3 replies to this topic

#1 CMetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 289 posts
  • LocationCortlandt Manor, NY

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

Hey all, hoping to get some advice on how to tune my NVidia drivers and/or graphics settings/computer to get a bit more performance. Here is my setup:

AMD FX-8320
Asus 760G mobo
Asus GTX 770
16 GB RAM
60Hz Monitor- I play in 1080p

No overclocks, strictly air cooling front to back with a 140mm intake and a 120mm vent fan.

I'm seeing 40-50 fps while just walking around, and drops to 27-34 in battle.

I feel like a GTX770 should be able to handle the game a bit better, and there was a time that I got over 50 fps regularly.

Could those of you having more success please post your settings both in-game and in the NVidia control panel? All help is appreciated. Thank you.

#2 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

Exactly what model Motherboard do you have, exactly what RAM and what timings for said RAM do you have?
Exactly what PSU do you have (power supply).

Please list EXACT specs for your entire setup, after looking at that we can then look at other possible issues.

EDIT: try turning ambient occlusion off in Nvidia contorl panel settings, then test.
Check your Video settings for MWO and list those as well.

Also here is a user config file setup that will help a small bit for certain things.

cl_fov = 75
gp_option_ShowCockpitGlass=0
r_DepthOfField=0
r_HDRGrainAmount=0.0

Edited by Odins Fist, 13 May 2014 - 08:14 AM.

#3 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

dx9 or 11 ?

-try some modified user cfg files. there are a lot here on forums
- when your fps drops alt tab, go to task manager, performance - resource monitor and see if any of the resources is used up...you may see where the bottleneck is.

#4 Nick Rarang

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

I hate to be the one to break it to you but it's your AMD FX8320 bottlenecking your GTX770. Overclocking will ameliorate the low fps up to a certain degree. I run my fx8350 all the way up to 5.0ghz but in some maps such as crimson straight or river city, I get below 30fps dips in certain areas; but otherwise it's generally 50fps. The dips happen when gpu utilization drops below 90% because the cpu isn't fast enough to feed the gpu. I find dx11 better performing than dx9 as it makes it less CPU bound. I saw a 15 fps improvement in overclocking from 4 to 5ghz. I know that with the right cooling and reliable psu, the 8320 can achieve high overclocking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users