131 replies to this topic

#21 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

Masakari collection for me too, in for a penny.....

#22 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

None. I've been holding off because pre-order trinkets don't attract me, and I'm not confident they can fix the game in time to warrant such massive purchases I'll be able to grind in the future. Phoenix package taught me to only spend money on camo and paint.

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 May 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I couldn't afford any of them - so I traded helping my sister with her house for the next few months for the Warhawk pack.
(babysitting, housecleaning and the like)

If she hadn't been willing to do that (gave her a reason not to buy more toys for her son) I would be waiting for the Cbill versions, or more likely waiting to /fight/ the Cbill versions.

good trade. Since the Masakari Pack is like a months wages for most people down here, that would be hard for me to replicate. I am still debating the Timberwolf..... but I figure I might just wait for the Hero, and if it indeed is the Pryde, buy it, then swap the TWolf S torsos onto it.

#24 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

Wonder how Clan Heroes will work with the part-swapping.

That would really punch holes in the potential "PTW" nature of Aidan's mech - but make actually making them unique all the harder

#25 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 May 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

Wonder how Clan Heroes will work with the part-swapping.

That would really punch holes in the potential "PTW" nature of Aidan's mech - but make actually making them unique all the harder

Yeah, but with the exception of the JJ's, the Pryde build really isn't that exotic. Jump Packs should be standard equipment one can purchase and put on a mech. They're fairly cheap and give you temporary jump capability.

I really wanted to buy a Stormcrow or Timberwolf. I did. But the horrific handling of the last 2 patches left me cautious. And now...the Nova looks like some cobbled together IS crap. I guess PGI can't handle making a mech that doesn't have a torso to twist. And if we're not allowed to modify the engines at all, ton for ton, the IS is going to be faster.

I'm looking forward to the Clans and I'm looking forward to being able to get them for Cbills...it's just that grinding simply isn't fun anymore. Same maps, same broken matchmaker, same one sided roflstomps, same overpowered meta builds....no progression of any kind except PGI Stock.....er...Cbills....

Edited by Willard Phule, 24 May 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#26 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 May 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

Yeah, but with the exception of the JJ's, the Pryde build really isn't that exotic.

How many Heroes were though?
Lets face it - the bulk of (even famous) pilots either drove stock, or frankenmechs built from battlefield salvage.

There is a reason Yen-Lo-Wang is the most famous "Hero" chassis in the lore.

As for the grind - when a game becomes a grind, that would be when I stop playing it.

If it is a game I like, I eventually come back to it (still pulling out my Pokemon Red cart for example) but I at least give it a break.

Edit: removed something I realized could be interpreted very different than how I meant it,

Edited by Shar Wolf, 24 May 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#27 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

I went up to the Thor pack. I felt the need to get a pack of some kind because the Inner Sphere is boring and I don't want to grind until my hair is grey. But, I didn't go any higher because I can't currently justify it due to lack of information and other factors.

#28 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:43 PM

I did not purchase any. They had no deal under $120 that had mechs I really wanted and a la carte is just not a good deal in my opinion. And so I wait for cbill releases.

#29 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 May 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

Yeah, but with the exception of the JJ's, the Pryde build really isn't that exotic. Jump Packs should be standard equipment one can purchase and put on a mech. They're fairly cheap and give you temporary jump capability.

I really wanted to buy a Stormcrow or Timberwolf. I did. But the horrific handling of the last 2 patches left me cautious. And now...the Nova looks like some cobbled together IS crap. I guess PGI can't handle making a mech that doesn't have a torso to twist. And if we're not allowed to modify the engines at all, ton for ton, the IS is going to be faster.

I'm looking forward to the Clans and I'm looking forward to being able to get them for Cbills...it's just that grinding simply isn't fun anymore. Same maps, same broken matchmaker, same one sided roflstomps, same overpowered meta builds....no progression of any kind except PGI Stock.....er...Cbills....

TBH, almost none of the Hero's minus the YLW, are even remotely based off the actual mech in Lore. I would say that as long as they based it closely, it would be fine.

And since we have heard no mention of jumppacks as a feature, or omni JJs, one must assume, what you brought is what you got. So if that is the case, and if no other JJ version of a TWolf was available, it would be pretty much impossible to bring it to life, and it is arguably the most famous TWolf in Btech lore (As stated in the Blood of Kerensky trilogy, the TWolf Vlad lioted was not even his normal mech and had been assigned specifically for that mission on the Rock)

#30 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 May 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

(As stated in the Blood of Kerensky trilogy, the TWolf Vlad lioted was not even his normal mech and had been assigned specifically for that mission on the Rock)

Did any of the books talk about what his usual mech was?

None of the (very few!) ones I have mention it.
In fact they only put him in a mech twice - the Rock, and his short time in an Executioner during Phelan's trial.

#31 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 May 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Did any of the books talk about what his usual mech was?

None of the (very few!) ones I have mention it.
In fact they only put him in a mech twice - the Rock, and his short time in an Executioner during Phelan's trial.

It was simply said he usually piloted something that better suited the composition of his Star. So...not really, though in later books, specifically after he was bloodnamed he did pilot a TWolf again. Of course, as the favored heavy mech of Clan Wolf, no real shock.

#32 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

Uller.

Then Masakari.

Then Masakari refund.

If we see hard points/omnipod rules in detail, that may change (back or to a la carte).

I need to know more. Like, a lot more.

#33 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

I like to buy mech with c-bills as much as possible. Unfortunately, it'll take until October for the mechs I really want to be available, so I'm probably gonna buy the Stormcrow a la carte to hold me over.

Edited by Gigastrike, 24 May 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#34 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

Is it weird that the Kit Fox appeals to me more than the others do right now?

I am looking forward to trying it's stock loadout. :)

#35 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

Summoner because it was my favorite to play in Virtual World. Stormcrow because I like mediums.

And I felt I'd enjoyed the game enough over the past 5 months spend something on it.

#36 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

Uller pack cus I love my light mechs and await the challenge. Might have gotten the Adder if it was $30 as well but yeah...

#37 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 24 May 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

Might have gotten the Adder if it was $30 as well but yeah...

Saw someone do the math - and if the in game prices are close to lore - that and the Kit Fox are the only two that buying A-La-Carte would be more expensive than buying with MC.

#38 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

[color=#959595]Masakari Collection[/color]

#39 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

i caved in and got the daishi package, i was going to just a la carte the daishi and the thor but i figured not much more and i could get 8 more mechs and some other stuff....i wish i wasn't week willed and real bad with money.
my character in lore is a davion based merc, and was fortunate enough to find a stash of these mechs

#40 Lucy Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

Masakari collection.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users