Rejoin A Crashed Match

5 replies to this topic

Poll: Rejoin A Crashed Match (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Agree with the suggestion?

1. Yes (25 votes [96.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 96.15%

2. No (1 votes [3.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

3. Other solution (please type in the reply) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:00 AM

Well, not that this helps a lot but should be a good thing to add to prevent odd number of pilots on the teams.

Be it in pugs, 4-man or even 12-man matches, there is a risk of crashing while the map is loading.

Usually when a match starts with less than 12 pilots, means someone crashed to mechlab/desktop while trying to load the map.
How about providing a window of 3 minutes (in case of a system reboot needed) for that person to rejoin the match and fill that 12th pilot spot?

So in a way, creating a window from 15 to 12 minutes where someone can rejoin the game.

This is regarding crashes while loading the map.

Thoughts?

#2 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

Edit: I agree with OP

Edited by Almighty Cico, 15 April 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

I thought the launch module was supposed to add this functionality.

my opinion is people should be able to reconnect if disconnected but only in the mech they were in before the disconnect, and that mech should have been in game the whole time, so if you dropped in an as7-d-dc and someone stripped it after you d/c you could end up reconnecting in a mech with no weapons, no armor and only 1 leg

#4 Ningyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

yeah rather amazed they haven't made it possible to do this yet, probably solve over half the disconnect problems.

#5 Rapture00

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

Why isn't this a standard? I mean its kinda dumb if you get kicked off by bug or regular DC and your mech is still in game and alive. you should be able to rejoin

#6 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostRapture00, on 19 May 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

Why isn't this a standard? I mean its kinda dumb if you get kicked off by bug or regular DC and your mech is still in game and alive. you should be able to rejoin

I believe some people would find a way to explore this feature if you did it at any time in the match.
Hence why I suggested it would happen only on the first 3 minutes of the match, nothing usually happens near the spawn points on the first 3 minutes, so the pilot would be safe to join to a new (or almost new) mech and help the team instead of leaving the team crippled by one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users