[Idea] Weapon Diversity

5 replies to this topic

#1 Cart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

I read some suggestions about "new wepons", that should be brought into the game. I don't knwo, if the timeline is now cancelled forever, but if not, it would be hard for the designers to bring in new weapon without breaking with lore completely.

So, what about giving the existing weapons some more deversity?

For example the ACs. As far as I know, most of them (except the AC/20, I think to remember), doesn't shoot one projectile, that does the full damage, but a burst of multiple projectiles, that do alltogether the expected damage. And there are excisting different versions of those weapon(from different manufacturers by lore).
F.e., there could be AC/10s that fire bursts of:
  • 10 projectiles á 1 damage (but don't spread like the LBX)
  • 5 projectiles á 2 damage
  • 2 projectiles á 5 damage
Or whatever. The first would be awesome in laying down an suppressing-fire(and I think the sound would be awesome). While the last would be more the "pinpointer's" choice.
This could be really nice, especially for the Ultra AC/5, because: At the moment the three tubes are more decoratice, than making any sense...

And there could be different versions of other weapons...even energy-weapons, with small advantages and so on...

Whatever...I think something like that was in discussion along with CW, but I didn't hear anything of that for a long time...

#2 PanzerMagier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

We're 2+ years in the making of this game. Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE NO ONE ELSE HAS SUGGESTED THIS?
sigh

#3 Cart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

Sorry for even writing here... :wub:

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 06 May 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

We're 2+ years in the making of this game. Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE NO ONE ELSE HAS SUGGESTED THIS?
sigh

Some users are not as active on the forums as others.
This specific topic is hard to search for with the forum search function.

So I see no reason why you felt the need to make this post.

Feature suggestions, even if we already had them before, are the bread and butter of a game that wants to stay on the market. Even if the specific wishes are never implemented, they are a source for inspiration.

#5 Geeks On Hugs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

Posted Image

#6 Cart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 06 May 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

sigh

Btw, if you read to the end:

View PostCart, on 06 May 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Whatever...I think something like that was in discussion along with CW, but I didn't hear anything of that for a long time...

I had in mind, that this wasn't all new. But withe more people wanting new weapons or changes to nerf existing weapons like the ACs and with CW coming up, I thought it could be fitting to bring that idea back on the table...
Will it be done? I don't know...but it could be used as a lore-like nerf to high alphas with ACs...and there are some topics around here concerning those ACs...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users