If i pay now, will i be able to play the game till release?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Acid Lemonade

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

I got no betakey, i'm thinking about buying the game, i wanna know few things before buying the game:

1) Will i be able to play the game? The beta will be open till release or is just for few days?
2) Is the game pay2win?

I want something to play for the next few months.

#2 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

It's not pay to win, it's still in closed beta, if you buy now - you can't play until August 7th

#3 HepatitisTK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSpace-Jello!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

I forget exactly when they'll start doing this but I believe sometime in July they're gonna start pulling random founders people into the closed beta stage 2. if you dont get selected for that then you'll have to wait till august 7th when the open beta begins.

#4 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostListless Nomad, on 20 June 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

It's not pay to win, it's still in closed beta, if you buy now - you can't play until August 7th

Which is still earlier than everyone else, plus you get permanent XP and Cbill (in game currency) boosts with the $60 and $120 packs. and all of them get you some of the real life paid currency. ($40 or $60 worth) in game, as well as a cool forum badge thing. The legendary pack get s your name in the credits.

And the game may be around for years. lol. it is a multiplayer title after all, with continual new releases of content.

#5 Chupacabra

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCrawfordsville, IN

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Unless the magic fairy pony brings you a closed beta key...pending...so sad!

#6 Easily

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostChupacabra, on 20 June 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

Unless the magic fairy pony brings you a closed beta key...pending...so sad!

******, knew I shouldn't have shot that pink thing on my lawn.

#7 Vaan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

Well.. if the Open Beta starts at august 7th and the expiry date for the founder package ends before that.. Doesn't it seems we are being force to buy now? What happen if the Open Beta is different from what we want?

#8 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

The devs has said that purchasing a founder's pack gives you a better chance of being selected in phase 2 of the beta. But even if you don't get selected it's ok because you'll get access come 7th August.

#9 Vaan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

That's the point.. what happen if i want to buy after trying out the beta but the founder package ends before or on start of beta?

#10 TheCommicalOne

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

I forget, is the game going to be free to play, but you can buy in game money (C-Bills) with real world money to improve your game experience, or do i have to pay in the first place to even start playing the game? And if i do have to pay to play, how much do i have to pay?

#11 Lou Cypher

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBrowning, Missouri

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostVaan, on 20 June 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

That's the point.. what happen if i want to buy after trying out the beta but the founder package ends before or on start of beta?

That is a decision you will have to make. Buy now and take the chance, or wait and miss the chance to have founder tags. I for one went all out on the belief that they will give me a game worth playing. Considering most games release at $60 for consoles these days I feel it was well worth dropping 2 games worth of cash for the offered packages.

#12 e v i l

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostLou Cypher, on 20 June 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

That is a decision you will have to make. Buy now and take the chance, or wait and miss the chance to have founder tags. I for one went all out on the belief that they will give me a game worth playing. Considering most games release at $60 for consoles these days I feel it was well worth dropping 2 games worth of cash for the offered packages.

and that's where this becomes almost shady - drawing people into spending up to $120 with so much of this game unseen. and for MOST people - unplayed...

make no mistake i'm realllllly looking forward to this - but the video of gameplay is only half the equation.

i've been playing world of tanks since beta - almost 2 years now? and i spend about 100 bucks every 3 months on it - a price i feel isnt outrageous.

but i've seen the game - i know how the World of Tanks matchmaker works - how the matches are set up..how teams are picked. its not just the 10-15 minutes of shooting your gun that matters. And PLEASE believe i know this is not a world of tanks clone - but what i just mentioned MATTERS. and maybe i've missed the forum posts on here that explain that, but i haven't seen them yet.

not letting people choose to support the developers by buying a founders package AFTER open beta starts is really pretty awful - it is milking - and seriously just taking advantage of- open enthusiasm and starry-eyed fandom.

until BETA is over with - all of the founders packages should be available. Let people open their wallets based on a sound decision and not just epic fanboy o-m-g-do-want-ism.

Edited by e v i l, 20 June 2012 - 08:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users