Defeated Enemy Mechs Listed - Good Idea Or Bad?

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Dead enemy mechs varient listed. (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this would be a good feature?

1. Yes (5 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Voted No (2 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Indifferent (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Astral Esper

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 51 posts
  • LocationChaska, Minnesota

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

I've been thinking about this for as long as I can remember. I've never been certain if it is something that should be added or not but I think it would make some sense. When an enemy is defeated, their mech varient should be listed on the roster when viewing players. They wouldn't show up until the mech is destroyed. I imagine it would be useful to know which enemies have been dealt with.

From an (for lack of a better word) immersion standpoint, if your mech can detect an enemy mech's details, it should be able to detect if the mech is destroyed or not so why wouldn't it be able to keep track of which enemy mechs have been defeated by your team?

I want to know what everyone else thinks about this. Do you think it's a good idea or a bad one?

Edited by Vertex99, 14 May 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

With 3/3/3/3 I think that might give away too much information.

#3 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

It could be one function of that hunk of junk we get with the DDC the command counsel.

Or as mechs are identified list them also, with possible load outs.

#4 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 15 May 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

It could be one function of that hunk of junk we get with the DDC the command counsel.

Or as mechs are identified list them also, with possible load outs.

I could see this as a menu option from the battle grid.

#5 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

Personally, I think the variant should be listed on the score screen from the moment that enemy has been targeted by any ally. It would make scouting more of a useful endeavor.

#6 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

Greetings all,

Along these lines,

We currently receive Mech identification data on what chassis an enemy Mech is, and if in contact long enough, additional load out data.

- Once a Mech is identified our targeting and tracking computers should have this info recorded.
- This system should also assign an id tag to that Mech. (the letter target codes we see now.)
- As each friendly Mech is in communication with all others, via target info transfer, this data should also be transmitted.
(with some Friendlies only receiving this info later, if ECM was a comms blocking issue.)
- As this data is collected for each Enemy Mech it is matched to the enemy target letter.
- Scouts and forward Friendly Mech's should receive a bonus for gathering this data.

Now with this system in effect, as each pilot brings up the Pilots list through the TAB key, they also see what chassis that Pilot is operating. This list is filled in as more Mech's are identified, assigning the chassis and target letter code to each. Even if the Pilots Mech's are neutralized/disabled/destroyed this info is still available through the TAB key function.

This chassis id info works both ways now, both sides start to gather intelligence on there enemy.
- Will having the 3/3/3/3 locks in public match's be effected by this additional gathered data?
It probably shouldn't, but I'm assuming it will.
- With private match's, weight limits, and selected company sizes, this already reduces the chance of some Mech's even being fielded.
All the more where Enemy Mech id needs to be used and quickly gathered.

This game is about gathering intelligence on the enemy, tactical use of the ground, coordination and team play to defeat the Enemy in each match. By using the weapons, chassis, and systems you have at your disposal to identify, neutralize and destroy them.
[ yes there are other methods of winning in the different modes of game play. But each can be reduced to just eliminating all the Enemy Mech's to win.]

What ties in with this is the lack of built in game comms. Most players without comms currently suffer from some form of enemy data intelligence loss and some situational awareness issues during match's. If team players do not, or will not, select the 'R' key to lock enemy targets and start gathering intell, the entire team could be suffering.

- Currently in game we are starting to see Pilots remove the modules that actually were used for sensor detection, weapon bonus's, and target info gathering. And replace them with one shot arty, air strikes, and UAV as they do not see a benefit from having the sensors on board. The game is orientated around producing as much damage as one can, gathering assists does 'pay off', and with the battles being so fluid, keeping information on the Enemy isn't as important as just killing the Mech's as they are found.
- I'm sure there are Pilots that actually don't want to select the 'R' key as it would 'give away this new juicy target' to the rest of their team, and possible reduce there damage gathering.

Ok, sorry, bit of a tangent there, back on topic.

Yes, to the question. But add in the gathering of the chassis info and listing it as it is gathered. And start returning to the 'Role Warfare' we are suppose to be playing in.

9erRed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users