Optimal Graphics Settings

Gameplay

7 replies to this topic

#1 Zaggeron

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

I just got a new computer and can finally play the game at max graphical settings. But after I fired it up and played a few rounds I noticed that my gameplay experience was actually worse.

There seemed to be more smoke and this annoying blur when mechs were close. In a close fight, I could barely see. Is there a well known set of graphical settings or config commands that maximize the environment and model details, but don't overwhelm the user with blur and heavy smoke. Note I do have motion blur off in the settings.

Currently running at 1920x1080 with everything at very high except for AA which is set for PostAA.

Edited by Zaggeron, 15 May 2014 - 06:15 AM.

#2 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

Good question.

I do know that DirectX 11 doesn't always improve performance over DirectX9.

Other than that, turning settings down to Low helps, but any more detailed info would be appreciated.

#3 Zaggeron

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 15 May 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Good question.

I do know that DirectX 11 doesn't always improve performance over DirectX9.

Other than that, turning settings down to Low helps, but any more detailed info would be appreciated.

Performance itself isn't the issue. I get locked 60fps with vertical sync on with settings at max. I'm trying to figure out if there is some set of generally accepted trade-offs that involve reducing the graphical fidelity in certain areas in exchange for cleaning up the visibility. For example I read somewhere on the forum, but can't find it now, that the motion bluff off doesn't work quite right and you actually have to reduce some setting or other before it turns off.

#4 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:29 AM

[color=#959595]For example I read somewhere on the forum, but can't find it now, that the motion bluff off doesn't work quite right and you actually have to reduce some setting or other before it turns off. [/color]

I think i AA need to be off for the Motion Blur to be off..

Edited by Warblood, 15 May 2014 - 06:37 AM.

#5 Zaggeron

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:39 AM

Thanks. I have a feeling that turning particles down will help with the heavy smoke, but I guess I'll have to search better to find out how to really stop the motion blur.

#6 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

Optimal settings:
Monitor off, keyboard burned to ashes, mouse in the garbage can.

#7 Zaggeron

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:41 AM

Google to the rescue. "motion blur" got me to this FYI:

"It's caused by "Post processing" graphics setting. Set it to "Low". Also if you want to play it like the "pros" do then set "Particles" to "Low" aswell. Those two are only harmful settings."

Edited by Zaggeron, 15 May 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#8 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

This will help me as well. I hate the fog on Frozen City Day.

But is this going to get rid of the cool lava explosions in Mordor too?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users