#21 Sharknoms

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 129 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

View PostCorwin Vickers, on 25 May 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

Focus on helping your team win more often than it loses. This will raise your Elo.

Then you will be out of Elo hell and you won't see very many LRMs.

Profit

And then he gets into this wierd PPC/AC Meta because "competive"

#22 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

LRM spam, along with some other factors, is why I am disconnecting from MWO again, and no longer planning to go through my Clan set purchases.

#23 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

Problem is PGI's meta

#24 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:16 AM

View PostKhobai, on 25 May 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

Because theyre a minority faction. Steiner and Davion are by far the most popular factions and will always win these type of events just by virtue of having way more players.

You lack of commitment disappoints me... (true as it may be)

#25 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:06 AM

Well now, That explains why i kept seeing Victors with PPC+2x AC5+LRM5s. It confused the hell out of me as to why they had those LRMs on. Seemed like a waste of tonnage, But if its just the bads trying to pad stats, it all makes sense now XD

#26 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

Well, PGI probably should not have sped them up since no one complained about LRMs or used them before the speed-up. Skill? LRMs are very hard to use. They have a 180 meter dead-zone and are not as good as direct-fire weapons and they require you to maintain a lock for 3-5 seconds to get a hit. It requires location and knowing where all the bad guys are so you keep a good distance from them and within range of your team.

LRM mechs become difficult if no one can get to close range and take them out or harass them so they can be taken out by your own team's LRMs. Because trust me, the LRM squads on each team know where the other team's LRM mechs are and have them at high priority. This is a Light mech harasser job, but don't make it a suicide run, wait for the right time. You might even alert your team that you are at the enemy LRM mechs.

LRM mechs under an ECM shield are the hardest, you need TAG for them.

LRM boats can crush you, but are helpless, so you just don't let them sit off in the distance and unload LRM55 on you. You send in harassers and they have their own LRM support to help things go smoothly.

#27 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

I think the tourney churned out a lot of D-DC Lurm boats due to the way it is scored and the whole risk vs. reward. People will always take the path of least resistance. On the plus side had a huge upswing in wins on an ECM light over the weekend.

#28 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

People can't aim worth a damn, so they load up on LRM's to be uber l33t for the tournament.

My Dragons are loving them <_<

#29 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 26 May 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Problem is PGI's meta

There is nothing meta about lrms.

They only seem to be popular in PuG matches from what I can tell. Anyone that knows what they are doing can negate lrms pretty easy.

I have been in many matches of late where the team with the greater number of lrm boats loses. If they can't brawl, then they can be over run pretty easy.

LRM's are almost effective now so you are seeing more of them, but quite frankly they could use a buff.

#30 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

If you really want to learn to play against LRMs, watch the guys in the tournament streams. Even if LRMs wont be used, watch how they use cover. That's why LRMs are non existent in the upper levels

#31 Ursh

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:44 AM

The one LRM5 on my Cataphract 4X is awesome for farming assists while I wait for the brawl.

The 50 ALRMs on my Battlemaster tend to upset people a little bit, especially since I pack a TAG and like to see my target doing the panic dance in the rain of cleansing LRMs.

#32 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostBelorion, on 26 May 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

There is nothing meta about lrms.

They only seem to be popular in PuG matches from what I can tell. Anyone that knows what they are doing can negate lrms pretty easy.

I have been in many matches of late where the team with the greater number of lrm boats loses. If they can't brawl, then they can be over run pretty easy.

LRM's are almost effective now so you are seeing more of them, but quite frankly they could use a buff.

About half the matches that I dropped in 5 hours today the MM decided to put 3 to 4 LRM boats, the one and only DDC, and 2 to 4 poptarts on one side

And my side got no ECM and more than half of our numbers brawlers.

Sooo

But LRM spamming seems to be a symptom of racking up damage while staying away from the front line as long as possible for the tournament.

We'll see soon

Enjoyed the time when LRM's where jinxed a few days ago.

#33 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:55 AM

The other day we been in river city and watched the LRM rain at the buildings. It was a dull and boring game, as the other team seem not to have any other weapon than LRM. It lasted for 10 minutes until the LRM raining stopped and our team moved out from behind the buildings and stomped the rather helpless enemy.

If PGI had loadout balancing...

But sometimes it's fun to sneak with a raven, spider or cicada behind an LRM boat and peel their cnt up.

#34 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

LOL! Get your elo up so you don't see LRMs anymore?

So then you graduate from 'The ELO of LMRs' to 'The ELO of PPC&AC Pop-t-ards'!!

Headsup. LRMs is everywhere because it is currently the best counter to pop-t-ard... which are everywhere.

#35 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

Just two LRM mechs can make a match feel like everyone has a LRM boat, three or four it is bad. Now have you been in a match on alpine with five to seven LRM boats, that is very bad.=, especially since we had the I9 hill. Two weeks ago me and three people dropped with two battlemasters one stalker and a spider spotter. It was TAG target, fire two volleys, dead, next.

A few people decided to charge us to get within 180 m, but the problem they had, was three 85 ton mechs with 12 ML's between them focusing on one mech.

Now during matches there might be another Boat with me, or not. This weekend I was the only LRM boat on both teams and there was one target I caught out in the open and after he was complaining about LRM boats and how many we had. That team had Jesters, fire starters, a 3L, K2 jagers, and victors. I only saw one AMS fire off for the other team. That was 4 kills, 6 assists and almost 900 damage. I still had 220 missiles left out of 1440.

Do I die to LRM boats, yes, just not often. Learning to run LRM boats have helped me learn situation awareness better. Also the different firing lanes that people use to hit me at over 1000m. It made me better at other play stiles and knowing the maps. Now I am trying the dual guass again to get better at it.

Since a challenge is going this weekend, it is LRMs are us. Enough so that one match I think I did only 120 damage in a Jenner F, but sat there allowing me to be targeted by three LRM boats for 5 minutes. I got dinged once and they ran out of LRMs. It is so fun to get inexperienced LRM boats out there and drain them dry for the rest of the team to take out. I was also harassing them with TAG and a ERLL.

Edited by Barkem Squirrel, 26 May 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#36 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

View PostKassatsu, on 25 May 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Maybe in the really, really bad elo brackets and during the tournament where ECM is non-existent, but really?

Hold on a second here. It is a well known fact, according to the best of the "Whine and Cheese" hating crowd that ECM is Super Duper OP.

If that fact has not changed, and I am pretty sure it hasn't, then why is it not seeing extensive use in the Tourney Matches?

Did all the Teams get together and decide not to use it? Was it banned? Or perhaps it is not as OP as was made out all this time?

#37 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 26 May 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Problem is PGI's meta

LOL! That is simply precious. So you believe that after multiple weapons changes, to appease the Whiners, and then the "Playa's" just creating a new "meta" every time, it is PGI's doings? LOL!

Please show us your Balanced Weapons Set, so we can Test how it just couldn't be Meta'd. LOL!

#38 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 26 May 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

stuff

But LRM spamming seems to be a symptom of racking up damage while staying away from the front line as long as possible for the tournament.

stuff

Sounds like a plan. Soften them up from range. Who would have thought. <_<

#39 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

And you guys think LRM spam is bad in MWO... this is what I had to deal with in 40k over the weekend...

Posted Image

#40 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

LRM can kill staff without the need to aim or expose yourself, they also always register damage at any ping.
When i wanna play MWO but i am lazy i go LRM boat so i chill out and be usefull to the team at the same time

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 26 May 2014 - 11:36 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users