I Like The Trebuchet Visual Weapon Customization

11 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,381 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

This is the Feedback Forum so a feed back that i like them so far.
My Treb looks better now :D

#2 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

Yeh, pretty nice remodel.

I hope they hit up the Dragon and Blackjack with some love sometime soon.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

My one and only gripe about the Trebuchet is the AC barrel sizes.

That said I love how the missiles get arranged on the arms, especially the Trebuchet's right arm. I just wish there wasn't as much 'solid black' as it says "aim here to hit my side torso."

View PostMister D, on 21 May 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

Yeh, pretty nice remodel.

I hope they hit up the Dragon and Blackjack with some love sometime soon.

Dragon, Cataphract, Awesome, Commando. Stalker too.

Blackjack technically had said love, but it needs some adjustments.

Edited by Koniving, 22 May 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#4 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

I love the new modeling of the Treb... the AC/2 on the 7K variant looks more like a machine gun than an autocannon... but I haven't seen what an AC/10 looks on it so... yeah, good job Art Dept! :D

#5 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 21 May 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

I love the new modeling of the Treb... the AC/2 on the 7K variant looks more like a machine gun than an autocannon... but I haven't seen what an AC/10 looks on it so... yeah, good job Art Dept! :ph34r:

AC/10 and AC/5 share a model... but the LB/10-X looks badass.

So chalk me up as another person who loves the Trebbie remodel. Feels nice to have some positive feedback on this patch.

#6 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Gonna have to try the LB-10X on my 7K variant :wub: It's been setup with an EP PPC, AC/2, and SRM6 for the longest time and I managed to do quite well with it before storing it away after I mastered the Treb variants

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 21 May 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

I love the new modeling of the Treb... the AC/2 on the 7K variant looks more like a machine gun than an autocannon... but I haven't seen what an AC/10 looks on it so... yeah, good job Art Dept! :wub:

Truth be told, the MG in BT is 20 to 25 mm. The AC/2 is depending on the variant 30 to 80mm. But none of them are single shot (so yeah). So the AC/2 size is artistically correct with BT, but not with MWO.

For MWO's damage per shot to match up, the AC/2 must be 150mm, where the Chemjet Gun is 150mm and required 10 shots at 2 damage each to do 20 damage. (Its fun to note, the 120mm AC/5 is 3 shot, the AC/10 120mm is 6 shot, and the AC/20 120mm is 12 shot. All 120mm weapons evidently do 1.666666666666667 damage per shot precisely.)

AC/5s vary from 40mm to 120mm. AC/10s 80 to 120mm. AC/20s 100 to 185mm (up to 203 for UAC/20s.)

There's an exception for Pontiac autocannons, the 50 (AC/10) and the 100 (AC/20) require the exact number of shots that the 30mm AC/2 would need to reach their damage. (30mm is in its lore, 10 shots to 2 damage. As it happens, Pontiac 50 is 50 shots to a magazine, and one magazine to do 10 damage. Pontiac 100 is 100 shots to a magazine and one magazine to do 20 damage. As it so happens in all 3 cases, the bullets do 0.2 damage per shot and their ranges are respective of their recoil). Victors carry the Pontiac 100. It's awesome reading about the manual reload process that they go through every time they fire it.

Edited by Koniving, 22 May 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#8 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

Too many numbers... brain... hurtz... running... away... help! LOL :D I'm a huge BT nut... but even I don't let my brain absorb meaningless info about a game I'll never likely need to remember :wub: BT Weapons have always been wonky when it comes to Autocannons... and mostly not logical when comparing those to real life weaponry. I can shoot a machine gun more than 180 meters in real life with some accuracy... a BattleMech however can't seem to do this, but it's a game and I accept that

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 22 May 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Too many numbers... brain... hurtz... running... away... help! LOL :lol: I'm a huge BT nut... but even I don't let my brain absorb meaningless info about a game I'll never likely need to remember :D BT Weapons have always been wonky when it comes to Autocannons... and mostly not logical when comparing those to real life weaponry. I can shoot a machine gun more than 180 meters in real life with some accuracy... a BattleMech however can't seem to do this, but it's a game and I accept that

I've been working on how to redo the game if I were designing it, so when I do design my own I'll have something considerably more balanced.

However, the lore to MGs was a bit more peculiar. Depending on the type of MG and the mech, there were various reasons. The most common was that most of the MGs on mechs never aimed 'straight', but 45 degrees downward toward the ground. Which makes sense, you have it for killing infantry and rattling vehicles not mechs. One specifically swivelled back and forth like a sprinkler, spraying the ground while the pilot was drinking coffee from a thermos with his attention on enemy movements on the horizon.

In other words, no attention given to the MGs, that particular one just swung left and right spraying bullets while he held its button on his joystick. Nothing more, nothing less. This lets the pilot maintain his attention to what really matters instead of the enemies on the ground near his feet. :wub:

#10 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

So tried different looks on my 7K. I put an LRM 20 in the right arm.... there were 20 tubes. With this change they made the 7K more useful when it came to using that missle arm. In the past all it was good for was SRM2 or Streaks. Also the 7M single tube that had the narc now can show more tubes. I wont have to only use a streak there now as well for the hardpoint to full potential. :wub:

Trebs are lookin boss now to me, especially that hero.

Edited by Sevronis, 22 May 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostKoniving, on 21 May 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

My one and only gripe about the Trebuchet is the AC barrel sizes.

That said I love how the missiles get arranged on the arms, especially the Trebuchet's right arm. I just wish there wasn't as much 'solid black' as it says "aim here to hit my side torso."

Sad, but true.

Dragon, Cataphract, Awesome, Commando. Stalker too.

Blackjack technically had said love, but it needs some adjustments.

BJ was the first mech after the Highlander IIRC... so it doesn't AFAIK. I remember trying to build a BJ and figured out if I wanted to limit my FOV on both sides or just one side when putting a pair of PPCs on it.

You're forgetting about the Spider that needs the change.

In any case, the only real negative about the changes outside of the Highlander-like 7K torso weapon placeholders, is that the LRM15 looks bad on the missile arms. Take a look at the stock loadouts in the mechlab... you'd think they had LRM10s.

Edit: Never mind... I'm counting them wrong.

Edited by Deathlike, 23 May 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 May 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

BJ was the first mech after the Highlander IIRC... so it doesn't AFAIK. I remember trying to build a BJ and figured out if I wanted to limit my FOV on both sides or just one side when putting a pair of PPCs on it.

It needs adjustments in that the PPCs are poorly sized (the side torso ones huge but short barrelled (Snub Nose PPC shotgun anyone? There's a reason they're not supposed to be short barrel as it changes the weapon.) and the arm ones thin but long; make up your mind PGI). The ACs are all exactly the same size, and the UAC/5 bullet is larger in diameter than the entire UAC/5. The MG's barrel is large enough to fit two out of three UAC/5 barrels inside of.

To add a video.

Pause it when a UAC/5 fires, look at that shot! O_O!

On this image, the UAC/5 bullet is just barely able to fit inside these barrels.
Posted Image

But what we have for the BJ
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

o.O;

Edited by Koniving, 23 May 2014 - 11:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users