Wolf comparisons, Clan Jade Falcon is famous for favoring the Summoner & one of the most iconic figures in Battletech (Aidan Pryde) used them in his two Trials of Position but he made his heroic last stand in a Timber Wolf. Keep that in mind. ;)

yah part of it it the timber wolf / mad cat is such a well disinged mech all in all

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users