20 replies to this topic

#1 Meco

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCalhoun, GA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

So which communication program does everyone think we need? Ventro or Teamspeak or is there something else out there that I am not aware of?

#2 Ragequitter

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:27 AM

I use teamspeak 3, and also Ventrillo. If I had to choose, it would be TS3. Never had any dramas and very clear. The ability for a lot of chanels as well. IMHO.

#3 Nekomimi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

I've used skype, works alright. Just hope no one joins the call when you're in a game.

#4 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Teamspeak is pretty much objectively superior to ventrilo; having used both for at least 6 years. I hear talk of mumble being pretty cool, but have never tried it myself. Doesn't seem very popular.

Also; I live most likely 20 miles at the most from you, Meco. I'm down in Cartersville off of 41. Small world.

Edited by Sandersson Jankins, 20 June 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#5 Jungle Recon

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIn the Overlord

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'd much rather use vent than anything

#6 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

I have a vent server, some fellow marikans have set up a TS3 server for us merikans which was really nice of them. Also skype works for lance-level communication, but for larger organizations vent or ts3 will be necessary or at least very beneficial.

#7 AnimePops

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I prefer Vent over TS any day, but Mumble is capable of much better quality of sound but not many have familiarization with it as much as the big two.

#8 Chili

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, NH

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Teamspeak has always been reliable for me.
Chili

#9 BoomerZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 127 posts
  • LocationEngland......UK......

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

I would love to know how to set them up.................I have both TS3 and Ventrlio......used both in MWLL..(oops is it ok to mention that other world :) ) and could never speak to anyone.....any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

#10 CgMass

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOK

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

BoomerZ there are so many different thing's that could be wrong. Your mic could be physically muted, your mic could be muted on the pc. Your sound card could be damaged, your sound card drivers could be corrupt. The software of your sound card could need tweaking or you could need to tweak your voice clients. I would venture its not the voice software though since you said in both you couldn't talk to anyone.

#11 BoomerZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 127 posts
  • LocationEngland......UK......

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Thanks CgMass I will have to look into it a bit more......I can hear myself, and hear the other players, but they don,t seem to hear me! maybe they don,t want too :)

#12 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostAnunaki, on 21 June 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

I prefer Vent over TS any day, but Mumble is capable of much better quality of sound but not many have familiarization with it as much as the big two.

Mumble is a bit of a pain to setup imo, it can get... confusing...

#13 johnyboy420

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 197 posts
  • Locationyour momma's house

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

mubble and TS3 have chat delay setings i have mine at 20ms witch is 0.2 of a sec delay   vent stuck at 150 ms delay and skype is crap with more then 4 in a group chat cus its not server based and has too receave from everyone in the channel and send data too all of them as well big broadband chewer    just get TS3 ez too use free 32 man if you got the spare comp and net speeds too run it a 30 man TS set up right too be ez on the net uses 100 kbp in and out its nice im going too use TS3 for my merc group

Edited by johnyboy420, 22 June 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#14 Inquisitor Pain

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

Ventrillo has the best voice quality, ts3 is far and away the best for the admins to run, mumbels gets the job done and can support more people stably but i doubt that will come into play for mwo, it's good for very large fleet battles in eve though. I use all three multiple times weekly. Yes i am a spie :)

#15 johnyboy420

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

min specs for TS3 500 MHZ P3 and 128 MB of ram you cud get away with useing a Moded orig Xbox with X-DSL on it sadly X-DSL is so basic i cant figer out how too use it or that be my TS server for sure

that Xbox has a custom 733 MHZ celeron and 64MB's of ram its just cud use 2x the ram and it be perfect

Edited by johnyboy420, 22 June 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#16 johnyboy420

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

ts3 with low delay is way better for shooters cus you need fast communications with your teammates no one who plays core shooters use ventrillo anymore the best stuff you can use that you pay for is mohawk the ezest and free stuff is TS3 for eazy use and good baning feats never tryed mubble but heard its just as good or even better then TS3 in voice qualty its personle pref but F ventrillo its out of date and overrated now unless i see a major overhaul of that cliant id never use it for a shooter game

a 150 MS delay / 1.5 sec before i hear my friend is bad VS TS3 lowest delay of 02 MS that 0.02 of a sec thats instant

and who wants too pay what vent wants when i can get better for free

Edited by johnyboy420, 22 June 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#17 JP Josh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • Locationsteam- jp josh

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

steam

#18 The Justicar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

Mumble is total absolute garbage.

Skype is good if you and your mates don't mind hearing everything.

Ventrilo has long been the king of VoIP, but the new TS3 is, in my opinion, a serious contender.

Edited by The Justicar, 27 June 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#19 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

As long as we all agree on one system to use come launch, I'll be cool with it. I'm not going to install 3 or 4 chat systems and Alt+Tab constantly between apps.

#20 Meco

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCalhoun, GA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

couldnt agree more. we definately need 1 set up to cut down on any confusion.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users