3 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

Ok, we all get that DC in nearly every match we play where he DCs at the start or the occasional Delta Bravo that sees his team losing so he goes and hides, powers down, then leaves match. Either way, it's often a goose choose which the opposing side posts up the 10 digit coordinates in All Chat so they can get the match over with and get their mech back.

But most players don't know how to:
-display their own location
-understand grid coordinates at al
-or the learned the grid coordinates of the start points

I personally love maps. I collect MGRS maps, Aviation maps, and Dep of Wildlife maps. Topo maps have always been a hobby for me ever since I was a Boy Scout and they still do in the Army with my annual Land Nav courses.

So what I decided to do was mark up the maps we have into their actual numerical grid squares. But first, some basics.

*NOTE: If you know how to read a map, you can skip the spoiler tag

Spoiler

Now that we have the basics out of the way or if you already can read maps, here are the rest of the maps:

Alpine:

Spoiler

Canyon:

Spoiler

Caustic:

Spoiler

Crimson:

Spoiler

Forest Colony:

Spoiler

Forest Colony Snow (the grid lines aren't the same as normal Forest Colony):

Spoiler

Frozen City (Day/Night):

Spoiler

HPG:

Spoiler

River City (Day/Night):

Spoiler

Terra Therma:

Spoiler

Tourmaline:

Spoiler

EDIT: Forgot Crimson

Edited by JohanssenJr, 12 May 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#2 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

nice post! i just got all learned and everything lol

#3 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Mechwarrior,

Your use of dropzone intelligence was very useful. Having infomation like this makes it very easy for the other mech-jocks to see exactly where everything is located at each mission site. The problem I see is that the text-based communication systems that are currently being fielded do not lend themselves well to inputting long strings of coordinates. Additionally, throwing the grid coords up will not help many mechwarriors without a handy reference map. Until I can get my tech to rig up one of my auxillary monitors to display a battle grid this information might as well be LosTech.

Good job, hopfully the techs will figure out what is preventing consistent lance/company voice communications soon so we can work together.

Corporal Woolf signing off...

#4 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

Really, all that needs to happen is for PGI to fix it so that the maps display correctly for DCs. Then there would be no need for the goose chase.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users