Warhawk Lrm Rack

8 replies to this topic

#1 Bigg Robb

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

I've always loved the dump truck of assault 'Mechs. But why in the renderings is the LRM pack shown hanging off the arm? Sooo odd.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostKoniving, on 05 May 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

Posted Image
Take your pick, side or underslung in this style? (Takes zero effort, just a quick twist and a slight tweak of the hitbox.)

>.> Make more sense at some point?

But truth be told I don't know why they have it with such a weird and hitbox enlarging angle.

#3 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

I quite like it actually.
Done the same sort of thing with Tau Missile Pods on Battlesuits tbh.
It's just an aesthetic choice.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

The actual stat sheet has it loaded i the arm. The art was incongruent to the actual stats.

In MWO, arm weapons have to go where the arm is pointed, so it has to be mounted to the lower arm.

#5 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

I personally really don't like it. I think the shoulder position is much cooler. I'm guessing it was put on the arm to weaken/balance the omnimech since it won't have any functional weapons if it looses both arms. If it had been mounted on the shoulder it could have been part of the left torso. It's disappointing but I'm trying to get used to it since I bought one.

#6 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

Aaaand this is an assault mech guide...... how?

I foresee a topic move before long :)

#7 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 09 May 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

The actual stat sheet has it loaded i the arm. The art was incongruent to the actual stats.

In MWO, arm weapons have to go where the arm is pointed, so it has to be mounted to the lower arm.

I didn't see your post as it went through at the same time as mine; makes sense.

#8 Bigg Robb

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 09 May 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

Now from the dredges of my memory I think I remember that... good point. Also explains why some Masakari art has the launcher attached to the actual shoulder. OK.

#9 MortVent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Locationother side of the ridge firing lrms at ya

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

I do know most games I'd swap the lrms out for utility and heat sinks... don't know if we will be able to do that in mwo

(I can see putting an ams, some ammo, and extra heat sinks as standard... and replace the ppcs with large pulses. In TT that was my standard config, with 1 ton for an active probe... large pulses and targeting computer = you gonna die!)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users