Should I Learn To Use My Shadowhawks Or Use My Firebrand?

51 replies to this topic

#41 Sergeant Random

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 462 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

Dynamic structure is auto-filled by the mechbay. It just takes up "any" 14 free slots.

#42 RichRuzz

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 26 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

Any other Shadowhawk suggestions as I trudge onward to buying them all eventually? Hopefully want to get some solid damage as I don't know anyone who really plays this yet and have to carry PUG groups most of the time it seems so I gotta cause as much havoc as I can. (was doing so in my Dragonslayer but if I get caught it's GG)

#43 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

View PostRich Rusznak, on 21 May 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

Oh, and sorry for a dumb question for that build I can't get the "dynamic structure" to fit in the leftover of my legs and spots it's "supposed" to be in the build.

It moves on its own - if it doesn't - that is because there is no more room for it to move to.
Try testbuilding on Smurfy (which pulls its files from the game itself)
That would let you see the whole paper doll at once

View PostSergeant Random, on 21 May 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Im not sure artemis affects streaks. Because they didnt in the original Battletech games. I don't know how PGI implemented it exactly either. :unsure:

Currently (and for the foreseeable future) all homing attacks (LRM and SSRM) use the same mechanics - so the bonuses LRM get from Artemis also apply to SSRM. :ph34r:

#44 Sergeant Random

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 462 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Im sure we are all trying to help. But, http://mwomercs.com/...aks+and+artemis

#45 Sergeant Random

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 462 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

Oh. Ive read up a bit. It seems artemis giving bonuses to streaks may be an exploitable bug.

#46 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

View PostSergeant Random, on 21 May 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

Oh. Ive read up a bit. It seems artemis giving bonuses to streaks may be an exploitable bug.

Official word is (last I checked...) it is a bug - but not one you are going to get in trouble for using.

#47 Teela Zain Elmes

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNear planet Huntress

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

Better use them both.

#48 Sergeant Random

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 462 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

Hey Rich, if you can afford to spend MC for a Dragon Slayer, you can spend MC for chassis and save your cbills for upgrades/customization.

Yeah, Shar, now I know what was missing from my 2erllas 4streak2 shd-2d2. I was wondering if I was jump-turning wrong or if my laptop wasnt good enough. :ph34r: lol.

#49 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

tssss why wasting money?! Spend your Cbills for the standart Victor, same effect!

#50 Sergeant Random

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 462 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

Coz cbills is moneys? LoL. Ive long wondered if victors are good for grinding cbills. (Will probably get them when time permits). But as far as I can tell experimenting with them in smurfys, they must be at least good for grinding the reds into scrap. I could imagine them having good ROI...

#51 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

To answer already answered question: Artemis decreases lock on time of missiles. LRMs and SSRMs share the same lock mechanic. Artemis only increases the lock on time for SSRMs, and is a tonnage free upgrade. I always recommend Artemis with SSRMs.

From what I had last read (which may have changed or I could be incorrect), this isn't a bug nor an exploit. It was semi-intentional, as they didn't wish to create two separate lock on systems for the weapons.

#52 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

View PostRich Rusznak, on 21 May 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

Any other Shadowhawk suggestions as I trudge onward to buying them all eventually? Hopefully want to get some solid damage as I don't know anyone who really plays this yet and have to carry PUG groups most of the time it seems so I gotta cause as much havoc as I can. (was doing so in my Dragonslayer but if I get caught it's GG)

The popular SHD-2K builds seem to be either 3 streaks + 2PPC, 3 streaks + 2 LL/ERLL, or a combination of LRMs with TAG, BAP, and 2 MLS. I'd probably go 2xALRM15,1xALRM5.

If I ran a 2D, I'd probably load it with an AC10+PPC+2xML, AC10+2xPPC, AC20+2xML in the left arm, or AC20+3xML. Maybe Gauss+2xML in the left arm. The missile hardpoints aren't as good on this.

2D2 I vary a bit but tend to focus on a big ballistic or missiles--1xALRM15, 1xALRM10, 1xALRM5. Or AC10+PPC. Or AC20+2xML. Or AC10+3xSRM4. Or AC10+4xSRM4. Or AC10+2LL. Or LBX10+2LL. Occasionally Gauss+2xML or 2xLL.

The M is good for 2xAC5+PPC.

I like to run the 2H with LPL, 3xStreak, 3xMG but might switch to SRMs if hit reg gets fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users