Why Can't I Drive A Battlemaster Effectively?

21 replies to this topic

#21 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 30 May 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

If you are running an LRM boat without any close quarters weapons, you're doing it wrong.

+ In a pug.

You can absolutely be running an LRM boat without any close quarters weapons and be doing it right, if you're not alone.

If you're in a PUG, though, then the above is absolutely true.

#22 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 23 May 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

As a rule of thumb (exceptions exist, particularly when brawling) never back up in an assault. Move forward, keep moving, twist and turn, but never back up. If you get to a point where you need to stop and back up, you're probably already dead. It just takes too long.

1 of these exceptions is to back up after you have taken a good amount of damage. I read that u run an XL3xx engine. I run a XL380 in one of mine, and a XL400 in another. You have the speed that you can back peddle just enough for another mech to start taking the brunt of the enemies firepower. I'm not saying retreat, just back up a bit to spread damage around. The more mechs alive during a fight. the better. and if you can lure enemy mechs into the swarm of your allies, then it gets easier to focus them down and kill them.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users