• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

It's his Twitter account just like it is your Twitter account, yet you are allowed to say whatever you want and he isn't? You are allowed to block someone until they apologize, and so is Russ. If you don't like how he behaves, don't follow his Twitter account.

Most importantly, though, if you are having fun with a different game or games, why do you keep coming back here to argue with us? You are acting like the girl that got dumped and can't get over it. Go play WoT and have fun. Go play Star Citizen and have fun. But whatever you do, do it because you have fun, not because you are pissed off.

#242 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostCimarb, on 18 June 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

It's his Twitter account just like it is your Twitter account, yet you are allowed to say whatever you want and he isn't? You are allowed to block someone until they apologize, and so is Russ. If you don't like how he behaves, don't follow his Twitter account.

Most importantly, though, if you are having fun with a different game or games, why do you keep coming back here to argue with us? You are acting like the girl that got dumped and can't get over it. Go play WoT and have fun. Go play Star Citizen and have fun. But whatever you do, do it because you have fun, not because you are pissed off.

Because just like Victor Morson HE is right and everyone else is wrong.

Trolls have never needed a reason for what they do.

#243 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostCimarb, on 18 June 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Really?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I like how you completely disregard everything in my post. Show me where I've done anything you've accused me of. Please, just once.

Russ made unprofessional comments and got called for it. I bashed him for it. HE has the right and ability to block me from HIS twitter account. The difference in HIS twitter account and MY twitter account? HE is the president of a company using his twitter as a business account. MY twitter is my personal account for goofing off. If you can't see the difference it's not my job to educate you any further

Not to mention I have not ONCE posted ANYWHERE on here that I'm "quitting" nor have I EVER posted that I'm playing WoT or any other game on these forums with the exception of the SC thread (omg you mean someone posted about playing SC in an SC thread?) so again, feel free to be dismissive. It doesn't phase me, I could care less what yours or anyone else's OPINION on here is. I'm not trying to convince YOU and anyone else of anything. YOU attacked me. Not the other way around.

#244 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

I just think Russ can't take the truth of the matter, his company is incapable of producing the game they claimed they would, and MWO is slowly turning into a ****** E sport arena, P2W looks like it won't be far away.

I never thought I'd say this but I think I'm off to Star Citizen :) once its playable

#245 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostRoland, on 18 June 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

Hey Niko, it's been over a month since you said you'd answer this question.

and for all the one jumping on the "let's bash sandpit because he voiced something negative about PGI and MWO" bandwagon. That above quote?

THAT is exactly why people are frustrated with this game and company. For two years now it's been "We'll have new information in xx days"

Then 1-6 months later we'll get an "update" that generally consists of "we changed our minds" or "soon" or "well see, what had happened was"

This isn't a rare occurence. This is the norm for this company and many of us are finally tired of it and are going to voice OUR concerns because we're paying customers just like you and have EVERY right to post just like you do

View PostCathy, on 18 June 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

I just think Russ can't take the truth of the matter, his company is incapable of producing the game they claimed they would, and MWO is slowly turning into a ****** E sport arena, P2W looks like it won't be far away.

I think they honestly got in over their heads, are not capable of producing what they set out to produce and now to save their skins they're changing everything to make money.

How many multi-million dollar companies out there do you see that are incapable of filling employment positions for over 2 years?
Even the new launch module is updated on the plan as being "90% complete"

Lets think about that for a second. It's 90% complete but not even remotely implemented into the game? How does that work exactly? That example is the perfect synopsis of where PGI is coming up short.

#246 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 June 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

Show me where I've done anything you've accused me of. Please, just once.

Russ made unprofessional comments and got called for it. I bashed him for it. HE has the right and ability to block me from HIS twitter account. The difference in HIS twitter account and MY twitter account? HE is the president of a company using his twitter as a business account. MY twitter is my personal account for goofing off. If you can't see the difference it's not my job to educate you any further

Not to mention I have not ONCE posted ANYWHERE on here that I'm "quitting" nor have I EVER posted that I'm playing WoT or any other game on these forums with the exception of the SC thread (omg you mean someone posted about playing SC in an SC thread?) so again, feel free to be dismissive. It doesn't phase me, I could care less what yours or anyone else's OPINION on here is. I'm not trying to convince YOU and anyone else of anything. YOU attacked me. Not the other way around.

I didn't attack you, and I'm sorry you feel that way. Here are a couple of the things I have said to you in the positive, btw:

Go play WoT and have fun. Go play Star Citizen and have fun. But whatever you do, do it because you have fun, not because you are pissed off.

I used to enjoy Sandpit and Roadbeer's posts myself, but they have turned into a cancer now and need to go elsewhere, both for their own happiness and ours. If they choose to come back because they like the way the game is going, I am all for that, but if they don't like it, they should go someplace where they DO like it, instead of trying to bring everyone else down with them...

I also said several snarky comments, but I never once attacked you.

We were having a perfectly fine conversation (that had already ran it's course about the actual topic and we were just talking by this point) and you decided to jump in and start wall-of-texting your pissyness all over. I didn't jump in your conversation - you jumped in ours.

While you have not said the "quit" word, you have stated, ad nauseum, that you hate this company and even if they gave you everything you wanted, you still wouldn't help support it anymore. Here are just a few of the TONS of posts you have made over the last couple weeks.

Posted Image

You talk about leaving the community (i.e. quitting) and coming back for some sort of vengeance because of the mic drop comment.

You call the community stupid for still giving them money (which is your opinion, just like it is my opinion that you are acting like a ditched girlfriend currently).

You call the company as a whole something very disrespectful, when there are a lot of people that work for that company that have nothing to do with this issue.

You call Russ all sorts of things while including him on the comments. Normally, saying it to a person's face is admirable, but this is just cyber-bullying at this point (http://en.wikipedia..../Cyberbullying: "Cyberbullying is the use of Information Technology to harm or harass other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner." You fit that definition to a tee.)

But the best part is back on June 4th, where you even make the comment "See either one of us bashing and <complaining> about it on PGI's forums? No." Yet, what are you now doing???

I'm not attacking you. I am telling you to go away and find something that DOES make you happy and that you have fun doing. It isn't healthy how obsessively upset you are about this.

So, in your best interest, PLEASE, go away. (at least until you get over it, then please come back if you want to!)

#247 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostCimarb, on 18 June 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

I didn't attack you, and I'm sorry you feel that way. Here are a couple of the things I have said to you in the positive, btw:

I also said several snarky comments, but I never once attacked you.

We were having a perfectly fine conversation (that had already ran it's course about the actual topic and we were just talking by this point) and you decided to jump in and start wall-of-texting your pissyness all over. I didn't jump in your conversation - you jumped in ours.

While you have not said the &quot;quit&quot; word, you have stated, ad nauseum, that you hate this company and even if they gave you everything you wanted, you still wouldn't help support it anymore. Here are just a few of the TONS of posts you have made over the last couple weeks.

Posted Image

You talk about leaving the community (i.e. quitting) and coming back for some sort of vengeance because of the mic drop comment.

You call the community stupid for still giving them money (which is your opinion, just like it is my opinion that you are acting like a ditched girlfriend currently).

You call the company as a whole something very disrespectful, when there are a lot of people that work for that company that have nothing to do with this issue.

You call Russ all sorts of things while including him on the comments. Normally, saying it to a person's face is admirable, but this is just cyber-bullying at this point (http://en.wikipedia..../Cyberbullying: &quot;Cyberbullying is the use of Information Technology to harm or harass other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner.&quot; You fit that definition to a tee.)

But the best part is back on June 4th, where you even make the comment &quot;See either one of us bashing and &lt;complaining&gt; about it on PGI's forums? No.&quot; Yet, what are you now doing???

I'm not attacking you. I am telling you to go away and find something that DOES make you happy and that you have fun doing. It isn't healthy how obsessively upset you are about this.

So, in your best interest, PLEASE, go away. (at least until you get over it, then please come back if you want to!)

I supoose name calling isn't a petsonal attack now.

So just to recap...

The ONLY example you give is from MY personal twitter account. Please show me where I have done so (as you're accusing me of doing so) on these forums.
Anywhere
Just once
Please show me, other than k town, where I have "bashed" or "bullied" russ or pgi.
Anywhere on the forums
Within.....
Hell let's say all the way back to group announcements.

You can't. You've done nothing (with the exception of this last post) but bash me and try to dismiss a well worded complaint about the game and pgi and why they have a dissatisfied customer (s). Which, contrary to the apparent public opinion, is also what the forums are for. Just because the feedback isn't rainbows and flowers doesn't make it any leas valid and all you've tried to do is discredit and invalidate my post.
You just seemed to want the high ground and hoped to have more happy go lucky players jump on your bandwagon. I have never attacked or dismissed your ideas on the game even when I didn't agree with them.

You can take the stance of just disregarding negative feedback (as pgi seems to have done many times over the years) all you want but that's not healthy or good foe the future of the game or pgi.

Regardless of what you might think most of us with dissenting opinions of the game and pgi in their current states want mwo to be successful. We could care less about pgi but we like our btech.

There is no successful business out there that takes the attitude that customers should be grateful for a company making a for profit business venture. That's EXACTLY what russ has stated. "True" fans should be grateful that pgi made a game and are making money. So customers should be grateful that they have pgi to give money to? Ok

You want to take an isolated example and disregard the entire body of work that had led up to that example and that simply is inaccurate

#248 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 16 June 2014 - 09:52 PM, said:

To be honest no, just going off of memory from a few months back. Have any links that I should perhaps read?

And to answer your question
No they do not because it's simply not true. I just refuse to accept, defend, or excuse pgi's shortcoming in my eyes anymore so it's easier to just call someone a troll or post off-topic snarky comments to try and discredit someone so people won't pay any attention to their posts

#249 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostCimarb, on 18 June 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

You disagreed with him
That IS attacking him.

So lets stop feeding the troll hmm?

#250 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 18 June 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

You disagreed with him
That IS attacking him.

So lets stop feeding the troll hmm?

As seen above. This is another example of what I'm talking about cim. Notice the t word? Do you at least understand where I'm coming from now?

2 months ago I was bashed any time I posted for being a white knight because I posted positive things.

NOW I'm a troll because I pointed out where, in my eyes as another paying customer like you, pgi has failed to deliver and why I've stopped supporting them as a customer.

#251 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 June 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

As seen above.

Lets put it this way - oh so wonderful and brilliant Pit.

What do you call someone who comes into a game or companies forum and talks about how horrible the game or company is?

Gee!
I wonder what that word could be

But NO!
You are obviously not one of those - and never have been!
You are here for our own good!
You know better than anyone what works or what does not work!
You know better than anyone why PGI has done or has not done what they have or have not done!
It is your duty to come and tell us how horrible they are because they have not bent over and kissed your arse done what you want them to!

#252 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 18 June 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

Lets put it this way - oh so wonderful and brilliant Pit.

Again, case in point.

So by your logic. A paying customer who has become unhappy with a company should not express their unhappiness. Uhm ok....

Secondly, if you're going to make accusations then ay least be accurate. I've posted in several threads with absolutely nothing negative to say about pgi. Ad a matter of fact I've called mwo a fun game several times. Those don't count though right?

Meanwhile the accuser (s) are the only ones taking it to a personal level and COMPLETELY derailing the thread simply because they didn't like me giving a negative review and opinion.

Bravo to you!

#253 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 June 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

A paying customer who has become unhappy with a company should not express their unhappiness. Uhm ok....

No - a paying customer who has become unhappy with a company should go through the proper channels.
Sitting in the forum screaming about how horrible they are simply plants a giant "IGNORE ME!" sign on you.

But then - you were the one who taught that to me - so.....

Bravo to you!

Edit: it is also still known as trolling

But then.... you would know that wouldn't you?
/end edit

Edited by Shar Wolf, 18 June 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#254 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Shar Wolf said:

arggggh

You might want to relax a little sir. You seem to be a little stressed. Again you might want to consider that you are the only one who has posted zilch on topic. So why don't YOU try posting something constructive for a change?

#255 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 June 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

TROLOLO I HATE PGI
GRR
ARRRGG

HOW DARE you tell me I should not rage and whine in the forum!

HATE!

Fixed that for you

You might want to relax a little sir. You seem to be a little stressed. Again you might want to consider that you are the only one who has posted zilch on topic. So why don't YOU try posting something constructive for a change?

Meanwhile I am sitting here, eating ice cream, and enjoying the beautiful weather outside while reading the forum equivalent of Dumb and Dumber

Edited by Shar Wolf, 18 June 2014 - 08:22 PM.

#256 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 18 June 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

Fixed that for you

Can I just leave it at that cim? Does this help you better understand what I'm talking about? Can you at least give me that much even if you personally don't believe YOU yourself have done it?

#257 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 June 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

And to answer your question
No they do not because it's simply not true. I just refuse to accept, defend, or excuse pgi's shortcoming in my eyes anymore so it's easier to just call someone a troll or post off-topic snarky comments to try and discredit someone so people won't pay any attention to their posts

Sand, I've always liked you, and never lumped you in with the toxic folks over on the CIG forum thread, but if you feel it's your time to move on, it's likely best to just do it with grace. Coming back and arguing with people, especially with those tweets, well doesn't exactly leave a great parting impression.

Again I have nothing against you and have nothing but respect but much like I often suggested to the Vass and Buddahs of the world, at some point you just need to let go if you're not having fun with the game. You'd be better off not stooping to their level over there because really, no one has respect for any of those guys, they're pure toxic personified, and the ex girlfriend analogy actually really fits them to a T.

#258 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostSandpit, on 18 June 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

Can I just leave it at that cim?

Leave it at the idea that ceasing to whine removes any reason for me to mock you?

Just as readily as those you used to mock in K-Town.
Or is that too complicated of a concept now that you are on the other side of it?

Let me make it simple for ya - I am making fun of you for the same reasons you used to make fun of them.

Not necessarily what you are saying.
But the how and where you are choosing to broadcast to the world your butthurt.

The closest you have come to constructive was when you declared (the first time) that you did not like how PGI did things.
After that it was the exact same butthurt whining you used to mock people for.

View Postspectralthundr, on 18 June 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

Sand, I've always liked you, and never lumped you in with the toxic folks over on the CIG forum thread, but if you feel it's your time to move on, it's likely best to just do it with grace. Coming back and arguing with people, especially with those tweets, well doesn't exactly leave a great parting impression.

Again I have nothing against you and have nothing but respect but much like I often suggested to the Vass and Buddahs of the world, at some point you just need to let go if you're not having fun with the game. You'd be better off not stooping to their level over there because really, no one has respect for any of those guys, they're pure toxic personified, and the ex girlfriend analogy actually really fits them to a T.

Thank you for phrasing that in a more mature manor than I have managed.

#259 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:40 AM

View Postspectralthundr, on 18 June 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

That is all I meant to say, though I did a horrible job of saying it.

Sandpit, I want you to be happy. If you aren't happy here, go elsewhere. If you can get over the (I agree unprofessional, but baited IMO) response from Russ and be happy here, I would LOVE if you came back to the light side (or even just a neutral rascal). But regardless, go where you are happy, not where 99% of your statements are complaints. Not trying to "feed you"; not trying to upset you or attack you; so if you feel that way, just ignore this paragraph and refer to Spectral's above quote.

#260 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostRoland, on 13 May 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

Niko, could you please clarify these numbers that were provided by Paul?

In the reference, it mentions "number of drops". Was this just a master of confusing phrasing?

Specifically, in that data set, did a group of 4 players in a premade team who launched count as a single drop, or four drops?

Clarification of this point should be easily made, and would help us understand the composition of the player base.

Thanks.

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 13 May 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

Good question. I'll try to get an answer for you on this one by the end of week or early next week.

Hey Niko, it's been over a month since you said you'd answer this question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users