97 replies to this topic

#61 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Also, this Quickdraw Hero was community designed. If you go over to nogutsnogalaxy.net, there is a topic where people were making builds and specs for it. This was one of them.

There's also a topic for a Hero Blackjack, so don't be surprised if you see a Blackjack Hero next month. :D

#62 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

View Postdangerzone, on 09 May 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Also, this Quickdraw Hero was community designed. If you go over to nogutsnogalaxy.net, there is a topic where people were making builds and specs for it. This was one of them.

There's also a topic for a Hero Blackjack, so don't be surprised if you see a Blackjack Hero next month. :D

Most of the NGNG guys are excellent players, the definitely did not design this mech, unless it was just to troll us.

#63 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 09 May 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Please let us know how that KDR looks after about 100 games when you are in a higher ELO bracket with players who can actually aim.

Edward, I will be happy to. :D

Jody

#64 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 09 May 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

Edward, I will be happy to. :D

Jody

Wait, does that mean I'm in a higher Elo bracket? Oh man, there goes my KDR...

#65 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 09 May 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Please let us know how that KDR looks after about 100 games when you are in a higher ELO bracket with players who can actually aim.

Funny thing that- your ELO bracket is based on your past performances in the same weight class of 'mech, not by individual chassis. So..... this comment doesn't actually hold any weight.

#66 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 09 May 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Funny thing that- your ELO bracket is based on your past performances in the same weight class of 'mech, not by individual chassis. So..... this comment doesn't actually hold any weight.

I know, I was just humoring him. :D

I own all 4 QKD variants. On the standard variants, I'm 1.5 - 2.2 KDR on them since the stat reset with about 175 matches between them. Only other Heavy chassis I own is that free TDR-9S PGI gave us. It's a measly .89 kdr.

Jody

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 09 May 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#67 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

Er.... Elo isn't based on KDR either- it's based on match score (which does include kills but doesn't seem to care whether or not you die) and win/loss.....

#68 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 09 May 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Er.... Elo isn't based on KDR either- it's based on match score (which does include kills but doesn't seem to care whether or not you die) and win/loss.....

Correct. W/L is the basis for Elo. You win and MM predicted the win, Elo doesn't change. You win, and MM didn't predict the win, your Elo goes up. Vice versa for a loss.

Jody

#69 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 09 May 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

It may or may not depending on what your current ELO for that weight bracket is or not. Regardless 100 games is a good amount of time to determine whether your initial KDR with a mech was just a fluke or not.

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 09 May 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

My point is that when you are playing against players who are equal to, or higher than your skill level, you will not have as many kills per match on average. I see that you are quick to try and prove me wrong, but slow to comprehend what I am saying.

#70 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

must buy ...... must own this mech !!!!! :)

#71 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

View PostAH Osprey 02, on 09 May 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

must buy ...... must own this mech !!!!! :)

I felt that way too, until I bought it and discovered how limited you are with what builds you can put on it.

#72 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 09 May 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

My point is that when you are playing against players who are equal to, or higher than your skill level, you will not have as many kills per match on average. I see that you are quick to try and prove me wrong, but slow to comprehend what I am saying.

Except that I'm not- you're just quick to assume.

My whole point here is that the way you argued was predicated on the idea that Judy is in a very low ELO bracket with the IV-Four because the 'mech is new. Whether or not you are right to want a larger sample size was not the point- You can tell me that 3x3=9 because all the numbers involved are composed of curves, and you'll be right that 3x3=9, but your argument for why is bollixed up, and that is also important.

By the same rote, Judy's attempts to declare herself an authority on the basis of performance was posed as an argument against the assumption that she was in a low ELO bracket- but her performance metric choices to demonstrate that were all about things that ELO doesn't take into account. Thus, while her intended argument (that she's a competent pilot and can understand how her 'mech works) may have been a valid counter-argument (or not, mileage varies on that kind of thing), the whole thing I was pointing out to her- particularly in that second quote, which was in response to her, not you- was that she was doing the same thing.

I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong at this point, I just want you to argue on the basis of rational arguments, rather than you declaring that walruses have a lot of fat because shellfish are molluscs, and Judy counter-arguing that walruses don't have a lot of fat because whales are even bigger.

Whales are huuuuuge!

Edited by Quickdraw Crobat, 10 May 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#73 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

New QKD is awesome

#74 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 10 May 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

Judy's attempts to declare herself ...she ... her ... her... she's ... her ... her... her ... she

One thing I would like to set straight. Last time I checked, Jody is a he and not a she. That is a fact and my wife of 23 years will attest to. LOL!

And yes, cSand, the new QKD is awesome.

cSand has the right idea, let's get back on topic. Like talking about the awesomeness of the new IV-FOUR. B)

Jody

#75 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 10 May 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

One thing I would like to set straight. Last time I checked, Jody is a he and not a she. That is a fact and my wife of 23 years will attest to. LOL!

And yes, cSand, the new QKD is awesome.

cSand has the right idea, let's get back on topic. Like talking about the awesomeness of the new IV-FOUR. :)

Jody

Well, the IV did not work for me, but hopefully it works for you except for when you are on the other end of my guns! :P

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 10 May 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

Except that I'm not- you're just quick to assume.

My whole point here is that the way you argued was predicated on the idea that Judy is in a very low ELO bracket with the IV-Four because the 'mech is new. Whether or not you are right to want a larger sample size was not the point- You can tell me that 3x3=9 because all the numbers involved are composed of curves, and you'll be right that 3x3=9, but your argument for why is bollixed up, and that is also important.

By the same rote, Judy's attempts to declare herself an authority on the basis of performance was posed as an argument against the assumption that she was in a low ELO bracket- but her performance metric choices to demonstrate that were all about things that ELO doesn't take into account. Thus, while her intended argument (that she's a competent pilot and can understand how her 'mech works) may have been a valid counter-argument (or not, mileage varies on that kind of thing), the whole thing I was pointing out to her- particularly in that second quote, which was in response to her, not you- was that she was doing the same thing.

I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong at this point, I just want you to argue on the basis of rational arguments, rather than you declaring that walruses have a lot of fat because shellfish are molluscs, and Judy counter-arguing that walruses don't have a lot of fat because whales are even bigger.

Whales are huuuuuge!

Your argument is too verbose and logical for the internet sir!

#76 Doomsday

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 25 posts
  • LocationLes Halles

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

View Postdangerzone, on 09 May 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

There's also a topic for a Hero Blackjack, so don't be surprised if you see a Blackjack Hero next month. :P

This is only somewhat true. Most of the Hero mechs are based on notable mechwarriors from the 3025 TRO:

Heavy Metal -Rhonda Snord
IV-Four (it was this or "Spare Parts Sally" so...) - Ladykiller
Death's Knell
Boar's Head

The BattleMaster will be "Dark Death", and the Blackjack will be "The Arrow". The T-bolt has got to be "Dashing John" MacAllister's "Toujour L'Audace" which translates roughly as <Forever Bold> but there's also the "Wild One" and lastly the Locust "Stomper"

They did however screw up the Orion and Hunchback which had way better names than what they gave them. So the community is only trying to envision an existing namesake, that's all.

It should also be noted that the name Quickdraw has absolutely nothing to do with speed. It was because of the mech's ability to flip arms to fire in conjunction with the rear firing medium lasers of the original. TRO people its all there.

#77 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

The arms are why I love the QKD... being able to run past and fire at someone without having my front torso facing them is awesome

#78 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 09 May 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Most of the NGNG guys are excellent players, the definitely did not design this mech, unless it was just to troll us.

Only designs fitting PGI parameters would have been the final choice, so over kill designs would have been pointless, and its more usual than not for the hero's to be complete pigs, so levels of skill would have nothing to do with the choice

#79 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 06 May 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

CapperDeluxe is correct. Max engine size on all other QKDs is 360. I own all 3, and that's what I run in them. :D

Capper is always correct, I don't think I have ever disagreed on a single thing of his I have read.

#80 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:58 AM

Sorry to dissapoint some people, but I'll try to be helpful.

First of all I need to notice, that I've been waiting for a quickdraw Hero version for several months. I'd really want to say that this purchase was worth of every spent penny, but it is not true.
It may sound too ballsy but I do play against and with the strongest players in MWo all the time. I also prefer to play solo to make my MW experience really tough. And in these conditions IV-4 sucks.
It is designed as a two ballistic wielding mech. Alas ballistic hardpoints are situated in arms. And I was really hoping hero-quickdraw will have ballistics inside of it's side torsos. I don't care about simple logic that tells you that a mech called quickdraw should have ballistics in it's arms. One thing is more than obvious here: Quickdraw's arms are so low and so broadly positioned, that convergence on that thing is just as horrible as it can possibly be in MWo. It means that this thing is going to miss target all the time no matter how good your aim is. You can avoid this by getting closer to your enemy but this huge mech with inevitable XL engine is doomed against any average player in close combat.

So far I can suggest to use it as agressive LRM-boat.
IV-FOUR
you can deal your damage and secure kills by jump-TAGing enemies behind cover and have average 500-700 damage without artillery or airstrike. Adv.Target Decay and Adv.Sensor Range modules will help you to do so.

Ballisitc setups are:
XL265 + 2 AC/10 + 1 JJ
XL265 + 2 UAC/5 + 1 LPL + 1 JJ
and here you'll find yourselves very team-dependant. As long as you've got meat-shields and you're not a primary target, you can adjust your position and use your ballitics for continious fire. In every other situation you won't be able to return fire properly.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users