- - - - -

The 'ask Me Anything' Poll

101 replies to this topic

Poll: AMA Debriefing (535 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in seeing more Reddit AMA events?

1. Voted Yes (332 votes [62.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.06%

2. Neutral (116 votes [21.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.68%

3. No (87 votes [16.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.26%

Would you be interested in seeing a "Get To Know The Devs" event? (Less focused on the game and more on the people behind the process.)

1. Voted Yes (199 votes [37.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.20%

2. Neutral (192 votes [35.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.89%

3. No (144 votes [26.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

Would you be interested in seeing more Dev Vlogs?

1. Voted Yes (347 votes [65.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.23%

2. Neutral (107 votes [20.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.11%

3. No (78 votes [14.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.66%

Would you be interested in seeing more Behind the Scenes Tweets of the Studio?

1. Voted Yes (229 votes [43.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.05%

2. Neutral (164 votes [30.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.83%

3. No (139 votes [26.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.13%

Would you be interested in seeing more Command Chair posts?

1. Voted Yes (463 votes [91.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.87%

2. Neutral (18 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

3. No (23 votes [4.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.56%

Would you be interested in seeing more fluff like the ISN News Reports?

1. Voted Yes (318 votes [63.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.73%

2. Neutral (110 votes [22.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.04%

3. No (71 votes [14.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 25 May 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

Bonus Survey Question:
If you answered yes to question 2:
What sort of fun/friendly/casual questions would you like to see in a "Get to Know The Devs" event?

I really would like to see devs playing matches on MWO. I'm not often drop with PGI guys, so... I want to know if they are good on MWO =)

And i would like to know what is their feeling when they play some mech with bad reputation : Locust, Dragon, Awesome, etc... With gameply videos of course!

#22 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

Take a look at the kinds of weekly updates put out by CIG for star Citizen.

This is the kind of information I'd like to see about MWO.

It's not super long, but it talks about actual concrete stuff being done in development of the game.

#23 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

Q#2: Video game industry insight would be fascinating!

#24 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

"Yes"
"Yes"
"Yes"
"Yes"
"Yes"

Come on Niko, you know us, you could've answered these questions by yourself <_<

#25 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:26 AM

Explaining my votes a bit more ...

Would you be interested in seeing more Reddit AMA events?
- Yes - Russ' AMA wasn't particularly insightful, but it was good to see him responding directly to the community. I'd prefer if some of the more specialized team members answered questions directly relating to their area of expertise.

Would you be interested in seeing a "Get To Know The Devs" event?
- Yes - However, this should be the last thing on the list.

What sort of fun/friendly/casual questions would you like to see in a "Get to Know The Devs" event?
- What is your favorite (or least favorite) 'mech, game mode, map, weapon system, etc.? ... show us that you enjoy playing the game as much as we do.
- What has been the hardest problem you've overcome in development of MWO?
- What upcoming game feature are you most looking forward to?
(I know, not so fun, friendly, or casual, but I really think you need to focus more on helping us understand what's going on "behind the curtain" before anything else.)

Would you be interested in seeing more Dev Vlogs?
- Yes - But more focused, less lengthy, quicker to produce. There will be QQing about "why wasn't (my favorite topic) discussed)?", but that's inevitable. Possily have only one Dev being interviewed, release it a day or two before that Dev does an AMA.

Would you be interested in seeing more Behind the Scenes Tweets of the Studio?
- Yes - Voted "yes" mostly because any communication is better than what we had last year, but I don't tweet. As long as you continue to replicate the tweets on the forums, tweet whatever you want.

Would you be interested in seeing more Command Chair posts?
- Yes - I would also like to see each of them updated regularly to keep us informed about how things are going. Saying something once makes us wonder months or more later if the information is still fresh.

Would you be interested in seeing more fluff like the ISN News Reports?
- Yes - Probably best to wait until you're on track for a specific release date for the actual Clan Invasion (OBTW, 'mechs going on sale is NOT an invasion).

#26 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:36 AM

Hrm... it's not as easy at it seems to answer them... not without solid explanation.

Reddit. I hate this Reddit thing, but if it's the only source we could get information of, then for god's sake, let it happen...

Get to know the devs. No, cos it occupies resources that can be better allocated to see above and below. As long as there is still a strong lack of information I'll not vote for anything like this.

Vlogs. Yes... IF they're not heavily outdated. IF they contain concrete information about ongoing projects and upcoming changes.

Behind the scenes. No. See above. This can happen when everything else works. And then this will most likely happen on the devs private accounts... <_<

Command Chair. Heck, yes. A weekly developer update and specific topics regarding critical updates and changes.

Fluff. Well... yes... a regular newsfeed would be fine.

Give it priorities. Concrete information should always be priority one. Fluff should follow up and when all this works you can always do some behind the scenes stuff.

Don't get me wrong, Niko. You're doing an awesome job (as well as Karl Berg!), but you cannot compensate for the lack of solid information regarding the current state of the game (especially in design). Matthew is constantly improving in communications, but Russ, Brian and Paul are some sort of black hole. And keep in mind what your official channels are. I get the impression you're using more and more inofficial channels and gave up on this forum.

#27 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

Bonus Survey Question:
If you answered yes to question 2:

What does the Dev know about the lore of Battletech? TT, Novels, various video games, watched the cartoon?

#28 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:58 AM

More weapons! Arrows, Long Toms, Blazers, oh my!

#29 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:14 AM

I will join Kageru and Gasoline on this.

Mostly yes, but have priorities (to save dev time). Rather more "relevant" info than fluff, but do everything on a regular basis.

To save time, you could even pre-select 5 topics for the next session and let the players vote. (not like AtD, but a bit similar)

#30 Scromboid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBlue Ridge Mountains

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

This is just......

You know the answers to these already. I do not know why you are polling this. Of ~course~ we want more information. You cannot pretend that we have not been asking for more information for the past 2 years.

You are behind the 8 ball when it comes to doing something like this. This poll shows one of two things: either 1) You are so completely out of the loop on this things, you really are completely ignorant or 2) You really think this is a clever way to show people that NOW you are caring, whereas you never cared before.

I am not sure which is more insulting.

Path to Success:
Share, Receive and Act on Information.
Hire some more Devs.
Complete things players want done.

It is really not all that difficult, especially when you have such an amazing IP.

#31 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:45 AM

the fluff. I need the fluff.

makes it feel like theres more to this game than mechs and mech and mechs each month

Edited by Jin Ma, 26 May 2014 - 04:45 AM.

#32 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:56 AM

Maybe use their own forums for something other than issuing dictates from on high and actually engage in feedback in their "Feedback" forums from CC posts. <_<

Interact with their community using more than 140 characters at a time. :D

Stop treating the Fourmites as the "Great Unwashed" or the "Vocal minority" whos posts are mocked and "facepalmed" openly at the offices (or at the very least, don't tell your CUSTOMERS that that is done) :D

Edited by Roadbeer, 26 May 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#33 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 26 May 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

Maybe use their own forums for something other than issuing dictates from on high and actually engage in feedback in their "Feedback" forums from CC posts. <_<

Interact with their community using more than 140 characters at a time. :D

Stop treating the Fourmites as the "Great Unwashed" or the "Vocal minority" whos posts are mocked and "facepalmed" openly at the offices (or at the very least, don't tell your CUSTOMERS that that is done) :D

I dunno, some of these threads are quite facepalm worthy. Like the one that referred to "LRM and Gauss cheaters" showing up during the tourney.

#34 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

View PostSephlock, on 26 May 2014 - 05:25 AM, said:

I dunno, some of these threads are quite facepalm worthy. Like the one that referred to "LRM and Gauss cheaters" showing up during the tourney.

Dude, I've facedesked this forum so many times that my mouse has a lateral drift.
You just DON'T tell your customers that you do that.

Edited by Roadbeer, 26 May 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#35 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

View PostTekadept, on 25 May 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

I voted no because Reddit is the spawn of all that is evil. perhaps you use your own forums?

Radical Idea...

#36 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 26 May 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

Dude, I've facedesked this forum so many times that my mouse has a lateral drift.
You just DON'T tell your customers that you do that.

Posted Image

I think that at the very least, they should publicly single out the next LRM whine post and do a live video stream of them mocking it for several hours.

And I mean really hamming it up, using umbrellas and ping pong balls as props. "Oh no, here come the LRMs, whatever shall I do?!"

#37 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

I would like to see more info, doesn't matter if it is MWO time-plans, maps, behind scene pictures, vlogs from your or the Devs days, evolution of Mechart-concepts, anything (even, if it is your neighbours cat).. It should just consist least some new infos...

But no Russ-Reddit, please. 2 hours for a 2 min info (the list of Clan-variants)... Was a wast of time... and the only good news is the delay of "Ro3"..(If I really want to read political-style (speak many, say nothing) reports, I would do it, and don't played instead MWO..)

PS: Ye,.. "back to without Ro3"... Pretty good matches on this weekend: more with 50%+ Assault-Mechs on both side - was lot of (weight) fun... <_< Thanks to everyone!

#38 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

Well, hmmm..

Here's the thing. I hate Reddit. I hate it so much. I'd far, far rather the AMA style things where held here, though I can understand how that's awkward with our somewhat limited forum software. So, if it's Reddit or nothing, then Reddit. But I feel very, very dirty for voting yes to that.

Honestly, all I really want to see is two things:

1) More command chair posts, and
2) (and this is the most important one).....

Please, for the love of whatever god you may believe in, please have whoever posts the command chair post actually participate in the feedback thread. I know they've got limited time, and I definitely don't want this to dissuade command chair posts from being posted... But there's nothing that makes a player feel less valued than feeling completely ignored in the feedback thread.

Now, Niko, I get you'll say that you collate feedback and pass it along. But while I'm sure you do just that, the total absence of dev interaction in those feedback threads absolutely makes them feel like little /dev/null holes to vent forum pressure.

Please. Get them to consider popping in to address player's feedback directly. It'll go a long, long ways.

#39 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

Greetings Niko,

Yes to some form of video 'walk through' of the actual production area's, saying hello to each and every member of the development crew. We are helping to pay there salaries, so a simple 'Hi, I'm bla,bla,bla and I do this, for MWO' would be nice. You don't have to show just what they are working on, but a one liner of 'I'm working on this right now' would also be nice.

Getting to actually see real people, working in real time, on a game we all want, goes a long way to putting faces to this company. And letting us know, indeed things are truly progressing, wither smoothly or with great difficulty, it doesn't matter. Just that people are working hard to bring 'The Best Dam Mech Game Ever' "to somewhat borrow a certain phrase".

Let the PGI crew know, we really do appreciate this difficult work, with a not so forgiving engine. And things always get better when the players actually have a reason to 'Do Battle' with big stompy robots. Here's looking at you Community Warfare.

9erRed

#40 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

Will there ever be bots that move and shoot back at you in training grounds?
Is there a chance that we will get a stock mech mode in this game ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users