400 replies to this topic

#201 WarGanisM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostJohan Krieger, on 20 May 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Dunno if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the new firestarter champion does not have a buy button, nor is it listed in the champion mech list. I've confirmed this with multiple other clan members.

Same here! I can see the Trial mech but no buy function and isn't represented anywhere in the Store....Am I missing something other than the obvious?

#202 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostFallenFactol, on 20 May 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

Does 3/3/3/3 or any variation of that simply encourage playing the heaviest mech in that weight class? Is there a huge difference between a 75 and 80 ton mech?

All I can go off to answer that is its arguably between the jagger and the phract for the best heavy mech , and the orion has the most tonnage.

Edited by Flaming oblivion, 20 May 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#203 BossFearless

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

Been trying for almost half an hour to get a match with no success. Guys, seriously, please stop trying to make 3-3-3-3 happen; it's not going to happen. Stop punishing people for playing their preferred weight class.

#204 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

View PostKirtanus, on 20 May 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

awfull treb customization. AC20 has size of ac2 from jager! really want modellers get more serious with style and emotions mech gives. its really feels bad. btw hero treb is nice.
Posted Image

All I can say is Machine Gun Bra.

#205 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 20 May 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

Alright everyone.

The good news is that we have made drastic improvements to our matchmaking system this patch, resulting in a much more stable deployment than before.

Following 3/3/3/3's release, our engineers took advantage of the changes introduced to run a series of tests with different maximum limits per class. This first started by increasing the limit from 3 to 4, then 5, 6 and onwards until we reached max 12. At this stage, we had found knock-on issues which suggest that we must re-investigate the algorithm further. It is worth noting similar issues could be encountered with any other rules system imposed on the matchmaker and have more to do with the increased complexity of that matchmaker system.

Class limits are now, once more disabled in the backend. News on Matchmaker will continue to be released as we draw closer and closer to having something that is not only stable and fair to the players and teams, but also provides reasonable wait times.

That is seriously pathetic. What do you have a test server for? Maybe you should run it more often instead of these stupid little stress tests.

TEST YOUR PATCHES!

#206 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Following 3/3/3/3's release...

You know, I'm getting quite a few flashbacks to R&R with this thing.

Introduced, then taken away on a patch by patch basis to tweak values... needless to say, it ended up going nowhere.

Why don't you create a system that randomly chooses ~20 mechs and throws them at the server algorithm every minute and catalogues the results with useful statistics you supposedly already collect when you put it up to players?

Wouldn't that be a bit more efficient than having to run tests at the expense of your own players in fairly limited time-periods and at set dates which are hardly efficient when it comes to building a good complex algorithm, which needs A LOT of revisions before it works within the performance set by the lead designer?

Edited by Adridos, 20 May 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#207 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

So 3/3/3/3 has been disabled again? Restarted the client, but I'm still getting very long wait times - 5 minutes now with no match.

#208 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 566 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

Lore would have the standard drop being 1A 2H 5M 4L; with the only exceptions being Steiner at 2A 4H 4M 2L and Kurita at 1A 4H 2M 5L.
Assaults would have a very, VERY long wait time. So that ain't happening.

#209 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

Alright everyone.

The good news is that we have made drastic improvements to our matchmaking system this patch, resulting in a much more stable deployment than before.

Following 3/3/3/3's release, our engineers took advantage of the changes introduced to run a series of tests with different maximum limits per class. This first started by increasing the limit from 3 to 4, then 5, 6 and onwards until we reached max 12. At this stage, we had found knock-on issues which suggest that we must re-investigate the algorithm further. It is worth noting similar issues could be encountered with any other rules system imposed on the matchmaker and have more to do with the increased complexity of that matchmaker system.

Class limits are now, once more disabled in the backend. News on Matchmaker will continue to be released as we draw closer and closer to having something that is not only stable and fair to the players and teams, but also provides reasonable wait times.

How about a ton system?

Sort of:
Both team have X tons (-/+ 5-10) of mechs. That way could be impossible to have all the Atlases in one team and all lights in the other.

I honestly find the 3/3/3/3 way clearly bad. Cause it basically means that ppl trying to play "fast-battle-cause-i-have-15mins-then-i-have-to-go" a mech in an overpopulated class (lights or assaults) has the same chance doing it.

Also this:

View PostRavensScar, on 20 May 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

So 3/3/3/3 has been disabled again? Restarted the client, but I'm still getting very long wait times - 5 minutes now with no match.

im having the same

Edited by DelphiAuriga, 20 May 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#210 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostAgroAntirrhopus, on 20 May 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

That's an AC20?! 8C That's tragic.

you need to activate windows to render the model correctly man

#211 BossFearless

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

Okay, seriously. I've been in the queue for 7 minutes now with the recommended mech class selected. Even when you follow the instructions of the pop up, it's still agonizingly slow. You shouldn't have to go out for dinner and a movie to kill time waiting for a match.

#212 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostKirtanus, on 20 May 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

awfull treb customization. AC20 has size of ac2 from jager! really want modellers get more serious with style and emotions mech gives. its really feels bad. btw hero treb is nice.
Posted Image

You mean like this from the Battletech website?
Posted Image
Those gatling weapons, left to right.
UAC/2, 3 barrels.
UAC/5, 4 barrels.
UAC/10, 5 barrels.
UAC/20, 6 barrels. o.O;

There aren't any rotary 10s or 20s so I know it's not those.

Edited by Koniving, 20 May 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#213 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

Just waited 20 mins. No drop. Still searching. Cancelled, and am retrying.

#214 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

any sign of a new map on the horizon ?, not bothered about new mechs i got plenty to get on with for now and doing plenty of damage with srms as well, what would be nice is a way of avoiding playing the same map 4 times in a row makes me wana just quit the match sometimes and its usually alpine or teratherma getting really board of those maps now :)

#215 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

So...when is the "hot fix" coming to make the game playable again?

#216 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

seriously guys every time you release a patch you ****** something up. Getting sorely tempted to ask for a refund and un-install

....(jokes)

#217 Aaron45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

Wow i feel pitty for all the people who bought the clan package recently..

I did leave the sinking ship 6 Months ago.. Hopefully some of you will make it either before it sinks with all ya money

#218 MechDog

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

So I've managed to actually get into 2 games in about 10 tries before I got tired of waiting (all while using the 'recommended' mech class) and either tried a different mech class, or simply decided I could sit and stare at a computer screen and not play mechwarrior later and went off to find something to do.

3/3/3/3 is a good idea that makes the game currently unplayable. Please try again.

#219 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

So, i'm heading home soon...should I not bother logging in tonight?

#220 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:04 PM

A system that may be more inline with the theory behind 3/3/3/3 would be one that adjusts after a specific amount of wait time building from lights to mediums, mediums to heavies, etc. -and- takes into account a somewhat liberal tonnage limit.

The concept is simple. You start matchmaking hoping for a 3/3/3/3 drop, but if the matchmaker finds 3/3/3/2 and a wait time threshold is met (something relatively low, like 45 seconds) it will move to a 3/3/4/2 grouping instead. If it moves up a class in this fashion and finds multiple players, it simply chooses the lightest one. This makes it at least semi-viable even if it is forced to move to a 3/4/3/2 grouping instead (I don't know many people that would argue fighting against an extra dragon or quickdraw if the alternative is an atlas or highlander). Doing this within a tonnage limit of somewhere between 765-800 would probably be ideal.

Obviously, any implementation where you try to even teams out in this manner (ie limiting their options so there isn't just 24 atlases running around in every match) requires a decent amount of players to be online all of the time.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users