Laser Boat Lightshow - Banshee 3M

6 replies to this topic

#1 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

its still basic but its been doing good so far even with XL and does 42 ish damage at 205 meters with 40% heat
30 wins to 12 loss - 73 kills to 19 deaths - 397.04 average damage per match and liquid metal achivement :)

Im using a 5 button mouse so this helps maintain order,
Use weapon groups 1,2,5 for range hits and weapon groups 3 , 6 , 4,2/1 for close range however a ppc shot thrown in never hurts at 250 meters
***************************************************************************************************************************

Every Type of laser including ppc and flamer - drop a heatsink for a tonn of armour but with a build this hot i wouldn't recommend it

XL 400 - 22 doubles - 496 armour
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f5415642edcbc08
Spoiler

weapon groups -
  • 1- Large laser , medium laser
  • 2 - large pulse laser
  • 3 -medium pulse laser , small pulse laser , small laser
  • 3 -flamer
  • 5 - PPC
  • 6 -medium pulse laser

****************************************************************************************************************
or the 7 mid pulse - 24 doubles - xl 400 - near max armour - ams - two bap version
Do note the battlemaster can do the same build with 24 doubles and 7 mid pulse/xl 400
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f79e6d5554e079f

Edited by kesuga7, 12 May 2014 - 03:59 AM.

#2 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

I prefer my Light Show to yours. Nothing personal.

#3 kesuga7

• The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:46 AM

View PostEscef, on 08 May 2014 - 12:20 AM, said:

I prefer my Light Show to yours. Nothing personal.

HERESY!

i don't have b master yet :)

looks fun though

though you can't fit maximum lasa show with those 85 tonns hence 95 tonn banshee lol

#4 Zelumbras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

Would love to see some screenshots of the Lasershow in action, must look awesome in the darker maps! Maybe you should make a post in Lordreds prfect screenshot thread http://mwomercs.com/...page__st__1020.. :)

I have tried to make a build around four arm mounted Large Pulse Lasers and finally settled for an AS7-RS. It runs crazy hot but since i have full basics unlocked (Elite skills probably today/tomorrow), the heat has become managable. Currently i am running the AS7-RS Sauna and while i could fit 23 DHS in that thing, i prefer the higher speed and AMS ompared to the cooler build.

While it is certainly not what people would call a good or even competitive build, it is a lot of fun and great training for heat management. Had a lot of fun testing it out in the last two days (seen you in a couple matches kesuga -_-) and i think that about half of my kills were unsuspecting Light mechs. The LPL allow for high damage and accuracy but come at the cost of insane heat and are restricted to short-medium range so its definitely a more situational build.

#5 kesuga7

• The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

View PostVulcan888, on 08 May 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

Would love to see some screenshots of the Lasershow in action, must look awesome in the darker maps! Maybe you should make a post in Lordreds prfect screenshot thread http://mwomercs.com/...page__st__1020.. :)

I have tried to make a build around four arm mounted Large Pulse Lasers and finally settled for an AS7-RS. It runs crazy hot but since i have full basics unlocked (Elite skills probably today/tomorrow), the heat has become managable. Currently i am running the AS7-RS Sauna and while i could fit 23 DHS in that thing, i prefer the higher speed and AMS ompared to the cooler build.

While it is certainly not what people would call a good or even competitive build, it is a lot of fun and great training for heat management. Had a lot of fun testing it out in the last two days (seen you in a couple matches kesuga :)) and i think that about half of my kills were unsuspecting Light mechs. The LPL allow for high damage and accuracy but come at the cost of insane heat and are restricted to short-medium range so its definitely a more situational build.

havn't seen red on lately but ill try
lol i remember that build all the pulse on arm could lead to great accuracy

id probably give try if i were to buy atlas's considering its arm mounted 40 points of pulse damage
could leg many lights like that -_-

i remember a friend of mine was doing 2 large pulse and 4 medium lasers in boars head though can't recall exactbuild

Edited by kesuga7, 08 May 2014 - 03:28 AM.

#6 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:50 AM

View Postkesuga7, on 08 May 2014 - 02:46 AM, said:

HERESY!

i don't have b master yet :)

looks fun though

though you can't fit maximum lasa show with those 85 tonns hence 95 tonn banshee lol

It is fun, and more effective than it has any right to be. Also, your Banshee is missing the ERLL.

#7 Zelumbras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

View Postkesuga7, on 08 May 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

id probably give try if i were to buy atlas's considering its arm mounted 40 points of pulse damage
could leg many lights like that :P

Not to mention that under ~550m it has a higher DPS than dual AC-20 and under ~520m even a higher Alpha that is basically pinpoint against slow targets and doesn't have to account for the projectile speed like ACs - and who wouldn't want to run dual arm mounted AC-20s on an Assault for once :ph34r:.

View PostEscef, on 08 May 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

It is fun, and more effective than it has any right to be. Also, your Banshee is missing the ERLL.

I believe he left it out because the ER-weapons have no different visual effect than their standard range counterparts.

Edited by Vulcan888, 08 May 2014 - 08:30 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users