#1 Vajrabhairava

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEurope/germany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

Hey and hello there @pgi,

beside all the trouble heres just a small matter to fix if possible. Since last patch free cofiguration of joysticks/controllers, i.e. assignement of x-/y- (etc.) axises, is broken/crippled.

Its not possible anymore to i.e. assign y-axis to "throttle up" control. Seems like assignement of controller/joystick axises is bound fix to 1st control-section (that is: Torso twist/pitch and analog throttle/turn).

I would like to ask you of pgi politly if it is possible that you could fix that "error" or whatever it might be and return controller-config to a non-bound and more individual sort of configuration mode?

It may be only a small matter but this particular restriction on the assignement of controler commands really has an impact not to underestimate on the individual playstyle and ability to exercise full control in piloting once mech.

As sort of explanation I can say I use to play MWO with stick and mouse, controling movement with stick and torso with mouse. With the option of configuring y-axis as "throttle up" missing and the avaible "workaround" configs for stick a sort of intuitive, natural and player-friendly control-configuaration for piloting has been lost/is broken into pieces.
The alternatives given are very different in handling and playability and do not really replace the operability of the former configuration mentioned above.

So I would be really greatful if you of pgi could earnestly consider to restore the former (free) configureability of the controller/joystick commands setting.

In advance I would like to thank you very much for your time and effort at least to read this post to the end.

With best regards
yours
Vajrabhairava

#2 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

Have you submitted a support ticket on this as well?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users