#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

Greetings everyone!

As you can see, we've added a Clan (chat) section to our forums. The reason for this is to give a specific place to talk about Clan related issues, such as:
  • Favourite Clan mech
  • Favourite Clan
  • Clan Tech
And so on. So please, enjoy!

#2 GreyGriffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationQuatre Belle (originally from Lum)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

We're being ghettoized!

But seriously, as the Clans are a good ways away in terms of real time to implementation in MWO, it's probably a good idea to segregate discussion, especially as the Suggestions/General boards are getting so cluttered with Clan speculation.

#3 Glare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 192 posts
  • LocationAtreus

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

This should work splendidly to keep the more of the 'slightly crispy' threads out of General Discussion.

Yay~

#4 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

So, Garth are you the IlKhan, quiaff? The main Clan brain in MWO? :)

*edit* okay, i had just popped on the boards from being at the inlaws for dinner, and saw Clan section and jumped right on it, I see who you are now... oh... i Understand, You go big kahunas brother! BUT you also get to manage one of the most awesome communities ever to spring up on the webs!

Edited by CoffiNail, 17 November 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#5 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Nice, I'll be setting up shop here then :)

#6 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:50 AM

Indeed. *cough*contraction*cough*

#7 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 18 November 2011 - 05:50 AM, said:

Indeed. *cough*contraction*cough*

I am practicing so the Inner Sphere barbarians will understand me when I issue a challenge.

#8 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:10 AM

LAWL :) Understood.

#9 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:17 AM

No excuses, why dishonor ourselves to bring our speech to that of the barbarians of the Inner Sphere, they who destroyed that which our founders cherished? Neg, I will still shudder every time I hear even a freebirth lower caste member use a contraction, now a Trueborn, learn to speak properly, quiaff? :)

#10 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

Indeed coffinail, though I would expect such attitude from the Wolves. I would never dishonor myself in such a way, when the Inner Sphere is dishonorable it only strengthens the resolve of the righteous.

#11 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 18 November 2011 - 06:17 AM, said:

No excuses, why dishonor ourselves to bring our speech to that of the barbarians of the Inner Sphere, they who destroyed that which our founders cherished? Neg, I will still shudder every time I hear even a freebirth lower caste member use a contraction, now a Trueborn, learn to speak properly, quiaff? :)

Aff, but do not ask me to translate when your barbaric opponents cannot understand you :D

#12 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

Barbarians often have trouble understanding the more civilized populations, it is not my problem they have bombed themselves in to such a sad state.

#13 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:44 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 18 November 2011 - 06:17 AM, said:

No excuses, why dishonor ourselves to bring our speech to that of the barbarians of the Inner Sphere, they who destroyed that which our founders cherished? Neg, I will still shudder every time I hear even a freebirth lower caste member use a contraction, now a Trueborn, learn to speak properly, quiaff? ;)

You can come back to the main forum in a couple of years ^_^

#14 ClaySniper

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Locationat my computer

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

i have a major question.
what is your guy's favorite CLAN
and clan mech

(clan, Ghost Bear)
(clan mech, Timberwolf)
O/

#15 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

You will notice there are a few topics on both those subjects;

#16 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

May I recommend that a list of the extant clans (invading and homeworld) in 3049 be posted here so that Jihad and DA era players do not bring in elements that are not part of BT canon up to September 3067? (like mentioning Clan Sea Fox - which I do not observe). I maintain that canon up to 3067 is all there is - the future fiction is created by the playerbase - not a publishing company. I will submit that alternative timelines are okay, but they have to stay out of canon (unless they are on different servers) until October 3067.

#17 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 21 January 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

May I recommend that a list of the extant clans (invading and homeworld) in 3049 be posted here so that Jihad and DA era players do not bring in elements that are not part of BT canon up to September 3067? (like mentioning Clan Sea Fox - which I do not observe). I maintain that canon up to 3067 is all there is - the future fiction is created by the playerbase - not a publishing company. I will submit that alternative timelines are okay, but they have to stay out of canon (unless they are on different servers) until October 3067.

Ehm, excuse me? You are wanting to prohibit the use of Clan Sea Fox, and other very much canon, wether we like it or not. THE IP is not going to just restart magically in 3067 one day. Crap happened and this is the outcome Catalyst was dealt and I feel they do a fine job.

I know we all have our opinions, but I think with PGI working closely with Catalyst to make the game canon, it will be Catalyst Canon, WHICH is FASA canon. Yes some do not like it, Hell my fatherinlaw thinking good got me some 'mechwarrior' figures. Three packs of dark ages things. It is there, not going anywhere so sorry, if players wish they can have. Plus Gremlich, which would you prefer people going under Clan Sea Fox or under Clan Friendly Sea Ponies?

#18 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Prohibiting Clan Sea Fox from 3049 -3067 unreasonable? Are you serious? CSF is not canon until 3100 (except as a footnote in canon CDS history and not in the invasion story line).

Here is the logic trail: The "new" CSF did not appear until 3100 in the Catalyst timeline and so actually has no place in this reboot which begins 3049. To allow CSF would be to fundamentally change existing FASA canon which Catalyst's is based on. Until that 3100 date (a difference of 51 years), according to whatever Canon you subscribe to, there should only be the Diamond Sharks not Sea Fox. After 3067, I say the path is open to create new canon. To reiterate, Catalyst's canon is not FASA canon, but it IS the other way around (FASA is the base canon for the Catalyst timeline).

So, me asking that a listing of extant pre-3068 Clans be provided to avoid deviation from canon is not unreasonable from a canon standpoint.

I understand people want what they want and another MW-based planetary league is what I am hoping for. Frankly, I can think of a better canon story line than what Whizkidz and Catalyst have produced (po moyemu), one in which the Clans succeed in bringing about the return of the true Star League. What was produced post 3067 is reminicient of The Foundation story by Azimov, and so not very original nor overly creative. Hammer's Slammers is a better storyline for BT post 3067.

#19 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

I would like to point out something I posted over at the MW:LL forums regarding using the information in the BT/CBT milieu:

I have to point this out....
It is spelled "canon", not "cannon", unless you are referring to ordnance

The proper spelling for the word that means "material that is considered to be genuine" is "canon". A "cannon" is either A large mounted weapon that fires heavy projectiles (a gun, howitzer, or mortar) or an aircraft weapon that fires explosive shells. The former is what the BT material is considered, the Longtom is an example of the latter. (BTW, both are nouns) Start using the proper word for the proper discussion.

If you are willing to argue that you can spell it the way you want because others will know what you mean, do not waste our time. This is not a situation like "lie" and "lie" which are two words that mean different things despite the same spelling. One is a noun (a lie), the other a verb (to lay down) in that case.

Also - you Clansmen out there should start using "Clansman" or "Clansmen" to describe yourself and your brethren respectively vice "Clanners". The term "Clanners" is an IS perjorative and you denegrate yourself as a Clansman if you use it. Time to get into character.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 13 February 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#20 MrMagoo74

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationisle of wight

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:47 AM

At what point do we add our clan logo..? do we wait for invites or just choose a clan? chris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users