Paper Doll Reversal Option

41 replies to this topic

#41 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

View Postl33tworks, on 17 June 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

This is the most confusing and dumbest idea ever. No wonder I can never shoot the correct leg when one is gone and a mech is limping, especially in the heat of the moment.

Actually the current system makes more sense than the other way around. You need to think that all is subjective to your point of view as if you were pointing to "this part is my left" and "that mech's part that I see on the left".

Everything should be made relative to you or to the unit you are in. For instance, when you say the target is at 3 o'clock you don't need to state that it is relative to your team axis of direction, unless you specify a different reference.

With the current system the confusion is installed when you are chasing the mech that's being represented on your paper doll, for the right is left and the left is right. But if we flip the doll, the problem would be the same but when you are facing it.

Either way, it needs getting used to.

A possible more user friendly solution would be an adaptable paperdoll (maybe 3d with a color overlay on the mech stylized model).

#42 divinedisclaimer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

You guys can be really stupid sometimes.

Edited by divinedisclaimer, 20 June 2014 - 04:25 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users