Shooting At My Team Mate ...

12 replies to this topic

#1 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts
  • LocationTamo daleko ...

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

Last time i dropped an arty on my team mates not noticing that the in match chat is not working so when i wanted to type a message to my team i activated air strike on their heads,now i managed to shoot up like crazy my own team mate in Yen Lo Wang on Forrest Colony map,thinking that he was an enemy because there was no friend or foe triangle indicator above his mech,which made me think that there was an enemy ecm around,cloaking him,so i started unloading my ac2 and ac5 combo into his back ... and match before that my in match chat didnt work ... again ... I dont know,it just seems to me that PGI is lately just mass producing mechs and bugs,will they ever stop that and start developing and expanding this game ...

#2 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:02 AM

View PostEyesBurn, on 23 May 2014 - 04:01 AM, said:

Last time i dropped an arty on my team mates not noticing that the in match chat is not working so when i wanted to type a message to my team i activated air strike on their heads,now i managed to shoot up like crazy my own team mate in Yen Lo Wang on Forrest Colony map,thinking that he was an enemy because there was no friend or foe triangle indicator above his mech,which made me think that there was an enemy ecm around,cloaking him,so i started unloading my ac2 and ac5 combo into his back ... and match before that my in match chat didnt work ... again ... I dont know,it just seems to me that PGI is lately just mass producing mechs and bugs,will they ever stop that and start developing and expanding this game ...

your eyes burn as a result of something not game related...

#3 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:10 AM

...read the post again and stop trolling,if you dont have anything useful to say,then just stop your trolling urges and dont do it ... @ Gorgo

#4 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:12 AM

The friend or foe bug is highly annoying. Had in the past some problems with it too.

#5 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 23 May 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

your eyes burn as a result of something not game related...

Wow
Posted Image

#6 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

I had the same problem with the friend or foe bug not showing a triangle over another mech. The first time well I almost legged a fire starter, till I saw the hay you are hitting me. Then chatted no IFF on firestarter.

That is when I first noticed this bug.

I just have not noticed an enemy mech without an IFF tag yet.

#7 Scam Newton

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

Was he AFK at match start? they should give you bonus xp for it in that case :P

#8 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

Just wanted to chime in here as I have had this bug happen to me off and on since about 2-3 patches ago. I haven't killed anyone yet because of it but it definitely happens/still is happening. 3 days ago I was unloaded on by a teammate because of his bug, I typed "hey stop shooting at me" and he explained I had no triangle over my had so he assumed I was an enemy. I told him no worries as that bug has happened to me.

As a related side note, I wonder how many friendly fire incidents are because of this bug. Try not to get too huffy puffy if you get shot by friendlies. There is a difference between someone shooting an alpha into your back at the start of a match which is clearly intentional and someone shooting you because of an in game bug or an accident.

Edited by Siegegun, 23 May 2014 - 08:51 AM.

#9 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

Just think b4 you shoot. Can there bee an enemy after 5sec of playtime? Yes I got also attacked. I made it out with destroyed weapons and open XL Torso. I asked why. He claimed that i had been red for him.

No. Enemys are not dropping on the same spot.

Just think b4 you shoot.

#10 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

I am said Yen Lo Wang player and no I was very much awake, I was leading down cave side with him behind when it happened, and I was pretty miffed haha. Just thought I'd pop in and say its okay Eyesburn, I forgive you sir and wouldn't mind rolling in Cents with you.

#11 nightsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

You missed last nights conversation obviously. They are coming out with a new premium package of Bugs. You asked for it you got it.

#12 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

2 weeks ago I Alpha'd a Jenner a couple times with my Thunderbolt about 90 seconds into a match. He was pissed, not that I blame him. I told him he had no IFF, and then I put a ticket in with PGI. I have yet to hear back from them.

#13 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostArtaire, on 23 May 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

I am said Yen Lo Wang player and no I was very much awake, I was leading down cave side with him behind when it happened, and I was pretty miffed haha. Just thought I'd pop in and say its okay Eyesburn, I forgive you sir and wouldn't mind rolling in Cents with you.
Thank you a lot,means much to me,not everyone on this world should think that i am a douchebag ... :P

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 23 May 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

Just think b4 you shoot. Can there bee an enemy after 5sec of playtime? Yes I got also attacked. I made it out with destroyed weapons and open XL Torso. I asked why. He claimed that i had been red for him.

No. Enemys are not dropping on the same spot.

Just think b4 you shoot.
marc,i spawned in bravo or charlie lance on Forrest Colony map,near water side,Artaire already runned to the arch,near tunnel,while i was waiting where assaults will go.They moved left towards water and i slowly walked around corner to the right to see if anybody will come out of tunnel,then i saw Yen Lo Wang running around bellow arch,no triangle above him,i just thought on instinct,someones ecm is hiding him,just shut up and shoot (and the distance between him and me was above 300 meters,he wasnt standing just next to me from the spawn itself),then he typed something like "stop shooting at me you idiot" and only then i realized what happened.And i wouldnt even realize what happened that fast if the same thing didnt happened to me yesterday,only that time it was with my mate that i was grouped in,there was no indicator on him also and it didnt show him on my radar either.In all honesty i was surprised when i saw Yen Lo (Artaire) appear that fast,but common,who would think that he is your team mate in that kind of situation.Now that i think about it,it probably didnt show him on my radar too,i couldnt even see by that if he is ours or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users